Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    ...cause dancer isn't a heavy DD job. I play as dancer quite a bit myself, what dancer has going for it that other jobs do not, is its sustainability, and unique ability to heal without consuming mp, or having spells be interrupted. Sure it is a DD job, just nowhere near the extent of say, Samurai for example. It's an excellent job for soloing, and even a good all around job in most party situations.

Even with a White Mage in most situations, having a dancer isn't a bad idea for when the WHM runs out of echo drops, healing waltz can be a life safer, or in a pinch when you might be about ready to weapon skill and need to toss out a divine waltz 2 to cure/wake up the rest of the party.

It might not do the most damage, but it still plays a unique and important role in many situations.
    (0)

I wonder if there are similar guides as the one posted here for DNC for other jobs.
    (0)

azjazo.deviantart.com

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    There's one for BLU and one for COR.
    (0)

Thanks, I plan to lvl COR next, and found in shock that RNG is not a suggested sub anymore lol, what am I doing lvling RNG then
    (0)

azjazo.deviantart.com

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    yea i just autoattack those bats on dnc and can kill them in 30 seconds.
    (0)

Character
    Katriina
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Is this thread real! seriously I never thought someone would be so clueless about how DNC works...
    this job on the link provided below can out damage an Uko WAR with the right setup and weapons...not to mention the skill of the player!
    even with a B+ dagger skill ! DNC>THF by far lol it doesnt need anything really!

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/27...-for-a-new-age
    (0)
    ...❄(Blade:Ku)❄... ★Arabic★English★French★Hebrew★Turkish★

DNC>THF by far lol it doesnt need anything really!
    At what? not being invited to anything?

Ha!

No really, we're both fked in this game, THF and DNC... Good for soloing Dynamis though !
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-10-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    DNC does more damage than a THF, but THF is more useful.

DNC has no desirable role in current group content.
    (1)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    they don't?
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Unless you're talking about duoing or trioing as grouping, we don't. Dancer used to have two primary uses:
    1) Help DDs hit the delay cap without Soul Voice
    2) Take much of the healing burden off jobs with Cure through Waltz III spam in 6 man parties, thus eliminating the need for a healer.

The increase in sources of magic Haste (like March potency and Marcato) have severely eroded our first usefulness for 6-man parties. The increase in sources of Refresh (like increased Ballad Potency, Refresh II, Ballad III, all the Refresh equipment released lately, etc.) coupled with the Cure boost, WHM AF3+2 pants, etc. have severely eroded our old healing advantage.

The thing is, we could still claim some legitimacy if there were any 6-man events still where everyone fights the same monster. However, there aren't. Samba doesn't go cross alliance and Dancer's form of healing doesn't really keep up in Voidwatch or Legion, where people either take 0 damage or 1000+ damage (and have Temp Items for either case).

I have pretty decent Dancer gear and feel I know the job fairly well, but I have other jobs too. I know people are just humoring me when they ask me to come Dancer to an event. It's too bad that Dancer, which had a pretty cool level 75 playstyle, has become a Dynamis lowman job only.
    (4)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast