Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    Hmm... no official answer listed anywhere, though it seems like it will be business as usual.
    Say, we did get forced to "Upgrade HDD space or be unable to play" etc.

There are people who play on playstation, i am one of them but i do also have this on Xbox 360 as well. What platform people play on should not matter. Remember this is a cross-platform game after all and supports many languages as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anapingofness View Post
    So basically, I'm glad that they're adding new content to the game because they needed it. Mind you, they still have to address the existing problems in regards to old or dead content.

I'm also glad that they're starting to think outside of the box. I'm really looking forward to the new expansion.

However, one thing I don't agree with is their decision not to try and attract brand new players. I feel that this is a critical mistake on SE's part.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=29967
    From the second page of the same write-up

FinalFantasy.de: There is no version of Final Fantasy XI for the PS3. Are there any plans to develop one? In Europe, there are no HDDs available for the PS2.

A: At the moment, there are no plans to develop a PS3 version. They already have the PS2 game, and they plan to continue supporting the PS2. They don't feel it would be the best use of resources to work on the PS3. Unfortunately, Square Enix is not a hardware manufacturer. They would love to release a HDD, but there is nothing they can do.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

~ö~

Just wanted to mention for those who do not know, that it is actually a violation of the User Agreement to even borrow them discs, so this might not be the best place to suggest such means of acquiring the data. ^^;

Not pointing at, or giving the wag of any fingers to anyone!
    Just sayin'~

Not that they enforce the particular rules much, if at all, but yeah, I think it's something good to know.

I do wonder what they will do with the outside of Japan PS2 support, as it would seem like an expansion that indeed warrants physical release, like with Wings of the Goddess for example. Nowadays there are digital options for all those as well, but I don't know if it would be possible for the PS2 in particular...
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Bearstar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    One thing that would be great if that more than one account could be linked to an xbox account. My brother had a xbox mule he deleted and if PS2 dies in america he doesn't want to spend another $50 for a new xbox account to link it to.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bearstar; 06-26-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritreaver View Post
    Okay so from that interview there, PS2 will continue for JP/NA (never had EU release) and there wont be a release for PS3 or PSVita.
    Kinda funny Square would like to release a HDD for EU PS2 players(if i read that right) yet "They don't feel it would be the best use of resources to work on the PS3".
    (0)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    Okay so from that interview there, PS2 will continue for JP/NA (never had EU release) and there wont be a release for PS3 or PSVita.
    Kinda funny Square would like to release a HDD for EU PS2 players(if i read that right) yet "They don't feel it would be the best use of resources to work on the PS3".
    Of course it wouldn't in their opinion. If ppl had a souped up version that was made for PS3, they might not make that jump to XIV when its planned PS3 version hits.

Just me guessing, but the HDD comment was prolly in regards to how Sony handled the HDD everywhere except Japan.
    (0)

Greetings,

I’d like to take a moment to clarify which platform Seekers of Adoulin will be available on for those that have been asking. We will continue to support North American FINAL FANTASY XI players on the PlayStation 2, Xbox 360 and PC (Windows) platforms. However, FINAL FANTASY XI: Seekers of Adoulin will only be available on the Xbox 360 and Windows platforms in North America when it is released in 2013.
    (37)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Bookmarked this thread. Popcorn get.
    (13)

Character
    Anuke
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    Bookmarked this thread. Popcorn get.
    haha, laughing so hard RN.

I'm shocked they are seriously gonna do this.

especially since they giving the ps2 version to jps.
    (2)

Character
    Tsuneo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It's hardly surprising. What retailers carry new PS2 games?
    (10)

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Greetings,

I’d like to take a moment to clarify which platform Seekers of Adoulin will be available on for those that have been asking. We will continue to support North American FINAL FANTASY XI players on the PlayStation 2, Xbox 360 and PC (Windows) platforms. However, FINAL FANTASY XI: Seekers of Adoulin will only be available on the Xbox 360 and Windows platforms in North America when it is released in 2013.
    Just out of curiosity, why will the new expansion not be available on the PS2 for North America? What will be done with customers who only play on the PS2?
    (2)

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast