Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Player
    who cares what platform it will be on, by the time it comes out the game will be dead. this is far too little too late for ffxi at this point.
    (0)

Character
    Aubinann
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 74
    No it's not! Far from it! I still love this game - I'm looking forward to what I expect to be a pretty hardcore expansion aimed level 99 players - hopefully with some fun content for new players too.

This game has a lot of life left in it. Grounds of Valor particularly has done a good job at getting people back into grouping in low level areas.
    (2)

Using a tv as a monitor wares ou the tv alot faster.
    (1)

Character
    Akutenshi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    People are failing to realize that JP PS2 support and games have just started to decline in the last few years, but not enough to stop them from warranting an expansion for the Japanese. There is still money to be made in Japan so that is why they do it. It's not that they are doing it to be vindictive for NA players. People that think that are just being silly. Japan is like the third or fourth in the amount of users that access the internet. Most people access the internet through mobile phones or PC's. Japanese pretty much only use PC's for school, information, and storing digital pictures. Barely anyone uses PC's for gaming, it's just not part of their culture.

A good amount of Japanese are taught English and they can play western PC games, but if you ever have been to Japan or know lots of Japanese, them playing games such as Mass Effect or new released PC games from big western companies is very rare. I still have many Japanese friends from my time there and we play Diablo 3 together, but besides big named games like that people don't play on PC's very much.

Consoles have been a big part of Japanese culture and will continue to be. There are tons of anime games and stories were still being released for JP PS2 recently and NA releases would never see the light of day. They sell in Japan and don't in the states. That's the bottom line. To take a chance and hope NA players update their hard drives to play an new expansion is a big risk. Anyone can see that. Yeah, it sucks for people that still play on PS2s, but serious Japanese have already done so already so it wouldn't be a big risk in Japan. If you didn't know, there are numerous Japanese games for PS2 with the option to load data on to the hard drives for faster loading. Most Japaneses updated their PS2's solely for this reason years ago.

Instead of localizing the new expansion for PS2, I would much rather have them spend those resources and time on the game itself to make it better. I can still hook up my PS2 and play FFXI, but I don't. I have a much better experience on PC and my Xbox. I have monster component cables for my PS2 to make the graphics look almost as good as my xbox, but honestly people just need to get with the times. At least they did not drop the support completely be thankful for that.

I feel for people that their only means is to play on PS2, but honestly, if you need your car to drive to work and it craps the bed, you either find other means to get to work or get a new car. Especially if you have an old clunker and it isn't worth investing more money into.
    (4)
    Last edited by Akutenshi; 06-29-2012 at 09:43 AM.

And yet if it wasn't coming out for PC many NA players would be in an uproar saying that its not fair that its only coming out for ps2 and xbox...Look the fact of the matter is we don't know if they are doing a downloadable version or not. It's all speculation at this point, they are releasing it only in Japan as a disc format because of the support they have for their consoles, ppl in america have no Idea what its like to live in an area were space is very limited, why do you think the original xbox failed so bad there. I personally prefer to play on console not because its better but to me pc runs to slow, and even when I resize everything I still have frame rate issues( cant get any higher then 10 fps and I have enough pc to run WoW flawlessly)If I truly wanted to play for graphics I'd get FFXIV or Rift but that's not why I play this MMO. I'm not saying they won't ever get rid Of ps2 support but by the time they do the game will be dead and ppl will move on to other MMO's, look at what happened to the original EQ, or UO for that matter, everything dies off after time or ppl get tired of the same crap over and over again. Would i love it to see them re tool the code and make the game better? Yes but that won't happen just like a remake of VII won't happen till just everyone just completely stops playing. If they truly did Optimize it for pc when it came out and only made it for pc then yes I would play it on pc but I cant bring myself to play it when I have less issues on console(even since I switched to 360) and futher more I think people forget that this is a Japanese based company and not an american one, they have a different look on how they handle game content, or for that matter if and when they decide if they want to re-release something.

And besides its still a year away, they might change their mind.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Joslyn View Post
    And yet if it wasn't coming out for PC many NA players would be in an uproar saying that its not fair that its only coming out for ps2 and xbox...
    Well duh, a lot more people play it on PC in NA and EU than they do on PS2/3 and XBOX 360.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Well duh, a lot more people play it on PC in NA and EU than they do on PS2/3 and XBOX 360.
    But that shouldn't mean people who still wish to play on a console should be excluded, thats like saying you cant have the new IOS for your Iphone cause you have a Iphone 4 and not the 4S, look the game is old and on its last legs they could probably keep it going for another 5 years but after this exp i think they will start to wind down and cut back on everything including updates and have people move on to FFXIV or even another game or even make it free to play and that might send even more people away, they should release it to be fair, hell they don't even have to make it availible in a physical store I would be willing to buy it direct from the website so that way they can keep the cost down from producing a bunch that won't sell.
    (1)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Joslyn View Post
    And yet if it wasn't coming out for PC many NA players would be in an uproar saying that its not fair that its only coming out for ps2 and xbox...
    However, since PC > console (at least PC > a decade old piece of crap) they're gonna start dropping PS2. You can still play FFXI on PS2. You just can't slow down progress or hurt the capabilities of yet another expansion by playing on PS2.

Don't worry, JP PS2 support isn't going to last forever either; but in Japan they can do a lot more for PS2 (such as HDD) without having to go through Sony, which means, better cost : profit. It all comes down to cost : profit.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
    Using a tv as a monitor wares ou the tv alot faster.
    LOL you have a regular old Tube TV still?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    However, since PC > console (at least PC > a decade old piece of crap) they're gonna start dropping PS2. You can still play FFXI on PS2. You just can't slow down progress or hurt the capabilities of yet another expansion by playing on PS2.

Don't worry, JP PS2 support isn't going to last forever either; but in Japan they can do a lot more for PS2 (such as HDD) without having to go through Sony, which means, better cost : profit. It all comes down to cost : profit.
    But if its all about profit then FFXIV would not be around, profit is not always the reason to keep something going, and you only make a profit after you make back what you spent in the first place to make said product, even with the declining player base for this game there is still enough ppl that play it to make it profitable since it uses 10+ year old tech, and for that matter they could have updated the game to play and run on current pc's without the hick-ups it has but they choose not too
    (0)

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast