Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Suph View Post
    To participate in the Nomad Mog Bonanza, you pick 1 number from 00000 to 99999, which is a 1 in 100000 chance of winning. Unless everyone that attend Vanafest collude to pick a different number, to even have a 50% chance that anyone will win rank 1 at all require about 70000 people to have attended Vanafest (0.99999^70000 = 0.49 chance of no one winning).

Do you think 70000 people attended Vanafest? Even if they did, the chance there is of anyone winning at all is 50%.
    Exactly! As such the prize was of better quality compared to the NA and EU one as the probability is nobody would have got rank 1.

Whereas NA and EU it is a guaranteed winner/s.
    (4)

Character
    Hekuteku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    To participate in the Nomad Mog Bonanza, you pick 1 number from 00000 to 99999, which is a 1 in 100000 chance of winning. Unless everyone that attend Vanafest collude to pick a different number, to even have a 50% chance that anyone will win rank 1 at all require about 70000 people to have attended Vanafest (0.99999^70000 = 0.49 chance of no one winning).

Do you think 70000 people attended Vanafest? Even if they did, the chance there is of anyone winning at all is 50%.
    You didn't need to attend vanafest to register your number you registered it on the Japanese vanafest website much like the nomad mog bonanza years ago. You just needed a Japanese SE account to do it.
    (2)

Character
    Xaander
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I would much rather have the version that the JP players get. It wouldn't be a problem for me if the NA/ EU players and the JP players both had the Gobbie Giveaway. SE can sit there and tell me that separate but equal is fair till they are blue in the face, but I don't eat all the crap they try to feed me.
    (3)
    Last edited by Xaander; 06-27-2012 at 09:54 AM.

in before lock!

since se feels these threads are attacks it goes along with my point below

recent changes in se with regards to alot of things lately have seemed almost xenophobic
    (0)

Player
    Do you honestly believe SE would seriously create more work for themselve by holding 2 seperate events, when one would suffice? If it was possible for us to participate in the Nomad Mog Bonanza, they would have let us and save themselve a lot of work and trouble.

Beside, for me personally, i prefer the odd of winning on our side of the event. Even if the whole player base (assumming, though unlikely, that it's still 350000) participated in the Nomad Mog Bonanza, probablility still predict a 0.03 chance no one won Rank 1.

Individually, no matter how many people else participate, the chance to win Rank 1 in NMB is still 0.00001, for the GBG, unless there are 100000+ player with Unique SE Account participating, our chance are definitely better.

For Rank 2, their chance is always 0.0001, our is 250 in maybe 100000 participants (and I strongly doubts it would be that high) which is a 0.0025 chance, 25 times higher than their side.
    (2)

Character
    Arbole
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Every single time they hold a bonanza, there have been multiple winners across servers of the highest tier prize. At least that's what I've noticed whenever I participated.
    (0)

Player
    Mog Bonanza = Each Character can buy 10 Marble, up to 160 Marble per FFXI account.

Nomad Mog Bonanza = Each SE account can pick 1 Marble
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Mog Bonanza = Each Character can buy 10 Marble, up to 160 Marble per FFXI account.

Nomad Mog Bonanza = Each SE account can pick 1 Marble
    May as well bang your head against the wall, these people are doing to SE and the Japanese exactly what they claim SE is doing to the NA/EU..
    (1)

Character
    Bechyne
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    All we're doing is asking for the same prizes. Who cares if there is one guaranteed winner for ours when the rank one prizes are far better in the JP bonanza.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Habu View Post
    All we're doing is asking for the same prizes. Who cares if there is one guaranteed winner for ours when the rank one prizes are far better in the JP bonanza.
    Well it's physically impossible, they are NOT allowed to put a gambling method in the game for NA or EU therefore they have NO way of doing it so you could win, or you couldn't. So in turn they did a way someone WILL win and adjusted the prizes to match that.

Don't like it, don't do the survey.
    (3)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast