Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Play as a Monster Camps

Where do you think the best places would be? First thought that comes to mind is Abyssea maws... level 30 leech camping XD
    (0)

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They said that it would be in certain designated areas that you can do battle. But it sounded that you could pick up points doing battle as you go along in real game.
    (0)

Correct, there will be specific areas where "play as a monster" will be possible. The main reasoning for area limitations is due to the fact that huge monsters such as behemoth cannot move around in certain areas or certain parts of areas (think small cave passages etc.). Once there is more information on this we will be sure to pass it along.

Also, just as some follow up information in regards to this new system, we have seen concerns come up after announcing the concept of “play as a monster” in regards to whether or not the possibility would exist for players to just lose or win on purpose with their friends so they can receive rewards easily.

Obviously this would make this content quite boring and the development team is already at work to make a system to prevent this type of play style. This is the reasoning for notoriety/prestige (tentative name) points , which players can actively compete for. You will not be able to receive a reward by just defeating players with low point values continuously.

We have also seen a couple of requests for battlefields that can only be accessed as a monster as an alternative to the PvP element, so players can receive rewards there instead. While this is definitely an interesting idea and can be looked into in the future as a way to add elements to the system to make it more enjoyable, the concern is that by introducing this system, the focus of this content would shift to be more battlefield-centric taking away from the main idea of creating a fun and exciting way for players to fight as player vs. monster-player in open field areas.
    (16)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Bakura
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    well thats awesome! new content ^^ yes please
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Correct, there will be specific areas where "play as a monster" will be possible. The main reasoning for area limitations is due to the fact that huge monsters such as behemoth cannot move around in certain areas or certain parts of areas (think small cave passages etc.). Once there is more information on this we will be sure to pass it along.

Also, just as some follow up information in regards to this new system, we have seen concerns come up after announcing the concept of “play as a monster” in regards to whether or not the possibility would exist for players to just lose or win on purpose with their friends so they can receive rewards easily.

Obviously this would make this content quite boring and the development team is already at work to make a system to prevent this type of play style. This is the reasoning for notoriety/prestige (tentative name) points , which players can actively compete for. You will not be able to receive a reward by just defeating players with low point values continuously.

We have also seen a couple of requests for battlefields that can only be accessed as a monster as an alternative to the PvP element, so players can receive rewards there instead. While this is definitely an interesting idea and can be looked into in the future as a way to add elements to the system to make it more enjoyable, the concern is that by introducing this system, the focus of this content would shift to be more battlefield-centric taking away from the main idea of creating a fun and exciting way for players to fight as player vs. monster-player in open field areas.
    SO I won't be able to camp low level areas and kill all the new players?
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    SO I won't be able to camp low level areas and kill all the new players?
    I just want to become the penultimate crab or slime and require so long to kill that people would rather give up and rage-quit than wait five hours for their inevitable victory.

My arch-nemesis will be whoever can wander off for four hours to make the most elaborate sandwich ever constructed then spend an hour taking the perfect picture of it to post as a strangely mundane instagram.
    (9)

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think a lot of people were hoping this is what Pankration would be, when it came out. Or, something along these lines.
    (0)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Character
    Aramyth
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm very excited for this. I remember saying a few years ago that PvMP would be the only way for XI to have decent pvp.
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I'm really excited about this as well! One of my favorite things about any video game was always when you finally got to play as the enemy, like when you could get Magus in Chrono Trigger to join your party.

So to clarify, it will work sort of similar to Voidwatch, where the designated places to do battle will be highlighted somehow? Or will it work to where you can openly participate, just in restricted zones, more like where you can and cannot ride a chocobo?
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    FellCleave>>>PC-Mandragoras>>>Profit?
    (0)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast