Thread: RIP RDM

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Because a job is not asked for, it is useless. Excellent we have some more geniuses in here tell us the definition of what it means for a job to be dead in video game terms.

It can still be played and be useful, but hey because no one shouts for one, they must be non existent.
    Because the last time a PLD asked for Refresh was how long ago?

Oh wait yeah Phalnax II for the tanks.... shit PLD can cast it now.

It's a job that went from being one of the most in demand jobs circa 2004/2006 to a job that is flat out worthless now outside of the bitter amusement from those who still cling to the false hope that SE will do something to make it stand out like it used to.

I would have thought this would have sunk into more people's heads after the last annoucement regarding RDM's new.... and pretty much worthless JA.

It was a fun ride but thankfully my other main job is still viable for stuff outside of Dynamis.
    (3)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I believe that rdm can still have a nitch as an enfeebler they just need to give rdm enfeebles that are worth a damn and that cripple the mob.

What enfeebles we currently have that cripple the mobs:
    Silence, Sleep, Bind, Blind, Paralyze, Dia III and Bio III(not really enfeebles), Addle, Gravity ( I know I am missing something)

So going over the enfeebles: We have ways to hinder the mobs spells(silence and addle), and attacks(everything else). What we are lacking are enfeebles that hinder a mobs tp moves, this is the real killer. Thus I propose this:
    Give rdm Amnesia and Stop and/or Terror. Now everyone will say oh thats to overpowered blah blah blah. SMN gets 60 seconds of invincibility and an instant death move(doesn't work on NMs I know). Blu gets a 15 second terrorize on a 5 min timer. Technically they could terror lock something for 60 seconds with their new 2hr. All that is important is how these enfeebles are implemented.

For instance: Amnesia - sticks well on normal monsters, make its last 60 seconds max, most normal monsters die in 5 seconds anyway. It should be able to stick well on normal NMs and lower lvl HNMs but grow in resistance fast. For High lvl HNMs, like chamber of Mul, it should be extremely resistant. People will say oh but this is then useless. I will explain why it is useful later.

Terror - Should be a glorified dark based stun that can last as long as shock squall. Shock squall is still better because its AoE and thats fine. Give the smns some sort of niche XD. It should stick well on normal monsters and NMs, should stick also moderatly well on HNMs with a very good enfeebling build(makes rdms have a reason to pimp out their enfeebling). I see nothing wrong with this because it will operate the same as shock squall. Perhaps make HNMS have a shorter duration of terror max, like 7 seconds instead of 15. Balance and all that jazzz.

Stop - Should only be able to use this under RDM's new enfeebling 2hr. This new 2hr guarantees an enfeeble will land regardless of resistance.(If the mob is immune it should make it land as well >.>, it is a 2hr....well soon to be 1hr... after all. This also where amnesia gets it usefulness on HNMs. If for some reason you needed an HNM to keep moving and casting but not do TP moves. Like a kite fight or something, or something where the mob changes damage types when it casts etc) So basically stop will be the end all be all enfeeble for rdm(I gave up hope on time mage q.q). If you think about it combines all other enfeebles. Enfeebles are meant to hinder the mob in any way shape and form, Stop is the epitome of that.This ability should last a good 30 to 60 seconds, preferably 60 because that is how long PD will cap close too on a fully decked out smn. Actually you can have duration be based on enfeebling magic skill. More incentive to gear rdm the best as possible.

As an aside, a new enfeeble I just thought up:
    Phase - prevents and enemy from changing their "stance" (IE: Amphatrite and Lusca with their damage type changing BS). When this is on the mob it will prevent one occurence of stance change and then wear off. Keep it on a long timer like 2 mins so it can't be abused. Also forces more bringing of rdms if you want to use this for strategy.

Edit: As I was writing the phase enfeeble i forgot to mention that Stop should hinder stance changes as well. The mob should literally be frozen in time. The reason I say this is because countless times when thigns were red staggered in Abyssea they would still change their damage type resistances even though they weren't actually doing anything... soo annoying.

Edit 2: New enfeeble
    Name pending - Nullifies an enemies Physical and magical resistances for 60 seconds. (IE botulus,slimes, etc) This should also be on the 2hr. You should have to choose between nullifying the offensive or defense capabilities of a mob. Also, they should not be stackable.

TLDR - Give RDM the enfeebles it deserves!

Edit 3: Holly Hell Grammar errors, My typing fails
    (5)
    Last edited by Pebe; 11-24-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    make moss less squishy so you need debuffs
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

@ Pebe

I'm on board with all you listed, although I think at best we could hope for an either/or on Stop or Terror. I also think a castable Plague wouldn't be out of the question. Granted, with mob TP gain rates-especially in todays "Zerg or GTFO" strategy world Plague might be a bit underwhelming, not to mention SE would probably nerf the player version to something like the strength of Break, i.e. a spell that is only useful for proccing magic in neo-Dynamis.

Still, way to brainstorm man, keep it up. If they ever actually make enfeebs useful again you might just have given rdm a breath of life if SE uses any of your ideas.
    (1)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I wouldn't say paralyze cripples a mob, 90% of the time it doesn't even proc before it wears off. Unlike a mobs version.
    (0)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Are you sure Calatilla? What are you using it on. With a full mind/enfeebling potency build it should proc a good amount from my experience. Are you sure you are not using it on things like Botulus, ig alima, hapries, mantises etc whose regular attacks count as tp moves? That would be the reason you are not seeing a lot of procs, all their melee swings are tp moves. So the only thing paralyze can proc on on those mobs is spells...so paralyze kind of acts like the silence because most are highly resistant/immune to silence... its stupid. Although immunobreak does help that.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebe View Post
    Are you sure Calatilla? What are you using it on. With a full mind/enfeebling potency build it should proc a good amount from my experience. Are you sure you are not using it on things like Botulus, ig alima, hapries, mantises etc whose regular attacks count as tp moves? That would be the reason you are not seeing a lot of procs, all their melee swings are tp moves. So the only thing paralyze can proc on on those mobs is spells...so paralyze kind of acts like the silence because most are highly resistant/immune to silence... its stupid. Although immunobreak does help that.
    Most NM's have flat paralyze effect reduction outside of the dMND calculation. Saboteur Para II might get some effects but that only stops it's attack rounds not it's super aoe death moves. Its in the same category as Slow, fine on paper until you realize that the threat comes from their special moves and unblockable fast cast magic.

Plague won't mean sh!t on a NM. With more then two people hitting it the monster is getting 100Tp every few seconds, reducing it by a bit won't change anything. Monster TP moves are limited by it's AI's and whatever timer it's set to. Silence and Sleep will never be allowed to land, neither will Gravity nor bind (newer NMs). This is cause a bunch of RDM's went around soloing everything and posting youtube videos which in turn got the devs really REALLY pissed off.

Your best bet is for enfeebled that reduce the monsters base stats, things like Def Down, Magic Acc Down, Magic Attack Down, Attack Down, Critical Hit Down and even TP inhibition. Those are fairly straightforward and can be fit into many strategies without becoming overpowered. Remember anything remotely OP gets the entire job hit with a sledge hammer.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebe View Post
    I believe that rdm can still have a nitch as an enfeebler they just need to give rdm enfeebles that are worth a damn and that cripple the mob.

What enfeebles we currently have that cripple the mobs:
    Silence, Sleep, Bind, Blind, Paralyze, Dia III and Bio III(not really enfeebles), Addle, Gravity ( I know I am missing something)
    You are missing slow, poison and break.

I've been trying to say most of what your saying. I've explained this before. It seems SE wants to keep the enfeebles weak so they aren't one man armies. They can't figure out boosting the RDM's current capabilities by linking them to the number of party/alliance these issues wouldn't exist solo/low man. It would beef the job up for alliances and still have balance.

No they're waiting to introduce GEO/RDM pair like the new SCH and SMN where paired up. Apparently RDM will be viable again when paired with a GEO. It'll be nice for a few months maybe a year to grab players attention then SE will nerf the crap out of it like they're doing with SMN and SCH.

The developers did say something about weakening SCH and SMN to balance changes for the new jobs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 11-24-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

9. 12-25-2012 07:20 PM
    Reason
    Meh.. month old thread.. didn't notice

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13