Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
    Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    to be frank SE fully admitec gear swaping was not intentional and they don't switcjh it because it will tick ppl off. And from my personal experience a well timed nuke is more effective then a high powered one. I've seen this game before and after gear swaping. and in my personal experindce ppl goit WORST with gear swaping... and blame it on others.
    but that is just my opinion. I'm not saying anything other then that. Oh and i did use staves both hq and nq as a rdm blm and sch tyvm i didn't see personally any real difference and tbh got killed from it. I've done basic gear swaping and i think its idiotic. but gear swap to your hearts content. Just don't cry if you die from pover powered skills that cause u to gain hate resulting in ur deatj. (which i seen more times then i can count )

I'm a firm believer in people playing how they wish. You guys have literally no reason or right to tell me how to play if u want that right pay for my account.

The bolded part: Please please PLEASE show me where SE said that. If you can't, please learn from your previous mistakes and stop spreading misinformation.

As for the rest of your post - wow, just wow. And wtf is a well-timed nuke???

Play how you like. Be gimp to your heart's content, nobody cares (unless you're so gimp you drag your whole group down). Just don't - please don't advocate a sub-par, gimp playstyle on this forum. Jeez. -.-
    (12)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Player
    to be frank SE fully admitec gear swaping was not intentional and they don't switcjh it because it will tick ppl off. And from my personal experience a well timed nuke is more effective then a high powered one. I've seen this game before and after gear swaping. and in my personal experindce ppl goit WORST with gear swaping... and blame it on others.
    but that is just my opinion. I'm not saying anything other then that. Oh and i did use staves both hq and nq as a rdm blm and sch tyvm i didn't see personally any real difference and tbh got killed from it. I've done basic gear swaping and i think its idiotic. but gear swap to your hearts content. Just don't cry if you die from pover powered skills that cause u to gain hate resulting in ur deatj. (which i seen more times then i can count )

I'm a firm believer in people playing how they wish. You guys have literally no reason or right to tell me how to play if u want that right pay for my account.
    No offense, but without gearswaps, RDM would never get anywhere with anything. Because there is simply no set of gear in the game that can effectively do everything, making RDM impossible.
    (7)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    No offense, but without gearswaps, RDM would never get anywhere with anything. Because there is simply no set of gear in the game that can effectively do everything, making RDM impossible.
    This applies for all jobs, but I'll second the notion that it's extremely important for Red Mage specifically. I couldn't pull off half the stuff I do on Red Mage if I wasn't able to make effective use of gear swaps.
    (5)

Character
    Bechyne
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Rosina....Pchan's wife.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    The bolded part: Please please PLEASE show me where SE said that. If you can't, please learn from your previous mistakes and stop spreading misinformation.

As for the rest of your post - wow, just wow. And wtf is a well-timed nuke???

Play how you like. Be gimp to your heart's content, nobody cares (unless you're so gimp you drag your whole group down). Just don't - please don't advocate a sub-par, gimp playstyle on this forum. Jeez. -.-
    Didn't you hear? They also win fights versus VT mobs with well timed 2 hours.

Oh, and seconding everything else, if you want to play bad do it on your own time. No one can force you to play a certain way, but they have no obligation to accept you either.
    (3)

Character
    Ica
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    So you solo most of the time, then, yes?
    (3)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    At the same time not every situation requires intensive gear swaps, either. Let's say you're a Mage-type character building Azure lights (for the purposes of this example, Blue Mage counts as an actual Mage). Sure, you can keep on doing those same gear swaps. But in the time it takes you to swap gears you can kill the monsters without the gear swaps.

Despite what macro junkies like to say, gear swaps aren't a panacea and it's something that needs to be done on a case-by-case basis.
    (1)

Character
    Bechyne
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    You can't relate Abyssea content to content of olde that actually required you to gear swap.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post
    At the same time not every situation requires intensive gear swaps, either. Let's say you're a Mage-type character building Azure lights (for the purposes of this example, Blue Mage counts as an actual Mage). Sure, you can keep on doing those same gear swaps. But in the time it takes you to swap gears you can kill the monsters without the gear swaps.

Despite what macro junkies like to say, gear swaps aren't a panacea and it's something that needs to be done on a case-by-case basis.
    Guess that depends on how your managing the gear swaps too....as in whether it's in the legit macro system or not. But even with having to use a swap macro first then fire the spell/WS/JA, you are only talking a split second. It doesn't take long to get your timing down in most cases. That's more an issue of paying attention and compensating.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post

I agree, in some cases gear swaps will not be needed, such as the one you speak, however this is only half true. You will likely do just as well as I if you had the same nuking set and such, but if I am quickly using a Fast Cast set with a proper amount of FC, my nukes will be better in the long run.

I do actually stay in my nuking set for the most part when building azure, just saying it is possible and better to use a FC set for pre-cast, then your nuking set stacked with MAB & INT for your actual cast itself.

RDM in and of itself in most uses it has in the game, is a very gear-centric job, thats why I said it, because without the ability to swap gear, RDM would be even more rejected than it is today due to losing much of its only trait it truly has left, flexibility.
    (2)

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast