Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    InB4 hordes of elities run around in abyssea zones killing off leach parties.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

I somehow doubt it will be accessible in Abyssea, But even if it was, Forgetting the part where Battle between a Player Monster and a Player has to be consensual... Thats What i remember seeing at least. Either way, If it wasn't, Book burn leeches are open game !

Still, I want to start planning out my Family, Attack pattern etc now, But I don't wanna pick something like Chigoe or Apkallu now and then turn out they can't be selected... Or an Ambusher Antlion, etc.

So I can't get too hyped cause I don't know what type of Monsters are going to be available for use, Or if we'll be able to control what job they are (For Instance, Using Goblin as an Example, They have 5-6 Job types... BST, WAR, RDM, BLM, etc etc... Some monsters follow the same pattern... like Weapons are RDM or WAR, Will it auto-select or will we be able to pick which one we wanted?)

I'm still super fking Hyped, Do we have a release schedule D:? are there any rewards planned?

While the event sounds crazy fun, If its going to have any sort of long-life, It will need tangible rewards, rather rewards that help your monster, Or like Byrth(I think) Suggested, Rewards based on the Family you took to high level..

But uh, Did anyone notice they're looking into possible "BCNM" Type battlefields where you play as a Monster? I did... That looks sweet...
    (3)

Yeah, I am actually looking forwards to this.

It would be fun to try a party battle where the party members were a mandragora, eruca, colibri and ... some whm mob? I actually don't know which mobs are white mages, except beastmen.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    /sh <insert name here> BCNM (do you need it?) Mandragora / Treeant (Can I have it?) @4/6 !!
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    A system that has nothing to do with the rest of the game?

Pass.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post

Pass.
    I'd be happy for that. Rather than have them do like they did with pankration and ZNM. Where they tie some insignificant portion of this event into another event and make both of them unpopular in the process.
    (5)

Happy Friday!

We received another informative comment from "Play as a Monster" lead developer Iwagami, showing off a bit of the UI for the new system.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwakami
    Hello, this is Iwagami, the lead developer of "Play as a Monster".

Sorry to keep you all waiting, but I'd like to share a bit more information in regards to the "Play as a Monster" system.
    • Battling as a Monster
      When becoming a monster you will have access to the various abilities each monster family possesses, but to use these you'll need to have the required amount of TP. Furthermore, we are setting the system in such a way that when using the abilities it will only consume the amount of TP required. The objective of this was to create a number of possibilities while fighting. For example, when you save up 300 TP:
      • Use 3 abilities that cost 100 TP each.
      • Use 1 ability that costs 300 TP.
      • Use 2 abilities that cost 50 TP and 2 abilities that cost 100 TP.

Name:  forum1221_01.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  19.2 KBName:  forum1221_02.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  7.1 KB

• Menu
      We will be implementing brand-new UI elements specifically for "Play as a Monster" as well as adding a new item to the menu. From this menu, you will be able to do things such as select which monster you would like to become and set your monster knowledge.

I plan on sharing a few parts of that menu in the next update!

While this was only a tiny bit of information, once we're at the stage where can share more I will be sure to update you all.

Thank you very much!
    (31)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

This better have some really nice rewards if it will receive any kind of attention @.@ Yay i'm fighting as a bunny... Yay i fought as a bunny. Meh, I fought as a bunny. Why be a bunny when i can be a Taru? I mean, I can understand galka rushing to be something different...
    (1)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    InB4 hordes of elities run around in abyssea zones killing off leach parties.
    As leeches.

"PCLeech uses TP Drainkiss!"
    "PCLeech2 uses TP Drainkiss!"

PC Leech: AoE spam this, losers....*noms the healer*
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Prrsha
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 67
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post

Pass.
    A waste of man power imho when those dev hours could be used to balance the game and fix existing content first (or add to it). SE has always had this mentality to add some shiny new feature just to draw in new players but they quickly forget about it (and not support any changes or new rewards). Pankration and Chocobo racing comes to mind. There was a bit of an update regarding chocobos but do you really see even 10% of the population raising chocobos to race? No.

Since the PvP will be consensual only... who is going to agree to get ganked by a party of 6 bees? It will end up just like ballista did. Why play against another player as a monster when you can do it as a player in ballista or PvP island?
    (0)
    Fissssh! It's what's for dinner! :9

Prrroud founder of MithraPride on Phoenix 2004.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast