Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    I don't see it as unexpected (the drop of ps2 support) given the fact that they don't make the HDD for ps2 (and havent for quite some years) nor a PS2 with internal HDD (that I'm aware of) and most newer PS3 aren't even reverse compatible anymore. It would be more practical for them to migrate PS2 to PS3 with updated resolution etc much like they did for xbox 360.....then instead of hearing "PS2 limitations" we'd hear all about the "Xbox 360/PS3 limitations" instead.
    That's the one thing that's kind of stopping me from buying a PS3, I want to play my entire library. If they can make a digital Download file and continue to support the PS3; I'd consider jumping to a new platform. I personally just don't want to play on my PC. I like the set-up I have.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    Geo seems Aura crazy (verus Stance-based) but it appears in the pics to be either a sword(or big dagger?) and club-wielding.
    The Mithra is holding a Buddhist/Hindu/etc. vajra-thingy, which can be anything from a club to a dagger to a weight held while punching somebody. It's basically a symbolic weapon that represents strength of spirit and stuff.

I have no idea what the Galka is holding. It may actually be a really ornate Ghanta even though that thing looks nothing like a bell and I get the feeling that "Ghanta" just means "this thing is a bell, stupid. 'ghanta' means bell!". It kind of has a bell shape at the top, maybe?

I wouldn't even guess it was a bell, except that the two tools apparently go together in some ceremonies and that Geomancer uses bells.

My personal guess is that it is a marital aid taken from the nearest Dancer. The Geomancer is glowing and stuff because he is trying desperately to purify it as his beliefs dictate.

You don't want to know what why it has all those weird bumps and lumps, just know they are there for the same reason the device must be purified.
    (4)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 06-23-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Character
    Minidiamond
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I nearly fainted when i saw the Trailer. ITS GONNA BE GOOD! <3
    (1)

The special guest for the NA stream is going to be Tanaka. He is going to give a 15 minute diatribe about balancing 1,000 angels on the head of a pin.

You heard it here first.
    (2)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    The special guest for the NA stream is going to be Tanaka.
    Probably why the event wasn't in the U.S. Wouldn't be able to guarantee his safety.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Player
    The special guest will be the giant peni.... errrr... the giant worm.
    (1)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    The special guest will be the giant peni.... errrr... the giant worm.
    Dude c'mon, worm was epic.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    One, don't be a jerk. And two, Not everyone wants to play on the PC. Just because they can't bump the graphics up over 9000%, doesn't mean the game isn't still good.
    Everyone should/want to play on pc rather than the craptastic playstation 2, move ahead in the gaming world instead of living in the past.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Winrie View Post
    Everyone should/want to play on pc rather than the craptastic playstation 2, move ahead in the gaming world instead of living in the past.
    Plan and simple... No.

There's nothing wrong with the playstation. I like the control, I like the games on it. What do honestly expect to happen if they drop the PS2? They'll boost the graphics? They'll Increase the over-all inventory space? So far this has been on of the limit field that ventures cross platforms in the true aspect of the term. I like the ability to switch FFXI to my PS2, so I can watch Hulu or Netflix on my 360, or even play another game entirely. Leaving my PC free for me to have my art projects going. In fact! I'm going to start the petition for an external HDD for the Wii! We need to extend the love of FFXI to EVERYONE! Then all 4 - PC, WII, PS, and XBox can play in harmony!
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    The special guest for the NA stream is going to be Tanaka. He is going to give a 15 minute diatribe about balancing 1,000 angels on the head of a pin.
    "First, to see the angels, you must drink the Magical Elixir of Knowledge."

"This looks like toner."

"This...smells like toner."

"It tastes like toner, too!"

"Do you see them?"

"They're all on fire. Eating each other. Screaming. Screaming with their mouths full of each other, half-chewed bits still on fire...falling out...Oh, God..."

"These aren't angels!"

"I need to vomit..."

"They are angels. Keep watching."

"Why, why?"

"This isn't real, this can't be real."

"Now, I shall show you the pin!"
    (3)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast