Player

SE, segregation and you.

Greetings to the whole Final Fantasy 11 community,

It has perked my attention that, lately, Square Enix actions has lead us into what I define as blatant segregation, and this might be legal or not depending on current country laws. But, honestly, this game was made (or at least I believe it was made) to bring people together, especially Final Fantasy 11 that above other online games encourages the teamwork between players.

Now it seems that it has changed to the worse, with events that happens at different times between the Japanese community and North American community, or even worse, events that we see happening on game with online rewards between the Japanese player base and the other part of the player base can just wonder or get pretty lame explanations about why we're not included. Taking in mind that if the prizes are real stuff of course SE will have to obey every country regulation. But not with online stuff.

An example, I don't know of you guys, but watching moogle suits already when we all must of had the chance at the same time to get it is, in my humble opinion, a blatant segregation, rubbing us in the face that between a community of players there must be some kind of places that you have to fit in depending of your nationality.

Last SE action they decided to let us know that implies some sort of favoritism/segregation is the new expansion that won't be released on North America. I mean, seriously ???, it is not a point of how PS2 has being a problem or not in FFXI evolution. The main thing here is how, again, we have to see that Japan community gets stuff that also we should of get too. If they really want to remove PS2 support whatsoever so be it. It could possibly be for good, but not giving us this attitude of because you don't live in Japan or don't know Japanese you can't have a game that is already available in NA, ridiculous.

And, of course, I know some people in forum will agree or disagree with me, but at least I have spoke my mind and as they are entitled to disagree as I'm in my very right to let SE community know that what they are doing is, in my opinion, the new era of segregation.

Thank you all for your kind attention.
    (5)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The shared mentality amongst most Japanese players is that Final Fantasy games are Japanese games that some North American players happen to also play, not that it is somehow a global game without borders.

That said, laws are different between countries, and between cultures, regardless of whether or not it is an online or real-world item. There is no central "internet government" despite many a conspiracy theorist, and this is a lesson many a NA player should learn and understand before ranting here or in Port Jeuno. (I'm not saying you're ranting, just that many NA players do not understand that U.S. law doesn't always apply to everything and everyone.)

Most importantly, I agree with the fundamental idea that players of an MMORPG should be treated as equals, and their online reputation should be the factor in how they enjoy game content... not their geographical location.

I will say this though: Kill the PS2, because it needs to die. Even if it means only in NA, at least I can log in each passing day knowing that there are fewer PS2 players online.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Player
    Thanks for your reply,

And yes, this OP is about equality among all players in FFXI more than anything ^_^b so we agree on that
    (0)

Character
    Lockhe
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 35
    I had a discussion with someone about this before. Basically, we should be all even in chance to get such an item. I made the point for the moogle suit costume that SE should have made a paid stream kinda like what Blizzard do for Blizzcon, Those that pay gets the promo in-game items for it. That would have been fair.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordya View Post
    I had a discussion with someone about this before. Basically, we should be all even in chance to get such an item. I made the point for the moogle suit costume that SE should have made a paid stream kinda like what Blizzard do for Blizzcon, Those that pay gets the promo in-game items for it. That would have been fair.
    Yes, indeed, moogle suit and new expansion is only two of a big list of what SE has been doing lately, sad in my opinion
    (1)

Character
    Lockhe
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmonts View Post
    Yes, indeed, moogle suit and new expansion is only two of a big list of what SE has been doing lately, sad in my opinion
    I find the new expansion news a bit harder to classify. The PS2 is discontinued in NA/EU, no one makes games since what 2009-2010 for it? However, PS2 owners should be able to do like the add-ons and buy registration codes for it, like all the expansions. Then it would be fine to have boxed copy of PC/Xbox. That way no one will be penalized.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordya View Post
    I find the new expansion news a bit harder to classify. The PS2 is discontinued in NA/EU, no one makes games since what 2009-2010 for it? However, PS2 owners should be able to do like the add-ons and buy registration codes for it, like all the expansions. Then it would be fine to have boxed copy of PC/Xbox. That way no one will be penalized.
    I totally understand, trying to make everyone see that everyone should have the same things in this game and not only a few just because ppl is not japanese. The -PS2 should be kept alive- topic is already on othere OP's
    (0)

Character
    Lockhe
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmonts View Post
    I totally understand, trying to make everyone see that everyone should have the same things in this game and not only a few just because ppl is not japanese. The -PS2 should be kept alive- topic is already on othere OP's
    I agree with you, we are paying the same monthly fee, we should have a chance to get said items.
    (2)

Greetings, Belmonts!

First of all, thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about the treatment of players. From what you have expressed regarding your point of view, I can see how you feel frustrated. Unfortunately, the manner that you have expressed your opinions can seem like an attack, so the thread will be locked. However, we still value your perspective, so I highly recommend submitting your thoughts through the SQUARE ENIX Support Center site. Thanks again to all of you for your participation, and I wish you all the best of luck!
    (3)