Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: New Black Belt

Character
    Snozeberry
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It would need to be better than the windbuffet belt for most to even consider it, and gear haste that doesn't go over the cap isn't going to do that.
    (1)

Player
    With all of the Haste gear we have now with insane stats to the point of being able to cap without any sacrifice at all off of just base gear, this belt has next to no hope of being useful once they update it really. They have to do something to make it worth while like Martial Arts, DA/TA/QA, a special bonus only it provides, or something else, because at this point Black Belt is completely worthless so far as I know(can cap Haste in a PDT Hybrid set without it even so far as I know) which is sad. At a time this belt sounded really nice, now, it seems like its only a lost cause because unless SE completely overpowers it, or redesigns its stats completely, it wont matter.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    So basically anyone who has a black belt and has spent 5 minutes at the AH then yeah? okay.
    5 mins at the AH doesn't buy you a spot into legion... or put you into anyspot to fight delve monsters.. yep real powerhouses by skilled players standards..
    (0)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Haste dosn matter anymore

Material Arts
    Counter
    Kick Attack's
    Guard
    Physical dmg-
    Stats

i would like to see lots of these stats get added to our new BB
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsgott View Post
    Haste dosn matter anymore

Material Arts
    Counter
    Kick Attack's
    Guard
    Physical dmg-
    Stats

i would like to see lots of these stats get added to our new BB
    The sad thing is, so far as I know, all of those stats are useless in high buff situations/against most deadly targets, or unlikely.

Martial Arts isn't bad, but it effects the delay reduction cap, which means in any situation your getting a lot of buffs that's not really doing anything.

Counter is bad for the same reason, Counter is cool and all but since a great deal of mobs use TP moves as normal attacks, even normal mobs like Mata types and Mantis types, so giving more of that would be nice but it would become worthless against most hard targets anyways.

Kick Attacks from what I am told are also very weak now by compare to punches, so much so that the stat on Black Belt wouldn't do much either anyways, however if I'm wrong then obviously it has a place, but I don't know.

Guard has the same issue as counter, any TP-only mob would hit right through it I believe, that and I think it has a crap low cap rate, like 20%.

PDT, sounds nice, but again, we can cap PDT, or at least nearly cap it, with Oatixur, the Otronif Set with augments, Wiglen Gorget, Darkness Earrings, Dark/Defending Ring/s, and Shadow Mantle. While your talking about a lot of hard to get things, specific augments on Otronif, Oatixur, and Dring, you have to think that the new Black Belt will be hard to get too, possibly something like trading in the KI for all Delve Bosses or some such, not an easy task itself. If so, people would be more likely to take this path I would think, since you would end up walking away with more Defense, and thus, less damage taken most likely anyways, but that also depends on future gear so nothing is set in stone.

Stats are possible, but its unlikely to see it come anywhere near the gear if that's what you mean, since Stats like STR & DEX are only inflated to match item levels, and no accessories have item levels, to make BB have something like +20 everything would be like I said above, completely overpowered.
    (0)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 08-29-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I get your point and you ar right....
    but i was focusing on the usually MNK stats which just died after SoA
    (0)

Character
    Thereaper
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    maybe it will follow the geometric progression of 16% haste 12 str, etc etc but with the addendim that the haste on it specifically breaks the gear haste cap? like how aegis breaks the mdt cap, burtgang breaks the pdt cap and spharai breaks the counter cap? although, 16% gear haste above the 25% cap might be OP considering the somewhat exponential growth haste has... then again, depending on the difficulty to acquire it might be appropriate, and windbuffet would still be theoretically better with HF up unless it breaks the 80% delay reduction cap as well... or had some other new stats on it
    (0)

Character
    Thereaper
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Guard has the same issue as counter, any TP-only mob would hit right through it I believe, that and I think it has a crap low cap rate, like 20%.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6orP8M_nG8
    (0)

Player
    I stand corrected, Guard seems like a viable thing, though the skill would have to be a lot so it actually makes a difference on guard rate against higher level targets, since I assume it works under a similar principal as Evasion or Parry, where on high level targets they almost never go off.
    (1)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I stand corrected, Guard seems like a viable thing, though the skill would have to be a lot so it actually makes a difference on guard rate against higher level targets, since I assume it works under a similar principal as Evasion or Parry, where on high level targets they almost never go off.
    I guess thats where oat makes the difference you know?
    oat + capped guard = 649
    (0)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast