Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I really hope high level players cannot just grief kill people trying to level up their monsters. That would be fail.

Also, if it is PvP, can I charm other player-monsters?

Edit: Also, lets say I am playing as monster and I am in the middle of a battle with another mob, you are suggesting someone could just come up and kill me in the middle of a battle? I highly recommend rethinking the ability to avoid battling others because this present all sorts of problems. I don't think the dev team thought this through very well on the griefing side.
    (0)
    Last edited by Phogg; 11-28-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noirin View Post
    As was mentioned a few times, Fighting adventurers is part of a Daily Monster's life. Does this mean that we HAVE to fight? as such, does this mean i can simply be trolled when i want to fight other monsters, and have high level players hunting me down in the process? is there some kind of forced cap if a higher player attempts to hunt me? I.E. if i'm a rabbit in saruta, around lvl 5, does a lvl 99 player who randomly decides to attack me incur some sort of penalty [ A level or power restriction] ? or am i just ment to let them destroy me?

I'm more than open to the idea of PvP with this, but just like how i can do things by myself in Aby here and there, i don't want to always do this content with the worry of other players taking me out every few minutes. Rapidly dying =/= Fun Times.
    If you look at PvP in many other games, they is usually some form of level restrictions placed in lower areas (such as saruto, gusta, ronfaure).. but if you venture past those areas, you cant expect to not get killed. Part of what many PvP players enjoy is the excitement and "risk" of being in an area where you could get attacked at any time and having to be more alert and on your toes while dealing with any PvE content.

And yes it is annoying when you get killed but you cant play PvP and expect to never die by being shielded from any player attacks. This is what makes PvP what it is... dont like being randomly attacked? dont play PvP content.

Not trying to sound harsh but after years of washed out (pankration), restrictive (penalties for gear swaps in brenner ; ; ) PvP this sounds like one of the first real PvP contents this game will get (and prob the last for quite some time), so while I do agree that measures should be taken against player harrassment and grievance, I also really hope it isnt so padded to the point where the system is overly rigid and restrictive for the sake of preventing someone from QQing coz they died while playing PvP
    (5)
    Last edited by Mayoyama; 11-28-2012 at 07:14 AM.
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stolas View Post
    My main question/concern to this new feature, is how will enmity be applied in this situation?

Lets say for example I'm a Wyrm monster being engaged by a party of 6. Whats to stop me from ignoring the Paladin who wants to tank me and doing absolute terror and killing the whm instantly, going after every single squishier job besides the paladin until he's by himself?

Now granted I'm sure something like provoke forces the monster to attack you for a set amount of time will be implemented, but that will be a small comfort, and possibly force all the tankier DD jobs to have to sub war, which will take away from the dynamic gameplay of this event.

So the main point is, how will enmity affect this event, and what will maxing it out do on the monster if it even comes to that?
    I suspect that your movements and targetting are server-controlled while in battle.
    * You can't dance circles around players to make them lose attack rounds.
    * You auto-attack & auto-face the player with the highest enmity, and some abilities are only unlocked if certain conditions are meet (such as Spike Flail after a rear attack that draws agro).
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Player
    Eww... I hope not.
    (3)

Character
    Deathbeckons
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    if there are going to be black and white rabbits... will there be latino and yellow rabbits as well?
    (1)
    Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    If you look at PvP in many other games, they is usually some form of level restrictions placed in lower areas (such as saruto, gusta, ronfaure).. but if you venture past those areas, you cant expect to not get killed. Part of what many PvP players enjoy is the excitement and "risk" of being in an area where you could get attacked at any time and having to be more alert and on your toes while dealing with any PvE content.

And yes it is annoying when you get killed but you cant play PvP and expect to never die by being shielded from any player attacks. This is what makes PvP what it is... dont like being randomly attacked? dont play PvP content.

Not trying to sound harsh but after years of washed out (pankration), restrictive (penalties for gear swaps in brenner ; ; ) PvP this sounds like one of the first real PvP contents this game will get (and prob the last for quite some time), so while I do agree that measures should be taken against player harrassment and grievance, I also really hope it isnt so padded to the point where the system is overly rigid and restrictive for the sake of preventing someone from QQing coz they died while playing PvP
    The thing is, some people don't give a damn about PvP and just want to experience the leveling process and discovery of abilities as a monster "class."

If I have to deal with potential jerkwads and asshats trying to spoil my fun every time I wander around as a monster, than I expect some kind of point system for fighting other players where I can purchase gear and the like. If I can't avoid it, then I certainly expect to be rewarded for it, because I don't find forced participation in anything remotely fun.
    (4)
    Last edited by Aldersyde; 11-28-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think it's humorous that those same people who don't give a damn about PvP will participate in this event regardless and complain the whole time.
    (4)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    I think it's humorous that those same people who don't give a damn about PvP will participate in this event regardless and complain the whole time.
    That's because this is MPvP And we all want to be the behemoth.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Why anyone would want to be a mob with the turning radius of Texas is beyond my comprehension.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd rather be the one creature in the game with permenant invoulnerability. Granted they have no attacks either.
    (0)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast