Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I had it happen last month, and after three attempts I said #### it and went with direct credit to SE.

Kinda annoyed me as I'm paying a couple bucks extra a month via that method.
    You don't get charged the international service Fee anymore, they fixed that
    just be easier to use your debt card or credit card. You have Pay Pal So youhave one or the other I'm assuming.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
    just be easier to use your debt card or credit card. You have Pay Pal So youhave one or the other I'm assuming.
    Don't you think they'd just use the cards if they worked? That's the problem. SE will decline valid cards that work perfectly fine at any other retailer or service provider. They may not like the region the card is from or they may have experienced charge backs from certain banks in the past (even if those charge backs were valid). Trust me this is all on SE, and isn't about user error or paranoia about using their credit cards.
    (3)

Player
    c/p from other thread:

To clarify, their payment system will block your card under any of the following conditions(possibly more):

-Credit card billing address is too far from current location.
    -Credit card billing address isn't in the same country as square enix account.
    -Same credit card is being used in multiple square enix accounts(number where this comes into play is unknown, may actually be a $$ quantity thing)
    -You're on a known VPN or proxy.

If your cards are being rejected under any of these conditions, WAIT. Each time you get rejected your account(not card) gets blocked from purchasing for a set time period. They're very secretive about how long the block lasts, but Byrthnoth had it racked up to a month at some point so it can be extremely long. If you try again before the block expires, you extend it. Let your block expire(guesswork, but if it fails only try once and then go back to waiting) and retry while not meeting any of the above conditions.

The system applying these checks and blocks is globalcollect, not square enix. SE's support will not be able to help you, and globalcollects support isn't willing to work around them.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
    SE is terrible. They error out so many legitimate credit cards. It's a nightmare. Their customer service is terrible. They also charge in US dollars which for my partner's CC means interest starts accruing immediately (meaning she needs to make a mid month payment or pay a bunch of interest) ... whereas paypal works. They never screw me around. They are linked directly to my bank account (not a credit card). They change the cost into Canadian dollars so I am not getting charged unneccesary interest etc.
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    We really need an official SE answer on this issue. For many of us, myself included, it means that we can no longer play FFXI. My debit card is not accepted by SE. Pre-paid debit cards also do not work. PayPal via Ultimate Pay was the only thing that did work, and now it is gone. When the the 10th of this month hits, my subscription will lapse and I will be forcibly disconnected for the last time. I've never done a chargeback. My account has never been hacked. I've never been punished by a GM. I'm in one of their major target markets (North America). There's no reason for this to be happening, but it is.
    (4)

Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Would just like to throw in a reminder to the complete absurdity of this situation.. while UP stopped doing their game cards and points, they kept active their payment system (which included paypal and whatever else) and SE removed those payment options without any sort of previous notice to the customer base. (Or at least nothing I ever saw.. while they might have warned about the game card and points, they never said they were removing UP completely). Again, UP didn't shut down their payment system, SE willingly chose to stop using it. Why they did this without first having a backup in order is way beyond my comprehension.

I still can't use a credit card to pay - including the prepaid one I went out and bought specifically just for this. I've been trying once/24 hours, so it's likely I have a god-freaking-knows-how-long block on my account. Square support can't/won't tell me. I physically went into my bank after calling them the other day just to make sure they weren't blocking any online transactions. They're not.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jeanna; 10-07-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    On a side note, here's Global Collect's CS page :

http://www.globalcollect.com/consume...b1425c#contact

The woman I talked to seemed way more nicer and helpful than SE support is. I've got an email ticket open with them, though tbh I'm not really expecting much to come out of it. We'll see.

Since se support is useless in helping with this, people might wanna try calling or emailing Global Collect directly.
    (0)

Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I really dunno if this is a case of he said/she said, but here's the response I got from Global Collect:

Thank you for contacting GlobalCollect.

GlobalCollect is a Payment Service Provider. A Payment Service Provider handles payments on behalf of other companies.

Please be informed, that these transactions were denied on the end of Square Enix.

Therefore, we've forwarded your request to Square Enix. Square Enix will contact you accordingly.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,
    Ilse,
    Customer Service
    SE really needs to step up to the plate here and take some responsibility/start fixing this BS. Or at least give us a response letting us know if/when this will ever be fixed or if they plan on putting paypal payment back in. 2/3 of my accounts are now out of time and there's no way I'm gonna play the dumb game of "try and guess when your credit card option is unblocked and pray that it actually accepts your cc this time!".

Why do you insist on making it so hard for people to pay/play!?

- My registered SE email matches the email on my bank/credit card to the T.
    - Haven't been able to pay with credit card since about June of this year.
    - The same credit card that's being declined pays for my fiance's FF14 sub no problem.
    - I've gone into my bank and had them look over my account and double check that no online transactions are being denied. They're not.
    - Have the same error on all three of my accounts.
    - I've tried different CC's tied to different banks. None of them worked.
    - Talked with SE support and the best they could do was tell me to try again in 24 hours. I've tried again twice after two 24 hour periods with a pre-paid credit card that a) I know is active and b) has a registered address that matches my SE address. Card does not work. (While this likely means my block is longer than 24 hours, it's very unhelpful not knowing how long that block actually is)
    - I've tried in all all Chrome, Firefox (with addons disable), and IE, as well as on my ipad. Always 401 errors.
    - Was recommened by someone to try calling Global Collect. As seen in email above, they say it's SE's doing.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jeanna; 10-07-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Comeatmebro View Post
    c/p from other thread:

To clarify, their payment system will block your card under any of the following conditions(possibly more):

-Credit card billing address is too far from current location.
    -Credit card billing address isn't in the same country as square enix account.
    -Same credit card is being used in multiple square enix accounts(number where this comes into play is unknown, may actually be a $$ quantity thing)
    -You're on a known VPN or proxy.

If your cards are being rejected under any of these conditions, WAIT. Each time you get rejected your account(not card) gets blocked from purchasing for a set time period. They're very secretive about how long the block lasts, but Byrthnoth had it racked up to a month at some point so it can be extremely long. If you try again before the block expires, you extend it. Let your block expire(guesswork, but if it fails only try once and then go back to waiting) and retry while not meeting any of the above conditions.

The system applying these checks and blocks is globalcollect, not square enix. SE's support will not be able to help you, and globalcollects support isn't willing to work around them.

The bolded part is incorrect. I'm EU with EU Visa and have paid for an NA account for over 2 years without any issues whatsoever.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

10. 10-08-2014 01:06 AM
    Reason
    oops already answered

Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    The bolded part is incorrect. I'm EU with EU Visa and have paid for an NA account for over 2 years without any issues whatsoever.
    you've just been lucky. Some people like Jeanna above have everything set up perfectly... should work, doesn't for some unknown reason. It's bizarre and its the reason why they should put paypal back.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast