Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    stuff

Now, I'm gonna let you know... THIS MMO was a PS2 original, it was designed and debuted on the PS2 in Japan.
    Now I'm gonna let you know homegirl that the series premiered on the superfamicom. WHY CAN'T I FIGHT JENOVAH ON MY NES?!
    ^that's how you sound^
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    Now I'm gonna let you know homegirl that the series premiered on the superfamicom. WHY CAN'T I FIGHT JENOVAH ON MY NES?!
    ^that's how you sound^
    I just like to keeps it real.

Also you might want to get your eyes cheek, I'm not your Home girl. ¬_¬
    (3)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 06-30-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I just like to keeps it real.
    it's got to be reeeeeeeeeeeeal
    (1)

it's got to be reeeeeeeeeeeeal
    Oh yeah, Bon qui qui, You can have a coke.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Oh yeah, Bon qui qui, You can have a coke.
    dis levonisha

Who Bon qui qui...WHO BON QUI QUI?!?!
    (0)

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Firstly, I'm not trying to convince you. I was just commenting your misplaced craving for factual numbers, because no one can provide those, neither us nor you. Secondly, as I said before, there is evidence, just not hard evidence or proof. It is, however, enough to draw logical implications from it. And finally, if there's no evidence for either argument, there's still no reason to back away. That's when your position turns into a belief. And as long as you recognize that and don't defend it irrationally as a fact, you're free to remain there
    Your so-called evidence is actually a hypothesis, no matter how well thought out or reasonable it seems. Hypothesis is not proof, or evidence. The next step is to actually find and provide data to back up your hypothesis. That's how proper inquiry works. I didn't make up the system but flagrantly disregarding it just shows lazy/incomplete thinking. Obviously, we're going to have to agree to disagree because you and others just don't get that.

And you're quite wrong, I could go and obtain factual numbers. I could go ask every player on my server what system they play on via tells and compile a database reflecting the data. I could then extrapolate the data to reflect other servers and the game as whole using data already collected. Hell, If I was really ambitious I could make a mule on every server and do the same thing for more accurate results. Shit's not hard, just time consuming. But I'm not the one claiming that NA PS2 population levels are so low that it's not cost effective to release an expansion on NA PS2, nor that they are high enough to warrant it (just because I disagree with the former position, doesn't mean I support the latter one). I was just sick of people passing off a hypothesis as fact and started telling people to back that shit up. That's not unreasonable, from the perspective of my profession or on the burden of proof as it relates to western thought as a whole.

At least I attempted to bring evidence to support my belief that PC gaming is of much less importance in Japan (and I could go look through at least fifteen years of gaming and pc magazines that are piled up in my garage for more corroborating evidence). I invited you to bring contrary evidence but you'd rather just pick at mine without showing your hand. You must have a reason for believing what you believe, so please, at least provide a citation. I'm open-minded, if I'm wrong show me, but don't sit there with your thumbs in your ears shouting "la, la, la....I'm right, you're wrong".
    (1)
    Last edited by Aldersyde; 06-30-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    You have to be trolling. I don't want to believe that there are people out there ignorant enough not to understand that printing expansion discs (and SE's favoritism for their JP base(see: FF Agito)) for the PS2 in NA, would not sell well at all in NA.

But seriously, are all the PS2 players on food-stamps or high-schoolers, cause I am scared shitless if they're legit.
    Dude, your response was no less trollish than mine. But if i was going for full-on troll, I would have said something concerning the wormhole and going back in time to tell your father to put on a rubber the night you were conceived, because it's not like you contribute more than trollbait on these forums.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aldersyde; 06-30-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I don't get why people are surprised by this. Leaving PS2 off a full expansion isn't that different than every other game company's games (and SE's other games) that are only released for new systems. For that matter, new versions of an ongoing desktop program eventually require new operating systems. The fact that FFXI started on PS2 is about as relevant as saying MS Office 2010 should be released for Windows 95.

Also, Zerich already said what I've been thinking the whole time more potently than I would. But, it's hard for me to imagine a financial situation where someone would be fine paying $13+ per month to play a game, but is going to complain about a relatively small one-time expenditure to play the upgraded version. It's obviously not my place to tell people how to spend their money, but I'm curious how you're justifying the monthly fee.

One example that makes sense to me is the people whose parents are reluctantly paying for FFXI and those parents would hesitate at bigger costs of enablement. In that case, Christmas is coming before the expansion so you know what to ask for. Put the add for the $20 Black Friday XBox on their pillow.
    (3)
    Last edited by Merton9999; 06-30-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    Also, Zerich already said what I've been thinking the whole time more potently than I would. But, it's hard for me to imagine a financial situation where someone would be fine paying $13+ per month to play a game, but is going to complain about a relatively small one-time expenditure to play the upgraded version. It's obviously not my place to tell people how to spend their money, but I'm curious how you're justifying the monthly fee.
    MMO subscriptions are simply one of the cheapest, most cost effective methods in which to game, or to entertain yourself for that matter. A new console game is at least $40-60 and usually doesn't have more than a 2-3 weeks of game time. MMO subscriptions are extremely easy to justify. A whole month of FF is less than a night at the movies, hell, it's less than a full year of public library fees. Of course, if you play more than 8-12 hours a day, your mileage may vary. I always have something to do ingame.

Buying a whole new computer when I already have one (and actually, I have 2 in the household so the wife doesn't have to compete with my pc time)? That's a little more tricky to justify.
    (1)
    Last edited by Aldersyde; 06-30-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldersyde View Post
    MMO subscriptions are simply one of the cheapest, most cost effective methods in which to game, or to entertain yourself for that matter. A new console game is at least $40-60 and usually doesn't have more than a 2-3 weeks of game time. MMO subscriptions are extremely easy to justify. A whole month of FF is less than a night at the movies, hell, it's less than a full year of public library fees. Of course, if you play more than 8-12 hours a day, your mileage may vary. I always have something to do ingame.

Buying a whole new computer when I already have one (and actually, I have 2 in the household so the wife doesn't have to compete with my pc time)? That's a little more tricky to justify.
    I would get that if by "whole new computer" you required it to be a top-of-the-line, all-or-nothing purchase. If your goal is just to play, this doesn't have to be one of those family financial decisions that cancels the kids' Disney vacation for the year. Super-low price options are available, and for that matter, a used XBox would suffice.
    (2)

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast