Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    That's because this is MPvP And we all want to be the behemoth.
    Speak for yourself. I want to be a caturae.
    (4)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    vampi here, cuz who doesn't want to walk around all the time, like they own the place ^^/
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Why anyone would want to be a mob with the turning radius of Texas is beyond my comprehension.
    Because they want to instacast meteor on an alliance of players.

I know I want to.

Actually though, I am going to be really upset if I can't play as a pixie.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mirage; 11-30-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Because they want to instacast meteor on an alliance of players.

I know I want to.
    We won't get to do that, though. Way too much fun.
    (0)

Well, realistically, we might not be able to select targets freely, because that would just turn into "how fast can i kill their healer" thing. Maybe we'll get hate reset moves.
    (0)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I want monster camps in Vivivivi's mog house.

I would hide under his bed and evolve by eating his moogle each time it respawns.
    (1)
    Last edited by Moppet; 12-01-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Saw this link on FFXIAH's forums, felt it was hilarious enough to post it here.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...23271053204871

Almost makes me want to level worm, haha!
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Greetings!

We received a nice comment from the "Play as a Monster" lead developer, and would like to share it with all of you.

Hello, Iwagami here, the "Play as a Monster" lead.

We have been creating the system in a way so that regardless of how much experience you have, you'll be able to enjoy the content right away. With that said, I would like to take this opportunity to talk a bit about the basic plan.

Please keep in mind that this is based on what we've worked on so far, and there is a possibility that things may change. So you may see a lot of vague words like, "planning," "intending," and "considering" popping up, but I will be very careful to not stray away from the aspects that we are placing heavy emphasis on and aspects that we would like to pay careful attention to.
    I'd really like to convey to you all what this content will be like.

Basic Plan
    • Being able to play the same as everyone else
      Fundamentally, all players will be beginning from the same starting point, and elements such as job levels, the gear you have, and the magic you have learned will not play a part.

Because of this, players that have fulfilled the minimum requirements to participate will be able to step into the same ring as veteran players.

However, we would like to add some achievement elements similar to synthetic atma, while making it so they are not an essential aspect.

• Being able to play comfortably
      We will be paying careful attention to ensure the below points are realized:
      • Unlocking new elements at a good pace
      • The timing of when new elements are unlocked is comprehensive and exciting
      • Regardless of the time and place, you will be able to pick up and start playing when you like
      • Possible to stop playing immediately when you'd like a break
      • Possible to play without limitation on play time or content cool down timers

The core system revolves around living the life of a monster. We would like to do our best to expand the playing possibilities of FFXI through living the life of a monster, making it possible to become a monster and traverse the fields or fight with other monsters and adventurers. Once you get used to life as a monster, you can battle with your friends to see who the ultimate mandragora is, or see which monster is the strongest. The way you play is up to you.

Additionally, system-wise, we would like to provide a wide array content that contains elements where you can play casually, hardcore, by yourself, and with others.

We won't be creating this content saying that certain elements are for certain kinds of players. The idea is to make it so there are a wide variety of ways you can enjoy play as a monster regardless of your situation or what's going on.

As a future step, we are considering to create content utilizing the play as a monster system, such as group battles or battlefield fights with multiple players, but first and foremost we are striving to make the basic system so that it can be enjoyed fully on its own. I apologize for making you wait so long, but I would like to release more information periodically from here on out. Thank you all very much.
    (20)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    is PAAM part of the new expansion or is it coming before that?
    (1)

Player
    Gah, I am so hyped for this! I only hope it does not take forever to be added. Although, I would prefer it done correctly than rushed early with bugs.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tanama; 12-06-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast