Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: BYE TANAKA!

Well hopefully with Tanaka retired there's a chance the 1500 HMP requirement is adjusted. Preferably before the new expansion goes live and everyone abandons VW entirely.
    (3)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    they won't change it due to many people having already completed. What could change is more ways to acquire them, which in the end amounts to the same.
    (3)

Character
    Wolfeater
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    they won't change it due to many people having already completed. What could change is more ways to acquire them, which in the end amounts to the same.
    Yea but I don't know if you remember but when relic trials first came about they consisted of an insane amount of kills after slaving away I finally finished them just to have them severely lowered in the near future, they can do anything they want, they have shown this much, honestly they need to fix the Umbral issue, 20m+ a pop is ridiculous I could just make another relic and have them both 95 instead of having one 99 lol
    (6)
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    United States Postal Service Postmaster

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    Well hopefully with Tanaka retired there's a chance the 1500 HMP requirement is adjusted. Preferably before the new expansion goes live and everyone abandons VW entirely.
    Everything in this game is doable. The way to get this is to get an LS that is willing to help one specific member to get the HMPs. If you really wanted to, it could be done in a matter of a month. The only things that really need fixing and balance are stupid events where its a PD + Embrava + Zerg fight. THat is where the balance issues are. When people see soloing as a triuphant feat, they need a new game. When people see an MMORPG as a place to generate a virtual income and base an economy on greed, they need a game. When people see not needing friends and only use them as tissue paper, they need a new game. This game isn't hard. Its just full of lazy, greedy, stupid people.
    (3)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayomi View Post
    Yea but I don't know if you remember but when relic trials first came about they consisted of an insane amount of kills after slaving away I finally finished them just to have them severely lowered in the near future, they can do anything they want, they have shown this much, honestly they need to fix the Umbral issue, 20m+ a pop is ridiculous I could just make another relic and have them both 95 instead of having one 99 lol
    umbral marrow prices have diminished tremendously, due to demand droping. 20m a pop you're being cheated. on quetz they are 18m+ in bazar but do not sell for that price.
    (1)

Character
    Brians
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 12
    Tanaka gets so much UNDESERVED hate it's unbelievable.

If not for him there wouldn't have been a FFXI. You also have him to thank for getting us Seekers of Adoulin. Hindsight tells a different story. People were hating on the lack of content to VW and Legion and such, Tanaka gets the blame and is called shit all throughout, while this whole time they've been working on a relatively large expansion with all original areas, new enemies, new jobs, new gameplay, new guilds, etc. in secret. I guess he just grinned and took it like a man, since it seems the devs actually do like to participate in the community when no one's watching and I doubt he missed the massive shitstorm of hate and whining. He apparently loved FFXI.

Then come vana'fest, the man looked pretty damn ill. Seriously, look at a pic from a year ago or so, then watch his vana'fest footage. I was talking about it with my friend and wife, and at the end he retired due to "health problems".

Thank you very much Mr. Tanaka.
    (27)

I will pray for his speedy recovery on his health issue. In the corporate world, resignation due to "Health Issues" has been used and abused far too often, but we can never really imagine what challenges maybe facing. Mr. Tanaka, I "/solute" you on being a great innovator and producer/director some of SE's great single player games. Big shout out on Chrono Cross (I wish a direct sequel was made) Final Fantasy III & Final Fantasy Legends II. I am sure he has one heck of a demanding position with the company and at sometimes probably felt like it was overbearing. But, I give you thumbs up for stepping to the plate and trying to make a difference on FFXIV & FFXI. I say use that energy you have, Tanaka, and look into doing remakes and sequels to the games that in demand for the Chrono series and Final Fantasy franchise.
    (5)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Thanks to Mr. Tanaka for his service to Square since 1983. I didn't always agree with his design choices, but cannot deny his love for video games and contributions over the past 30 years. He was the driving force behind a lot of great single player games, and helped shape FFXI which has been around and much loved for 10 years. I wish him the best in his retirement and long happy life for his remaining years. He did look sick at the vanafest and hope retirement will agree with him.
    (13)

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'd like to mention that you guys are being ungrateful to an generous extent. The man did help make the Final Fantasy franchise what it was on the Final Fantasy VII days. Now, if you want to target someone for the games doing poorly, target the CEO Yoichi Wada. -_-;
    (6)

Character
    Gaspee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    Thanks to Mr. Tanaka for his service to Square since 1983. I didn't always agree with his design choices, but cannot deny his love for video games and contributions over the past 30 years. He was the driving force behind a lot of great single player games, and helped shape FFXI which has been around and much loved for 10 years. I wish him the best in his retirement and long happy life for his remaining years. He did look sick at the vanafest and hope retirement will agree with him.
    Completely agree. I wish him well.
    (4)

A big thanks to Kingfury for my signature!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast