Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP RDM

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Im wondering what exactly ppl expected when they all started complaining about wanting new jobs. With 20 jobs out their already, it would be nearly impossible to create another new job that doesnt step on someones toes heavily.
    (4)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Exactly Godofgods, there was nearly no way for them to do it in a way to make it completely unique.

As for the "Dropping resistance entirely" you know how easily square puts their foot in their mouth, and going by all the other talk about it they were doing, im pretty sure its more akin to their plans to "Make it nigh-impossible for a monster to be totally immune to enfeebling effects, except situations where elemental resistances take priority (such as avatars)" not making every spell acting like dia. As for making GEO+SCH/WHM/BLM/ECT nearly as effective at double stacking enfeebles, i call hogwash on this. Situations where you may want to do this that id imagine would be similar to 2hour zergs, where you are fighting big big things that you dont want to act as much. In which situation, then you should certainly take a RDM because Saboteur SlowII or ParaII + aura slow/para will certainly be much more effective. But this is all a moot point because we were never taken to anything solely to enfeeble things, and i doubt we ever will be taken for just enfeebling.

Now looking to old events, how many times do you see sch be taken en-masse to voidwatch as a spacefiller? On my server atleast i usually see 2-3 rdms over 2-3 scholars for voidwatch. For dynamis, sure, thf can kill faster solo, blu can do more damage, bst is no question the king of dynamis, and ADL is just huge. But here we have an event where mp efficiency is more important for these lowman runs for coin farms, a event where temps arent being dropped every ten seconds, and while i tend to go NIN/DNC when solo, or occasionally MNK/DNC, i have gone RDM and gotten pretty close to my NIN's kill rate output. And what blu doesnt love some free Refresh II? Every time ive gone blu/dnc, even using 30-50 mp spells, with refresh idle gear, i find my stamina somewhat lacking at times.

For Limbus lowman, same deal, no instantly replenished mp every minute so this is useful on a lowman setup. Works well in old nyzul, for many of the same reasons. Einherjar i regularly go melee for rdm and a few times have been tanking the bosses for wings 2/3 over other jobs like mnks and such. No im not listing parses, the self-satisfaction i get from doing it makes me content enough. Rdm is great for lowman as it stands, and i have been asked to come it to atleast 3 events since monday. And this is with the leader knowing i have MNK/WHM/BLM/RDM/DRK/BRD/RNG/SMN/NIN/BLU/SCH all 99 with mostly +2 gear and other goodies for each.

Would i take and like more for rdm across the board? You better believe it, but i still cant see two new jobs being the straw that broke the cammel's back. If anything i see them promoting bring rdm more often. But neither of us are gonna convince eachother otherwise. But these jobs dont scare me, enrage me, or upset me. They are no threat to my rdm life and hell theres still rdms running around doing amazing things in and out of parties, it just means less cause nobody is watching it being done and throwing a hissyfit.

We will have agree to dissagree but i seriously cant see an entire expansion being added without any jobs being added, and i dont see an expansion as being evidence that they are choosing to ignore rdm specifically. Theres a lot of jobs that dont get tons of attention as of late and i dont feel rdm is a special case of this.
    (0)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm happy about the new job's and the fact that there be using a lot of the same idea's that we have been talking about on the RDM forum's since most of us got here.

As for RDM, well....... IDK. It is what it is I guess.
    (2)

Greetings everyone! I have finally returned from Japan and somehow managed to avert jet lag this time (I hope...).

As far as party support goes for geomancer, you can imagine it to be somewhat like the roles for bard and corsair. We would like players to utilize geomancy in conjunction with currently existing spells/songs/roles so that each effect supports the party more and more.

Also, there are some players who are concerned that by having enfeebles that are not resisted, red mage and other enfeebling magic will be useless moving forward. This is by no means the case since the development team is planning to make geomancy and currently existing enfeebling spells stackable. Instead of worrying about which one to use, players are encouraged to use them together to create a more powerful effect.

Additionally, in exchange for geomancers possessing an advantageous field that cannot be resisted, the effects themselves will be weaker than the effects of enfeebling spells from red mages and other jobs.
    (28)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Welcome back Ca-ma-te (and Bayohne!)
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Also, there are some players who are concerned that by having enfeebles that are not resisted, red mage and other enfeebling magic will be useless moving forward. This is by no means the case since the development team is planning to make geomancy and currently existing enfeebling spells stackable. Instead of worrying about which one to use, players are encouraged to use them together to create a more powerful effect.
    Pining Nocturne says hello.
    (11)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    The more you know~
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings everyone! I have finally returned from Japan and somehow managed to avert jet lag this time (I hope...).

As far as party support goes for geomancer, you can imagine it to be somewhat like the roles for bard and corsair. We would like players to utilize geomancy in conjunction with currently existing spells/songs/roles so that each effect supports the party more and more.

Additionally, in exchange for geomancers possessing an advantageous field that cannot be resisted, the effects themselves will be weaker than the effects of enfeebling spells from red mages and other jobs.
    The main problem is that currently Red Mage is a waste of a party slot when enfeebles are either 100% resisted, spotty to land at best, or even easy to land. Why have a job that really cannot contribute anything of value beyond slightly more powerful enfeebles than jobs that are actually useful for fights? Fully merited Slow II with capped dMND is 39% slow (35% for 1 merit) compared to Slow I with capped dMND at 29%. (Especially when paired with 50% slow from Carnage Elegy.) Dia III is 15% defense down compared to Dia II with 10% defense down. Paralyze II can't even be compared to Paralyze I because they are so random. Blind II is... a waste of merits. None of these are worth another DD or BLM. Or a Geo when it comes out because they will be able to land their enfeebles that stack with the enfeebles that a WHM, BLM, or SCH can cast that are only slightly less potent than what a RDM can cast.

If the Development team wants Red Mage to be not in the trash pile, they are going to have to give Red Mage spells that are useful for how the game is played now- mainly enfeebles that deal with the horrendous TP moves that mobs hand out like beads at Mardi Gras. Enfeebles that reduce the power of TP moves, negate Auto Regain, lower mob Store TP, Amnesia, Paralyze-type effect for TP moves, Plague, removes additional effects (looking at you death and doom) from TP moves, etc. This would be a very good way to make Red Mage a viable and wanted job again, filling a unique niche that no other job fills.

(I fully expect all of these ideas to be added to Rune Knight.)
    (17)

Character
    Lilia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    hope....

but was is the most party form?
    tank(mnk,nin,war),dds,1-2 buffer(cor and brd/whm, maybe later geo) and 1 whm or sch

i dont see the space for a rdm more, that have start with haste,cure4 from bard-
    and when geo can buff and stack geospell and enfeebling and heal from sub- for what you need rdm?

is here rly 1 partyldr who can 100% say he want a rdm in party for a cor,brd or dd?

But bk to my startpost.
    Is nice to see any good suggestion from rdm com. become other or new jobs....
    -a ja for single spells turn in aeo spell > sch, blu
    -a spere effect spell > geo
    -a spell strength your off. > sounds like faith and might> rnf
    - and...
    (2)

Character
    Dragoonkiller
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    How about some new unique enfeebles you arent going to be giving to other jobs, so your going to give paralyze and slow to geomancer, what does that leave us with blind and addle? yippee, there are dozens of ideas strewn across the red mage forums how about you use some of that feedback you asked for and give the player what they want!
    (4)

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast