Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
    Character
    Catwho
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I am very sorry for all the people who entered and got nothing. I agree that the Ark Angel prizes should have been available to everyone.

But I have to say thank you to SE for hosting something for us since they couldn't even have the Mog Lotto. Prior to this, despite having two accounts and entering every Mog Lotto since they started them, the best I'd gotten was a Rank 4 (which at least paid for the cost of my 100 mog lotto balls each time...)

But this year, for the first time, I won a decent prize. I was apparently one of the lucky 250 NAers to get a Rank II. So now I have Sagasinger. For this old Dynamis vet who was most distraught over the changes made to the event (even as I realized they were necessary) and who never thought I'd get to see any Arch DL drops because I'm no longer in the HNM scene, it is greatly appreciated.
    (3)
    Chill out! Relax. Have a drink~!

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwho View Post
    I am very sorry for all the people who entered and got nothing. I agree that the Ark Angel prizes should have been available to everyone.

But I have to say thank you to SE for hosting something for us since they couldn't even have the Mog Lotto. Prior to this, despite having two accounts and entering every Mog Lotto since they started them, the best I'd gotten was a Rank 4 (which at least paid for the cost of my 100 mog lotto balls each time...)

But this year, for the first time, I won a decent prize. I was apparently one of the lucky 250 NAers to get a Rank II. So now I have Sagasinger. For this old Dynamis vet who was most distraught over the changes made to the event (even as I realized they were necessary) and who never thought I'd get to see any Arch DL drops because I'm no longer in the HNM scene, it is greatly appreciated.
    Congratulations.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    When you entered the contest there was the option to write in the name of the player that you wanted the rewards to be delivered to. It didn't have to be a player on your SE ID, so some people entered with their multiple accounts, assigned all the rewards to their main, and won multiple times.
    Aww, that just makes me feel it was even more unfair to not let me participate with my second account. I think that it certainly should not have been possible for people to enter any character name to receive the prize(s). Not with such limited amount of them available at least.

Maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Avina View Post
    The issue though isn't so much the mules, but rather's SE's account set up. I have an alternate account and character, but it is part of my Square-Enix ID. I didn't realize that in doing so I would set myself up to not being able to get a 2nd vote in things like this, because I have a second character and still pay two subscription fees. This isn't really about how much someone pays so much as it is their setup. Clearly they wanted to limit it to one vote per person by restricting it to SE IDs.

I think this warrants a phone call to remove my alt account from my Square-Enix ID and give it its own SE ID. Since apparently doing so gives me less of a chance at winning things like this that may be held in the future.
    Indeed, I have been thinking the same after this slap-to-the-face, where people who opted for one SqEX account due to convenience are being left out. But as FrankReynolds also mentioned, it does look like one perilous path to take...

Anymog, conglaturations, to those who won. Kind of feeling left out here since both of my friends I mainly play with won more or less. But then again, I'm used to being the loser. :]

Being an anniversary thing, the suits (although creepy, still collectibles!) as well as the weapons should definitely have been/should be gifted to everyone, along with the Athena Orb.

I probably mentioned it too many times already in this and other threads, but I'll say it again: I really hope to see improvements for the basics of the next “GGG”, or whatever it will be called, if I live long enough to see one.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 08-02-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Add Athena Orb
    ...or so the legend says.

4. 08-02-2012 10:40 PM
    Reason
    Forgot to quote correctly.

Character
    Vosslerr
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    They paid for them and they are entitled to a prize.
    Um... no.. just no. That is just a selfish statement. Just the fact of people registering their Alts is plain greed and selfishness. You can bring up the "I pay, so I get another chance" statement all day long, but the fact that someones mule got a Moogle Suit and a scythe and I potentially lost a chance at one really ticks me off. Its should never be about how rich you are, or how many accounts you have. It should have been about one person (one account) being able to receive one reward, so that other people can have an even chance at winning one. Now I understand that would have cost too much in labor and effort to control, and I'm happy for those that won something, but shame on those people that registered alts, is all I'm gonna say. Probably gonna receive hate but I'm titled to my opinion. Its just like Guildwork and people hating on the fact that the winner chose a Yoichi. Who cares what he chose? You didn't win, he did. Its not up for other people to decide what others want to receive.
    (2)
    Last edited by Vosslerr; 08-02-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Character
    Vosslerr
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I don't understand how 2 characters that are paid for by one person have any different effect on you from 2 characters paid by 2 people. You are essentially upset that there are too many people. I could say the same thing about you having a cooking mule. If you didn't have that mule, someone else would be selling more food. But they aren't, because you paid for that account and are entitled to the spoils. You paid for it, it's yours to do what you want.
    Because one person had a chance at winning twice, meaning somewhere out there, either your mule or a legitimate person was gonna go away empty-handed guaranteed. If you don't see that then you are just foolish.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vosslerr View Post
    Because one person had a chance at winning twice, meaning somewhere out there, either your mule or a legitimate person was gonna go away empty-handed guaranteed. If you don't see that then you are just foolish.
    They created the contest based on the number of eligible players. That is why they didn't accidentally make 1,000,000 relic prizes, or just give away 3 costumes total across all servers.

What you are saying basically is this: "I think I am entitled to a prize that only exists because some other guy paid for it."

Do you understand? You or any other person aren't entitled to that prize. There would be less prizes to distribute if there were less mules. You still would have no prize if that guy didn't have a mule account. There would just be one less prize to win, thus your odds remain the same.
    (2)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 08-02-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Character
    Vosslerr
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    They created the contest based on the number of eligible players. That is why they didn't accidentally make 1,000,000 relic prizes, or just give away 3 costumes total across all servers.

What you are saying basically is this: "I think I am entitled to a prize that only exists because some other guy paid for it."

Do you understand? You or any other person aren't entitled to that prize. There would be less prizes to distribute if there were less mules. You still would have no prize if that guy didn't have a mule account. There would just be one less prize to win, thus your odds remain the same.
    There would not be less prizes to distribute. There was a guaranteed number of winners as displayed when you signed up. Therefore if you registered your mule, (A separate account, and a separate person basically to SE). you cut the chances of someone else winning. In fact, if your mule had won, there was one person that would not have received a prize. "Lets all register our mules because they are more important than a regular person", is basically what your implying. Your opinion is upto you, but just because you pay for multiple accounts shouldn't give you the right to have multiple chances of winning. Self-conscience should make you think about the other people that lost because of people registering mules.
    (2)
    Last edited by Vosslerr; 08-03-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    There would not be less prizes to distribute. There was a guaranteed number of winners as displayed when you signed up. Therefore if you registered your mule, (A separate account, and a separate person basically to SE). you cut the chances of someone else winning. In fact, if your mule had won, there was one person that would not have received a prize.
    The number of total prizes was based on number of players. Remove players from the pool, you reduce the number of prizes.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    There would not be less prizes to distribute. There was a guaranteed number of winners as displayed when you signed up. Therefore if you registered your mule, (A separate account, and a separate person basically to SE). you cut the chances of someone else winning.
    So what your saying is that if there were only 100k players total, SE would be stupid and make 1,000,000 prizes and just give everybody ten of them? Think about that for a minute.

They based the number of "Guaranteed winners" on the number of eligible players including alternate accounts.

You get what you paid for.
    (2)

Character
    Vosslerr
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I see what you are saying. Good point. I still think people should have registered only their main in consideration of other people, but probably too much to ask. I really hope i have a chance to recieve the scythe later though if anything.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vosslerr; 08-03-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast