Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    going to have to agree its not phoenix, birds pretty much stuck in Tenzen's GKT and he lives in far East, and this is going to be in the far west.

big thing everyone should be wondering about isn't how the jobs will play, but who will be are new Female story NPC and semi love intrest, cause they all pretty much say they love you (atleast if your male)

RotZ- Lion, Hume
    CoP- Prishe, Elvaan
    ToaU- Nashmeira, Hume Empress, Your moving up in the world
    WotG- Lilisette, Hume/Elvaan cause SE couldn't pick just one

so what can we expect from SoA!? a taru, maybe a mithra. only thing we know for sure is that they will be young. Lion was the last really mature one.
    No~ I'm not all to worried about the girl who in the story who will like me but be rejected cause my character is married to my gf's, actually a relatively small detail to me.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    big thing everyone should be wondering about isn't how the jobs will play, but who will be are new Female story NPC and semi love intrest, cause they all pretty much say they love you (atleast if your male)
    They pretty much do if you're female too, it's just a little more subtext-y I guess.
    (0)

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiterpallasch View Post
    The Phoenix mentioned several times throughout the CoP storyline? Yeah probably.

It looked like some land in the pic too, so I'm guessing they're finally gonna add dirt.
    Well.... see...
    Phoenix died. But then what do phoenixes do when they die...?
    (0)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalie View Post
    Well.... see...
    Phoenix died. But then what do phoenixes do when they die...?
    They get embued into a katana?
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Yurai
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The new expansion sounds great!! Personally, I can't wait to see what the "Personal Island" will be like. I love furnishing the home nation Mog House so hopefully you can furnish your island in a similar way along side raising your animals. The dungeon statue system sounds interesting; hopefully it will allow more variety than the current MMM system. I'm also excited for the Monster PvP system, you know I'm all kindsa down for running around as Hahava and punching people in the face!

Most of all..A new black belt!! I hope it's not JP Only level of difficulty as they mentioned it'd be pretty tough to get... Still, I can't wait to see it!

By the way, a big shout-out to Camate and Bayohne. You guys were hilarious and made watching a million hour long stream so much fun. Nice work guys!
    (0)
    Yurai of Odin, BlueHat Linkshell.
    Monk. White Mage. Awesome.
    Auspice and Boost-AGI are your friends. Please use them!

Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    I'd say its Quetzacoatl based on the strong resemblance to Zapdos, but hey, apparently everyone else sees a feathered yellow and blue bird as the fiery bird of resurrection.

Even ignoring the story implications surrounding Phoenix, the six large monsters fighting characters on there are clearly part of the seven native warlords system that was briefly mentioned (the seventh I'm guessing is the Wyrm attacking the airship). Given the strong emphasis on elementals in this expansion (both the new jobs), I'd say that whole theory fits, too. From the top you've got:
    A Yeti - Ice.
    A Trex - Fire, based on the concept art briefly shown.
    A Tree - Earth, most likely Yggdrasil based on that appearing in the trailer.
    A Bee - Wind.
    A Bird - Lightning, its yellow, I'm sticking to Quetzacoatl.
    A Shark - Water.
    To be honest: This is more so Quetzalcoatl

While the one in FFX is bird like, It's not true to the creature it came from.
    And if you're going off Pokémon: Rayquaza is closer to what the God looks like, heck his name even sounds like his.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    looks alot like the dragon in the bottom of the picture.

think they might just represent the Seven Native Warlords since you can see a little person fight the monsters
    think the Twelve Great Housesmight be the different Adventure Guilds or different places that formed the Sacred City of Adoulin Alliance

wondering what Tartarus is. If it's there new dungeon system im totally going to be shouting PERSONA.
    (0)

Player
    Unless SE started producing random fan art and Pokemon games, I fail to see how they are relevant. In FFVIII Quetzalcoatl was far more bird shaped, with blue markings I might add, which are present on this art work. Granted it could be any Lightning related bird if you follow my logic, but Quetzalcoatl is the only one that springs to mind and it would be nice if SE started to cash in on nostalgia more with FFXI, considering FFXIV is getting Demon Wall and a real Ultima Weapon, amongst other things.
    (2)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8