Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: BYE TANAKA!

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    I don't like what he did with XI and XIV, but he worked on some of the best single-player RPGs of all time. So, I hope he gets back on that and stays away from online games. He directed the DS remake of FFIII which was great, and was a producer on loads of great games I'm sure you're all fond of: Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Secret of Mana. Oh, and he was a programmer on one of my favorite games of all time: Final Fantasy Legend II (SaGa II in Japan).

So even though I think his policies were bad for XI and XIV, I wouldn't go so far as to condemn him entirely. He's done good work, but online games just aren't his thing and it's taken too long for SE to realize that.
    (19)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    so the guy to replace him is Matsui. Isn't he the guy in charge of XIV atm, who is responsible for the remains of tanakardization over there (relic weapons, world NMs, bad drop rates, bad UI, grind etc). Lets not get the hopes to high.
    (4)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    so the guy to replace him is Matsui. Isn't he the guy in charge of XIV atm, who is responsible for the remains of tanakardization over there (relic weapons, world NMs, bad drop rates, bad UI, grind etc). Lets not get the hopes to high.
    He went to FFXIV after it flopped to do damage control. Don't associate him with the flub that was FFXIV. He also was an underling in Tanaka's FFXI, so he's already familiar with both. Also, he will be in charge of both XI and XIV until a new head for XIV is appointed.
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    He went to FFXIV after it flopped to do damage control. Don't associate him with the flub that was FFXIV. He also was an underling in Tanaka's FFXI, so he's already familiar with both. Also, he will be in charge of both XI and XIV until a new head for XIV is appointed.
    Wut?
    Naoki Yoshida, better known as Yoshi-P, is in charge of XIV. He's both producer and director. As for XI, it's been Mizuki Ito more or less in charge for a while now.
    (6)

Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Every log and ore I NPC from now on, I'll always remember Tanaka
    (12)

Player
    http://www.famitsu.com/news/201206/24016883.html

ーーなぜ、勇退を決意されたのでしょうか?

田中 じつは難病を患っており、体調的な面もあって、今回の決断をさせていただきました。プレイヤーのみなさんやスタッフに迷惑をかけるわけにもいきませんし、どこかのタイミングでケリをつけなきゃとは思っていたんです。またひとりのクリエイターとして開発現場に戻りたいということもあり、退職をお願いしました。
    Why, what has been decided to retire voluntarily?

Tanaka : Suffering from incurable diseases and Tanaka fact, there also aspects physical condition, I was allowed to make a decision this time. So it does not bother to go to our players and staff, and I have to put a buttoned at the timing is not somewhere I had expected. Sometimes it is you want to go back to development as a creator of one site, and asked to retire also.
    /cheer to you Tanaka San
    (5)
    SMN90 BLM90 WHM90 RDM85 ~ MNK75 PLD75
    Forum Storm FFXI : http://www.storm-linkshell.com/ffxi/index.php5
    Forum Storm FFXIV : http://stormffxiv.monalliance.net/

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    Let's not have a thread to bash him more, there's been enough of them. It was said he was leaving for "health reasons."
    Because even if were not bashing tanaka we are all thinking this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2fQ4d89jXc
    (7)
    Last edited by hideka; 06-24-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Character
    Maxwinterstorm
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    I have just resub to ff11 not because of this but because a new expansion is now set for next year , it is what i wanted to see to make me resub, this a few days after i almost left ff 14 for good so i have decided to give 14 another shot.

The direction the games go in will be if i stick with them or not.
    Not trying say anyone style is better than another just that i know what style of game play i enjoy.

On tanaka, i wish him good health and respect the type of games he makes but they just not what i enjoyed, really i hate to see people in poor health and it would be great if he can recover and his family there for him because thats whats most important.
    (2)

Player
    I didn't agree with some of the decisions Tanaka made (in regards to FFXI and FFXIV) but I had no ill will toward the man. After all, business is simply business. Nothing personal.

That aside, I hope he gets better and enjoys his retirement to the fullest.
    (7)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Am I glad he's going to be gone from XI? Yeah, I am. I don't wish him any pain or suffering though and I'm sure most people don't. We can have it both ways on this. I think most of us can separate the professional from the personal.
    (5)

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast