Recollecting special registered items...

OK, so I was reading about the maintenance about the special items that you have a registration key for and I dunno if it has ever been brought up but I think that if for some reason you lost the item that you should be able to talk to the Festive Moogle and get it again. It's not like you can sell them to make money so there is no reason to me why you can't.

Here is why... I have played this game for years and years an years and I went to California for one of the events and got a Nomad Moogle Cap for my character. Then I took a break for a while and my account was hacked and everything was gone. Even stuff of no value, like my Nomad Moogle Cap, was dropped for no reason at all. I wanted to get all my stuff back and had trouble with the paper work (kept sending the email SE requested from me and they for some reason would never get it). So finally I said forget it I will just play... and now I am seeing all these people with the Moogle Outfits and it makes me wish I still had my Nomad Moogle Cap... I don't care about anything else but I spent money to go to California for that thing so I feel like I should be able to talk to the Festive Moogle again and get it back. SE should be able to see that the code was registered on my account so whatever codes I have registered I feel like I should be able to get those items back. I can understand limits so that way people don't abuse it by constantly dropping the hat so they can get a new one where the timer is reset. But you can make us wait a day, a week, or a month even. I wouldn't care so long as there was a way I could get it back...

OK, so that is all I have for now... I don't post a lot on here so I just thought that maybe this would be something they could implement or if nothing else send me my Nomad Moogle Cap again...

It was originally registered for Zathura but I switched servers and had to change my characters name to Asukai....

Please implement this feature or someone please send me my cap back... I really miss it!

Thank you for listening to me rant!
    (5)

Character
    Avina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 85
    Honestly I don't know why these kinds of simple things aren't looked into, the one time code deals. It gets registered to the account so the account should be able to reclaim it whenever.

Square-Enix really should sharpen up their image on the customer support side of things. These forums are nice and talking with the devs are good. But the only time I see Square-Enix customer support (the GMs) come here is to lock threads and redirect people elsewhere to a web page where their pleas will fall on deaf ears. And this is a must for FFXI and FFXIV alike; the player's morale in this game has been low for a long time. While Seekers of Adoulin is really getting people pumped up, things like this and for example, that player who posted about accidentally dropping their Mandau and how SE wouldn't reward it back to him, really jade the game.

As it goes with hackings in general, Square-Enix should really be more receptive to this. It happens a lot, and people put a lot of time and money into this game. Letting this stuff slide and making your player base fight with you to reward them back items that were stolen or accidentally lost really sets up a lot of animosity and like I said before; low morale. And I've known people to quit over these kinds of things.

Something like this Nomad Moogle's cap though is just so harmless. It's sad that this has to even be an issue.
    (2)

Thank you for responding to my post! It is nice to know that others agree. And it does seem like it should be something simple to implement like you said since the codes are registered to our account and personally I kinda feel like I bought the Nomad Moogle Cap for $80 and now I don't have it anymore @_@;... I mean I know the $80 was the fee to actually go to the event and the item was just a bonus but still... to me I feel like I bought it and I should be able to collect it again if it is lost. I was hoping to get more responses so maybe I would actually get a dev response either saying "We will look into implementing this feature" or "Sorry we can't implement this feature but here is your Nomad Moogle Cap back!" ^_^; Am I wishing too much? LOL
    (0)

Character
    Avina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 85
    The thing is, it would be so easy to fix. I'm sure if its just that the code can only be used once, they have means to generate new codes for the item. If not, it's something they should implement.

I can understand if there were issues regarding balance or fairness involved in this, but there isn't. Guy got hacked and lost something that was special. He petitioned SE and they made it hard for him and ultimately never got around to fixing the problem. He should get his item back. That's... all there is to it.

I think though you may be wishing for too much. I've just seen too many tales of the company not fulfilling these kinds of requests. Which is unfortunate really... having good PR and good relations with your client base can make such a big difference in how people view the company. I'm almost possible the only reason FFXIV stands a chance at ever being successful is because of Yoshi-P and how awesome he's been with handling the community. Where things have been hard and lacking he has actually convinced people that they are trying to make things better. I would love a Square-Enix where the support team had the same kind of passion and drive to bring more to their fanbase. But from what I can tell, it's just not on their radar...

I don't mean to bash the excellent support we get here from the dev team though. Although they can't reply to everything, their efforts are awesome. I just wish the rest of the company was like them.
    (0)

Well I gave up and put in a ticket hoping that I get a good response! /crossesfingers After so many years playing, so much money invested, and a trip to California... maybe someone will have a heart and let me have the only item that I lost that really meant anything to me @__@;
    (0)