Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FINAL FANTASY XI® Seekers of Adoulin

Hello!

A couple of questions about this new expansion:
    Will this be released on disc like WoTG (5th expansion).
    Why no mention of Playstation2 support on the site and in the video?
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The japanese version of the website does have PS2 listed as supported. Not sure where the discrepancy comes from.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Most likely they just didn't feel the need to mention it in the trailer since the system is defunct, and anyone who still plays will already know it's on the PS2. Not to mention that it's not like a new player is going to watch it and think "Oh wow, that's on the PS2? I'd better go grab a used one from Gamestop and try to find the hard drive on eBay!" Though, I wouldn't be shocked to find out that they're doing it totally digitally. Not much sense really in making a disc for it.
    (0)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's probably a disc-based expansion, and they probably aren't releasing it for PS2 in the U.S. because it wouldn't be profitable enough.
    (5)

Character
    Saiyd
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 18
    I think I heard last night it was a full disk based expansion. Not to say it won't be digital as well, but there will probably be perks to buying a retail version over a digital copy. Anyway, I don't blame SE for not mentioning PS2 support, partially because I think SE is trying to trim down the number of PS2 players as much as possible. If they can get the number of ps2 players down to a minimum, then maybe they can have an excuse to drop it, and benefit in more expansions in the future.
    (2)

Character
    Gilraen
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 95
    You may lament PS2 support but that happens to be the version I play on. Yeah, I do have a computer that can run the game fine but I already own all the PS2 version disks so why go out and buy a whole other version when I already have a perfectly good install already? I find the lack of a US PS2 release distressing as it does mean I will have to more than just buy the new expansion but also a full PC version as well. I feel like I'm being doubly penalized for a game that I've been supporting for the better part of 7 years. Are you saying I'm that much less a customer for play on the PS2? (Honestly I'm playing on the PS3, but I did play on the PS2 for the years preceding the PS3's release).
    (2)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilraen View Post
    You may lament PS2 support but that happens to be the version I play on. Yeah, I do have a computer that can run the game fine but I already own all the PS2 version disks so why go out and buy a whole other version when I already have a perfectly good install already? I find the lack of a US PS2 release distressing as it does mean I will have to more than just buy the new expansion but also a full PC version as well. I feel like I'm being doubly penalized, here, for a game that I've been supporting for the better part of 7 years. Are you saying I'm that much less a customer for play on the PS2? (Honestly I'm playing on the PS3, but I did play on the PS2 for the years preceding the PS3's release).
    I switched from playing on PS3 to PC, and the only thing I miss is the immersiveness of playing on a TV screen. The graphics are better, you can watch TV while playing FFXI, there's less lag, and there are more options to reduce lag (it's insane that they don't let you turn off weather effects on PS2).
    (6)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

Quote Originally Posted by Gilraen View Post
    I find the lack of a US PS2 release distressing as it does mean I will have to more than just buy the new expansion but also a full PC version as well.
    Would probably make most sense to wait until a cheap-o-collection with everything included in that case. ^^
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Gilraen
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 95
    Last time they did that it was from a download service... oh, wait, they're still offering that on the main site. We'll wait and see how they handle this new expansion.
    (0)

Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    I switched from playing on PS3 to PC, and the only thing I miss is the immersiveness of playing on a TV screen. The graphics are better, you can watch TV while playing FFXI, there's less lag, and there are more options to reduce lag (it's insane that they don't let you turn off weather effects on PS2).
    Why play on a monitor? I have my desktop hooked up to a 42" HDTV with HDMI.
    (4)

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast