Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Player
    apparently se has droped NA/EU support for adoulin on the english trailer the ps2 logo isnt there and the jp site has the logo another site lists ps2 for adoulin in japan only
    (1)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    Plan and simple... No.

There's nothing wrong with the playstation. I like the control, I like the games on it. What do honestly expect to happen if they drop the PS2? They'll boost the graphics? They'll Increase the over-all inventory space? So far this has been on of the limit field that ventures cross platforms in the true aspect of the term. I like the ability to switch FFXI to my PS2, so I can watch Hulu or Netflix on my 360, or even play another game entirely. Leaving my PC free for me to have my art projects going. In fact! I'm going to start the petition for an external HDD for the Wii! We need to extend the love of FFXI to EVERYONE! Then all 4 - PC, WII, PS, and XBox can play in harmony!
    We don't need to kill the PS2. We just need to kill support for FFXI being played on PS2. There's a difference, albeit so small that it's almost not worth mentioning.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Player
    Simple way to say it, they are now starting to announce the next gen consoles, meaning that by this point, you should have a 360 or PS3 and a PC, if you have no PC, you cant post here. If you have Xbox or PC I present you options, you have FFXIV coming to PS3, perhaps if PS2 were dropped PS3 FFXI would be made, its not impossible, FFXI has apparently not been made to die soon so doing this wouldn't be illogical on their part. If you have 360 you are still able to get FFXI, it is much harder and overpriced, however this is possible if you really care, and honestly another voice to the cause of FFXI-Xbox360 being overpriced would be nice. As for PC, PC has the ability to play with controllers, you have no need to play with a keyboard or mouse at all, infact you can play with your PS2 controller probably if you had the right things to connect it. In the end to complain about it because you like your controls or consoles is not a good idea, its rather pointless because its not a good argument.
    (4)

Go go ELMER!
    (1)

Player
    I'm bored and people talking about PS2 isn't amusing, so theory craft time.

So, earlier Camate and Bayohne mentioned that there would be 7 monster lairs, so I decided to work out what they are.

On the cover art (or whatever) I noticed several large monsters fighting people. So I'd say we have, from the top down:
    That Yeti-like monster from the dats.
    A pissed off Rhino (there is also what looks like a snake just above it), possibly the new beastman race?
    A tree, based on it appearing in the trailer, I'm guessing that would be Yggdrasil.
    The giant bee.
    Zapdos.
    And a giant shark.
    Other than those 6 I couldn't see any more people fighting monsters, though the Wyrm attacking an Airship is probably the 7th. Since they mentioned Campaign like elements when attacking these lairs, maybe the Wyrm only comes out when the other 6 have been defeated. A new Airship battle would be so hot.

The final two circles are just random things I noticed. A Chocobo in the middle of the ocean, and what looks like a very Odin-esque skull/helmet. Odin has directly or indirectly been a part of every expansion so far, so maybe there is something there. Though the full word wasn't visible I think the word "Tartarus" was in the trailer as well, so maybe its related to that. As for the Chocobo, I like to think we'll have wild Chocobos that will play a part in the Transport Guild, I'd also like a new Mog Locker type thing that would just be Fat Chocobo, because thats just awesome.
    Theres also the Mystic Knight but thats so obvious I don't feel like elaborating on that much. Look they're using Runic!
    (4)

Character
    Wolfeater
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    This expansion isn't ever coming out the world is ending December 2012...didn't you get the memo?
    (1)
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    United States Postal Service Postmaster

Character
    Ayasu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Dammit, SE.

Just when I thought I could get away...
    (1)

Dimensional Death@Excalibur -- Accepting all new members!
    http://dimensionaldeath.com/

Character
    Hakkairu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 45
    I think they are holding off on their decision of what to do about the PS2/PS3 until after this market survey they will be conducting through their Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway. There are a number of things they could do, but is it profitable is what they want and need to find out. There was talk about a possible port to the PSP Vita a while back, and if you add that in with Sony's E3 presentation tone for Vita/PS3 interconnectivity and play anywhere, could see a possible avenue for the game. Been questions for a while about why hasn't there been a version for the PS3. Short answer it for that is it's wasn't lucrative. That maybe changing with two things on the horizon. The 1st being the announcement of this new expansion. If you remember Xbox join the fray at the TOAU release in 2006. The number of subscribers wax and wane as expansions come and age. If you want to port the game to another platform you want to try to do so before the rise starts. The 2nd thing is FF14 reboot. After the failed release of 14 I think most can guess what happen to the PS3 version of it. With the rerelease coming soon, PS3 development is back on. SE has a problem of getting People interested in 14 again. One could be porting FF11 to PS3 during the new expansion to show they can still produce a fun game before the PS3 launch of FF14 while add a beta code for FF14 in FF11. Since the games hold some similaritiesthey could try to win people over in such a way. Those are just my thoughts. There is something they are trying to gain from this survey, and they had to give some type of incentive for us to participate in their study, hence the contest. If there was a Vita or a PS3 version, would any of you buy one?
    (4)

Player
    I do not understand people's reasoning for wanting to stay ps2/xbox over pc you do realize you can still play on PC with a game pad that has the EXACT same control layout as ps2/xbox right? you do not even need an expensive pc because this game is just that old, the most basic cut down chepo best buy prefab model can practically run 11 at 9000% as zeargi put it.

I personally made the change over after getting sick of the xbox's random crashes, before that i was a ps2 player, was a significant jump in graphics from ps2=>360=>pc
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    I do not understand people's reasoning for wanting to stay ps2/xbox over pc you do realize you can still play on PC with a game pad that has the EXACT same control layout as ps2/xbox right? you do not even need an expensive pc because this game is just that old, the most basic cut down chepo best buy prefab model can practically run 11 at 9000% as zeargi put it.

I personally made the change over after getting sick of the xbox's random crashes, before that i was a ps2 player, was a significant jump in graphics from ps2=>360=>pc
    Personally I play games to play game. FF7's graphics are trash compared to most anything you see nowadays; It's still an AMAZING game. If they'd add support for the PS3 then I'd switch and use that, I have 2 accounts that I play in tandem with one another. And like playing on my Playstation/Xbox. I like my games on the consoles which in most cases are the only play you can get them. My friends are also on the Xbox, so I can chat with them and what now. If I don't feel like playing FFXI wih both characters or I don't need them both; Bump* There it goes to my PS2 while I do other things on XBox. It's not a hard concept, people just choose not to understand it.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast