Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Sword to use while levelling

Greetings, Paladins! Looking for some advice for weapons - I'm currently level 77 and I'm stuck on what sword I should be progressing into. I have a static with some LS friends so I'm levelling quite slowly; I'm looking for some options to use on the way up.

My current weapon is Joyeuse, and I've got an Honorbound in storage - is this worth using when I hit 89? I've also got some bizarre swords that I've kept just in case like the Accolade Sword - is anything else on the AH or from NMs going to be worth getting?

Magian trial swords - obviously there's the PDT one but I've heard lots of negative things about people who use these. Would this (or a different) a magian sword be superior to other options or not worth making? I may or may not be intending to build and Almace but that would come once I do hit 99; this may well be a long time coming, so it's not a consideration at this time.

Any advice you can give me would be greatly recieved, thanks!
    (0)

It depends on a few things, mate. Like if you level in or out of abyssea. Do you need damage mitigation because mp becomes an issue, or are you levelling it like a full on DD? Do you have atonement, and if so does it stand up to the ws of the DD?

If outside abyssea, Joy Toy and atonement spam is probably the best route. Inside abyssea I'd probably pick up a firmament +1 for the extra 10 damage for those Vorpal Blades. Honorbound at 89 is a fairly good choice tbh.

Edit : had to look up the name - at 99 Sanus Ensis, if you're not going for Almace.
    (1)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 06-18-2012 at 03:10 PM.