Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Chillo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

So it looks like we're getting a new expansion or addon (pics. inside)

Don't know if this has been posted here or not. But I found this posted on another forum, what do you think?

http://wilddragonchase.blogspot.sg/2012/06/ffxi-bgblog-mystery-of-rom9.html
    (6)

That was found out a few days ago on BG, where someone on their dat mined the rom9 folder on the test server client. Someone on there pointed out the name might be Blood of Chaos, the only other name SE trademarked recently was Drakerider.

That's kinda sloppy on SEs part to but a bunch of new zone files on the test server.
    (2)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Don't get your hopes too high. Wait for an annoucement at vanafest, I mean, just because something is in the dats of the test server does not mean it will go live. There were many items/spells/zones etc that had been in the real game's .DATs and were never released. Altough I think a major expansion (or even a mini expansion abyssea style) would breathe more life in the game, after the shitty year that 2011-2012 have been as far as content go (old content rehash and failure at it mostly).
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    Wait for an annoucement at vanafest, I mean, just because something is in the dats of the test server does not mean it will go live.
    Just emphasizing the necessary. Only four days to go.
    (1)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Honestly, it's just really nice to see it in there. I don't think there's any one on this forum who hasn't ask for a new expansion and new area's. The pic's look very promising. And I'm glad to see that the Dev's have been working hard behind close door's to bring us something new. Assuming that these zone's are actually coming in a new expansion/add on.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    Don't get your hopes too high. Wait for an annoucement at vanafest, I mean, just because something is in the dats of the test server does not mean it will go live. There were many items/spells/zones etc that had been in the real game's .DATs and were never released. Altough I think a major expansion (or even a mini expansion abyssea style) would breathe more life in the game, after the shitty year that 2011-2012 have been as far as content go (old content rehash and failure at it mostly).
    not really, the spells were usually given to NM's so still existed, 9 new zones means they'll exist at one point. (especially seeing as they even went down the route of a new ROM folder)

(Come on Mithra homeworld)
    (2)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 06-19-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Player
    "History Directors Panel: Project XI"

I fully expect these to be old zones they never added, or heavily changed, that they're going to run around and explain to use as a little history lesson into what FFXI could have been. They have to know we dat mine and I honestly can't think why they'd release this ahead of the VanaFest for us to find if a new expansion is their big reveal.

But in all seriousness, if its a new expansion and its anything like WotG, Bye-Bye, Taisai. Maybe I'll come back in two years when they're finally finishing off the expansion, but I'm certainly not sticking around for 10 minutes worth of story every 3 months only to get an extremely disappointing endgame event at the end of it. Hopefully its more like Abyssea.
    (4)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I don't care what it is! It's new content! excited!
    (3)

Character
    Bechyne
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    HOPE IT HAS HNMS
    (7)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World