Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Seyabr
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Se have lot options to give the Na ps2 players the expansion but they choose not to , they could make download content like abyssea , or even PSN because probally most of the NA ps2 players plays on ps3 anyways
    (1)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Greetings,

I’d like to take a moment to clarify which platform Seekers of Adoulin will be available on for those that have been asking. We will continue to support North American FINAL FANTASY XI players on the PlayStation 2, Xbox 360 and PC (Windows) platforms. However, FINAL FANTASY XI: Seekers of Adoulin will only be available on the Xbox 360 and Windows platforms in North America when it is released in 2013.
    Thanks for the bit of info Bayohne.

I have this followup question though as a FFXI player who utilizes both PC and PS2 platforms: Why did SE decide to even bother with the HDD space increase on PS2s in the NA market in the first place if SoA isn't going to be available for that system?

Personally i wont be effected much by this move, i'll have 2 less instances of FFXI to update in my home. Just trying to get my head around you guys and gals' reasoning here. Despite the the sentiment that is everywhere on this and other FFXI sites, i know plenty of ppl that are solely playing the game on a PS2 or PS2 emulated environment on a PS3. Gonna be sad to see them go when a new expansion hits

Any more info you can share would be great.
    (7)

Character
    Antanias
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Greetings,

I’d like to take a moment to clarify which platform Seekers of Adoulin will be available on for those that have been asking. We will continue to support North American FINAL FANTASY XI players on the PlayStation 2, Xbox 360 and PC (Windows) platforms. However, FINAL FANTASY XI: Seekers of Adoulin will only be available on the Xbox 360 and Windows platforms in North America when it is released in 2013.
    Toga party at my place in 10min, bring the chips!!!
    (6)
    "Tonight on the Vana'diel Report, a poor innocent player lost a valuable 10-15 seconds of their lives by reading Antanias's signature."

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritreaver View Post
    Why did SE decide to even bother with the HDD space increase on PS2s in the NA market in the first place if SoA isn't going to be available for that system?
    I'm not entirely sure about this, but wasn't this a global move? Not just for NA? That's how I remembered it.
    (5)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Erics
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    If this helps you or anybody else, it is possible to obtain gamepads very much like PS2 controllers and the most basic one works well for lots of stuff and very cheap. For ten more bucks, there's a wireless option.

If it's some other part of the "playing stuffs on PC" experience that sucks for you, such as wanting to play on a big TV rather than a small monitor, odds are very good that there's also an affordable way around it. For all the stuff a technology-fearing caveman like me, a guy who actively does not want a facebook account or the ability to check his e-mail with his phone, hates about computers...I like how flexible and cheap a gaming medium a computer can be if a little work is put in.

It's surprising sometimes. This doesn't mean every problem that everybody has with playing on a computer can be fixed, of course, but there are a ton of options for how to play compared to a console.
    Dude.. Ew, no.
    Here. That's what I used when I switched over from PS2 to PC, I still use my PS2 controller. Best. Thing. I. Ever. Did.
    (5)

Player
    This is outrageous bs, if they want to remove PS2 out of the scene, then don't do it half f way... I hate when they bring up segregation bs, and giving us the --Japan will get the PS2 expansion, everyone else no--.

If they are pushing/encouraging people into "upgrading" to PC what is many people is celebrating at, then don't give us half bs letting us know that Japanese version of PS2 will carry on, and for the w/e reasons NA version will be not released. Make the whole community change/upgrade to XBOX/PC. Not this uber crap in which Japan gets preference over other players.

My humble opinion.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Erics View Post
    Dude.. Ew, no.
    Here. That's what I used when I switched over from PS2 to PC, I still use my PS2 controller. Best. Thing. I. Ever. Did.
    Given this thingy only costs one cent and has a customer image from a Wild Snorlax, who must have liked it so much that he or she woke up just to take a picture of it, I wholeheartedly agree this is an awesome thingy.

Really drives home the point that there's all kinds of stuff out there for playing games on computers more comfortably and most of it is pretty cheap.
    (5)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    I'm not entirely sure about this, but wasn't this a global move? Not just for NA? That's how I remembered it.
    Exactly, it was a global move. I'm just wondering why bother updating the NA PS2s at all. If they are going to withhold SoA from the NA PS2 market, why prep that market to begin with?

PS2 version is working fine(or as fine as it has for the last few years anyways) without the recent change. That could have been easily withheld as well.

Simple question that i hope the community reps have further info they can share with us.
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The way I see it they did what they did because it was the most profitable course of action. The number of PS2 users in Japan is likely a lot higher than in the NA region, and I think it'll eventually disappear as well. And the number of PS2 users in NA is likely not high enough to warrant distributing the game all across the continent.

As for their recent hard drive related efforts, what I meant by global is that they didn't care for NA individually, but that they just did it for the "PS2", independent of region. The NA PS2s being dragged into it may be a mere consequence of that fact. But that was just my assumption, I'm not good at politics and policies in that regard to know for a fact.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Greetings,

I am disappointed to see this, but I think I understand it.

Most likely, the porting of the Japanese version of each platform to the NA version of each platform is a separate process for each platform. The cost of doing that port for the Playstation 2 plus the cost and other factors involved with distribution of that disc after it's been made to North American Players is just too high for the quantity of players that will actually want to use it.

There are a LOT more Japanese players still playing the PS2 version than there are NA players on the PS2 version. Japanese players like playing on consoles. NA players tend to play on PC much more. That's not to say there are no PS2 players in North America. They do exist. But SE now believes the quantity of them is now low enough to not be worth the cost of porting and distribution of a new title for Playstation 2. (And Sony may not want them to either.)

I see it as a business decision. If it costs more to make and distribute that disc than the amount of revenue they can earn from those players, it's best to just let it go. They also do know that many of those players will get either a PC or Xbox 360 version somewhere along the line, so they won't lose all of them as customers. They will likely lose a few. SE doesn't think it's enough to be a problem.

I do believe it has nothing to do with "PS2 Limitations" or trying to get rid of them.
    (5)

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast