Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Concerning Symphonic Curator.

Could we please have the option to select the Symphonic Curator on the actual Furnishing and not placed by the left side of the Door: Back to Town.
    (3)
    Last edited by Krashport; 01-06-2013 at 08:50 AM.

I have a feeling that they had to add it on a static point of the MH rather than a dynamic one (ie moving to wherever the orchestrion is placed) for a similar reason they werent able to allow us to place our moogles in another position
    (0)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    Could we please have the option to select the Symphonic Curator on the actual Furnishing and not placed by the left side of the Door: Back to Town.
    probably not possible for the same reason moving the moogle isn't possible- it would move for all players every time someone moved their furnishing.

Honestly I think the best option would have been to add a "Change Music" button to the moogle menu.
    (6)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-06-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    yes ive had problems with this device also, not only the mistargeting because its too close to the mog house exit, but also it's not even visible in sandy moghouse, it blends in with the wall texture. At first i couldnt find it to change the music, until i mistargted it upon exiting the first time
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    yes ive had problems with this device also, not only the mistargeting because its too close to the mog house exit, but also it's not even visible in sandy moghouse, it blends in with the wall texture. At first i couldnt find it to change the music, until i mistargted it upon exiting the first time
    I don't think it's just the sandy MH. I have mules in all three nations and I can't see it in any of their houses. I just assumed it was just a targetable point on the wall. Are we supposed to see something?
    (0)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

No.. its designed to be an invisible point on the wall
    (0)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    No.. its designed to be an invisible point on the wall
    Okay I feel better then. I know my PC is crap and I was hoping it wasn't glitching on me because of that.
    (0)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    How about making it so we can use the Symphonic Curator regardless of where in the Mog House were are standing? Or even just allow us to Esc out of the menu when we do mistarget it when trying to leave.
    (2)

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    How about making it so we can use the Symphonic Curator regardless of where in the Mog House were are standing? Or even just allow us to Esc out of the menu when we do mistarget it when trying to leave.
    I think just being able to ESC key out of the curator menu would be helpful. Getting locked into a menu is annoying when it isn't the menu you wanted. I would think it would be easier for them to add the ESC function than moving the curator's location.

I seem to recall the update was delayed due to a critical error that they didn't disclose. I'm starting to think more and more that it had something to do with the Orchestrion and the curator being in the Mog House. I also recall that in another thread asking for a save function on the curator got the response that they will look into but couldn't promise anything due to some kind of weirdness regarding the coding of the Mog House itself.

So my question to the SE staff is how difficult will it be to do any or all of the following:

1. Move the location of the curator
    2. Add an ESC function to the curator menu
    3. Put the curator menu into the moogle menu
    (1)

I dont have an issue with where it is.. but I do find it annoying not being able to hit ESC to quick-ext the menu
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast