Character
    Lilia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

RIP RDM

before the event i was rly hopeful, but now..... T.T

So much good ideas and become rdm only one? no alltime other (new) jobs.
    RLY SE for what you want rdm?

Geo and RFN is the last coffinnail for the rdm
    (4)

Player
    I didn't understand a word of that, but I assume you're complaining about Geomancer and Rune Fencer totally infringing on our turf and making RDM even more obsolete than it already was, in which case I agree wholeheartedly.
    (18)

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    RIP Rdm, I spent a lot of hours when I started this game years ago getting my Rdm to be all that it could be, now it hasn't been out of the MH since Abyssea started except to level up to 99. I don't understand why they have done this to us. I wish they would just tell us why. I see new people who have just started the game talking about how much they love Rdm and not realizing that once you get to end game you are not wanted, except when you are with friends, its not fair to them. All that time spend leveling a first job.../cry.
    (3)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Sadly I have barely touched RDM, and soon I'll have an even better reason not to with GEO and RFN around.

RIP RDM. You were my pride and joy for a good while, but now I've moved on to DRK, and soon GEO. Maybe RFN too if things look right for me.
    (2)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    According to live feed speculations, Rune Fencer (more likely rune knight) Will not be as much a melee-mage as much as a magic tank, and its "En-Effects" could be misinterperited. Way it seems Geo is BLM+BRD sorta, a debuffer and nuker (on tier with us for nukes, sporting T4 nukes) and Rune Fencer seems to be more a JA popper (via strategem like charges as far as i gather) rather than a spell caster, but i could be wrong. In either even neither have native healing spells. While it is disheartening, im not too worried.

Oh no, someone can enfeeb like us, not like WHM/BRD/BLM/SCH/BLU/COR/NIN could do that.
    Oh no, someone can nuke like us, not like theres jobs that do that.
    Oh look, drk and pld have enspells, it is the end of days!
    Oh dear, Runefencer is around (which name makes it seem dangerous to us BUT) Im sure they will be the death of us.

Sub rdm gave convert, refresh, fastcast, cure IV, stoneskin, phalanx, aquaveil, blink, yet theres still rdms around. Not to mention, whos gonna take a hybrid buffer GEO over a COR and BLM? Well we cant say they wont be used but leaked info doesnt say look well. And unless RuneFencer absorbs magic damage taken to heal, i doubt it will replace pld as a tank. So like i said, im not worried.
    (3)
    Last edited by Crimson_Slasher; 06-25-2012 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Add more thought.

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It's been dead for a <<Long time>>
    (11)

Player
    GEO is getting Elemental Magic up to Tier 4 and they have higher skill than us (B-). Additionally they get AoE sphere aura buffs and debuffs, something the developers told RDM a few months ago that platers would never get because sphere effects would be too strong.
    (8)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    It's been dead for a <<Long time>>
    RDM was like a vampire. Sure, it was dead. It was undead. And people were still in fear when they saw one. (Normally, the fear was something like "omg, that guy still thinks RDM is relevant! Run away!"

This expansion just serves as the proverbial wooden stake.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Elgorian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    whos gonna take a hybrid buffer GEO over a COR and BLM?
    Well, if stuff continues to be the ZergFest that it is, GEO will easily replace BLM if the buffs will stack with COR and BRD. Outside of VW for procs, how often do you actually use BLM anyway?
    (7)
    Jobs: MNK99 PLD99 WHM99 BLM99

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    My point is more that a cor is already a hybrid buffer that can inflict magic damage. And i actually use BLM quite a bit in various events, though i wont bother listing them because then the argument of "thats old content and doesnt count" comes up. The problem though is why take a geomancer for anything more than its buffs? And you have to hope its buffs are worth using. As for the skill rating, B- vs what? C+? Its not a huge gap and lacks native fastcast. So rdm will still be as good if not better as a nuker. Or are all the dnc just not as good as thf with them because their skill is one rank down? Lets face it, while these jobs will take some of the things people make rdm do, they arent taking everything, and even the things they do take, theres no evidence they will do it all better anyway. And they still lack heals in either event (atleast as been stated so far.)

But im sure we can assume the magic tank class, and the nuking buffer are out to hurt rdm most, not like there will be competition between GEO/SMN/BRD/COR or Between PLD/RNF right? Look deeper than the surface people. Even if rdm isnt relevent in content it doesnt mean it has been replaced. We just havent had events that cater to our abilities anymore. Id like more for rdm, but you guys are assuming it wont just be LOLGEO and LOLRNF upon launch.

So fret, panic, and throw tantrums if you like but im not worried about the skill difference, or the fact another job gets enspells.
    (4)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast