Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    you've just been lucky. Some people like Jeanna above have everything set up perfectly... should work, doesn't for some unknown reason. It's bizarre and its the reason why they should put paypal back.
    I'm aware of this error happening for no apparent reason, it happened to me when XIV's ftp period was over. SE blamed the bank, the bank blamed SE, I resorted to prepaid game cards, emailed SE a photo of my Visa, nothing was resolved. Quit XIV and came back to XI and used the same damn Visa to reactivate my XI account without any issues whatsoever. SE really needs to fix this asap, it's ridiculous the amount of hoops they want us to jump through to be able to pay them.

My previous post was in response to someone apparently claiming you will get this error message if the credit card and the SE account are located in different parts of the world. Like I said, I have used my EU Visa to pay for an NA account (NA SE account too) without any issues for over 2 years.
    (2)
    Last edited by Tamoa; 10-09-2014 at 01:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Ah, understood. So bizarre.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    the bolded part came directly from a globalcollect representative

you're welcome to say it's not universal, but it's certainly a potential cause

my friend couldnt use a prepaid visa that was under my zip code to add crysta, but worked fine when she changed it to the zip code she was currently living in
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Comeatmebro View Post
    the bolded part came directly from a globalcollect representative

you're welcome to say it's not universal, but it's certainly a potential cause

my friend couldnt use a prepaid visa that was under my zip code to add crysta, but worked fine when she changed it to the zip code she was currently living in

It's quite possibly something that can trigger the error message for sure, but it's not guaranteed to. Either way, I think we can all agree that SE needs to fix this ASAP, there are people out there who want to pay and play, but can't, and for no reason whatsoever. They can use their cc to pay for one account, but not a 2nd account. They have used the same cc for a long time and then suddenly it gets rejected. It makes no sense and SE must be the only company I have heard of that makes it so incredibly hard for their customers to pay them.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Player
    Of course, not defending the practice, just sharing the information I'd acquired on it so far.
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4