Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
Hmm... no official answer listed anywhere, though it seems like it will be business as usual.
Say, we did get forced to "Upgrade HDD space or be unable to play" etc.

There are people who play on playstation, i am one of them but i do also have this on Xbox 360 as well. What platform people play on should not matter. Remember this is a cross-platform game after all and supports many languages as well.
Quote Originally Posted by Anapingofness View Post
So basically, I'm glad that they're adding new content to the game because they needed it. Mind you, they still have to address the existing problems in regards to old or dead content.

I'm also glad that they're starting to think outside of the box. I'm really looking forward to the new expansion.

However, one thing I don't agree with is their decision not to try and attract brand new players. I feel that this is a critical mistake on SE's part.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=29967
From the second page of the same write-up

FinalFantasy.de: There is no version of Final Fantasy XI for the PS3. Are there any plans to develop one? In Europe, there are no HDDs available for the PS2.

A: At the moment, there are no plans to develop a PS3 version. They already have the PS2 game, and they plan to continue supporting the PS2. They don't feel it would be the best use of resources to work on the PS3. Unfortunately, Square Enix is not a hardware manufacturer. They would love to release a HDD, but there is nothing they can do.