Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tsuneo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyln View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why will the new expansion not be available on the PS2 for North America? What will be done with customers who only play on the PS2?
    Nothing will be done. You'll have to suck it up.
    (9)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyln View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why will the new expansion not be available on the PS2 for North America? What will be done with customers who only play on the PS2?
    no/little profit
    (6)

Player
    PS2 players have had about 6 years to upgrade. If you play on PS2(a 13 year old system, it's time to upgrade) -_-
    (11)

Character
    Seyabr
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    well thats a great bs , i understand that cds cant be made but u should give us at least the download choice ... for years now we been complaining about npc stucking , blackouts and freezes and the jp get all the support they need we get nothing i despise playing on pc i do it on ps2 version on ps3 i m seriously disappointed how SE did this ....
    (1)

Character
    Kunihiro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by seya View Post
    well thats a great bs , i understand that cds cant be made but u should give us at least the download choice ... for years now we been complaining about npc stucking , blackouts and freezes and the jp get all the support they need we get nothing i despise playing on pc i do it on ps2 version on ps3 i m seriously disappointed how SE did this ....
    Get yourself a usb controller and you'll never notice the difference, besides not getting stuck on npcs, black screens, and freezes, but I guess that's what is so great about ps2.
    (14)

Character
    Seyabr
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Idk whats the worst SE for ignoring us or the people on this forum for not supporting theyr community , i say once i own a pc version i hate it , i been asking for a ps3 version like a lot people for a long time and yet this forum dont support that as well as far i m concerned you all pc loving people always blame all things wrong on the game on ps2 users , even if they really take ps2 out the picture you probally move to xbox next , seriously u just want a reason to complain ...
    This game was coded for ps2 , Se wont change that no mater what
    (0)
    Last edited by seya; 06-27-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by seya View Post
    If this helps you or anybody else, it is possible to obtain gamepads very much like PS2 controllers and the most basic one works well for lots of stuff and very cheap. For ten more bucks, there's a wireless option.

If it's some other part of the "playing stuffs on PC" experience that sucks for you, such as wanting to play on a big TV rather than a small monitor, odds are very good that there's also an affordable way around it. For all the stuff a technology-fearing caveman like me, a guy who actively does not want a facebook account or the ability to check his e-mail with his phone, hates about computers...I like how flexible and cheap a gaming medium a computer can be if a little work is put in.

It's surprising sometimes. This doesn't mean every problem that everybody has with playing on a computer can be fixed, of course, but there are a ton of options for how to play compared to a console.
    (11)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I can't imagine what would cause someone to hate playing on a PC unless they were playing on a pentium II. If you need a controller and a big screen you can pick up everything you need to make that happen while you are buying the expansion for an extra 15-30 dollars. Anyone who doesn't have a PC hooked up to their TV at this point for any of the million other reason besides ffxi should burn their bugle boy jeans, unhook their laser disc player, and join the rest of us in the YEAR TWO-THOUSAND AND TWELVE *echo* *echo* *echo*
    (7)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Milva
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It would have been a great opportunity for SE to drop PS2 support and get rid of PS2 limitations alltogether have they not chosen to release new expansion on PS2 JP onry. Instead JP market gets special treatment, everyone else ends up being a second grade category.
    It has very little to do with being able to assemble a FFXI-capable PC for $50. JP customers could've done that too, no? Just sucks being treated second-grade customer by Square Enix Co., Ltd.
    (8)

Character
    Tsuneo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Milva View Post
    It would have been a great opportunity for SE to drop PS2 support and get rid of PS2 limitations
    It would require SE to do something that they aren't going to do to get rid of limitations, and that something isn't dropping PS2.
    (3)
    Last edited by Tsuneo; 06-27-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast