Thread: Best Atmacites?

Character
    Yandaime
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90

Best Atmacites?

Just wondering what the best Atmacites are for VW.
    At present, I dont see anything ground breaking in any individual Atmacites and therefore, theres lots of room for customization so I wanna see what everyone else likes to do BEFORE I go dumping millions of Cruor on stuff.

I wish to prep Atmacites for Ukko's Fury

I would assume Ig-Alima's Atmacite is a default but do I go full STR for the next 2?
    I also think using the two TP Bonus Atmacites together *Might* be useful since that would give you +100 TP on each WS, helping the Crit rate but thats debatable depending how often one reverberates Dusty Wings and you could end up with a full 300% TP at most times anyway.

Whichever direction I lean towards, it'll be expensive so I wanted to ask you guys what you've done.

Thank you for your time
    (0)
    = He who hesitates is lost = (dont remember who's quote this is but I like it)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Admitting I use this for Res on DRK and WAR, it seems to work well.

Valiant
    Discipline
    Depths

Major Stats
    STR +33
    HP +35% (Seriously this is helpful in staying alive without fanatics)
    Haste +5% (allows for more relaxed x-hit setup)
    Save TP +20 (must have, period)

Minor Stats
    All other stats +18
    Accuracy +5
    Sphere: DA +2
    MDB +10

You want the Save TP +20 due to Cor Rolls bringing you to 40~45 Save TP. This means only 55~60 TP is required in between WS's, with a 6-hit or less your talking two to three swings in between WS's. Constant non-stop WSing during the fight is amazing for your total damage output. HP +35% gives you and your healers more time from fanatics down to you dieing, more time you have the higher chance you'll get off a Potion II / III or they'll get a cure off. Otherwise lots of STR works well for Res and it should also work for Ukko, Dex doesn't hurt to help you cap dDex out.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

It will depend on a few other things of course.

Using Valiant gives you 5% haste, so if you gear for extra Stp and 21% haste instead of your normal 26% haste build to hit the 5-hit (I think this is possible with Phorcy's iirc) and you're just getting war and drk rolls from cor, then go for STR/TP Bonus Atmacites.

If you're not getting a 5-hit anyway, I'd suggest getting a 5-hit either by using Coercion for regain +3, Discipline for Save TP+20 so you don't need stp in ws gear, or Deluges for 15 Stp and 3 DA (also a good atma for upheaval).

If you go the TP Bonus route, that's another 3% haste you can drop from your gear allowing for more stp, so that might help with 5-hit too.

It's probably useful to level up a few of these in case you get a COR that is using different rolls (ie SAM) where you might want to go for a 4-hit (Discipline no good for this unless the COR is also doing save tp roll).

Personally, if you're going the TP Bonus route, I would only use Latitude, as Dark Designs offers nothing else apart from the TP bonus to you. This and the fact that with relic head +2 you get +70tp bonus for 50 seconds anyway, and during Blood rage an extra 20% for a minute (though this stacks, so up to you).
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    You want the Save TP +20 due to Cor Rolls bringing you to 40~45 Save TP. This means only 55~60 TP is required in between WS's, with a 6-hit or less your talking two to three swings in between WS's.
    No, with a 6-hit or less you're talking 3 to 4 swings between ws's (unless you're assuming DA will proc at least once). Even with a 4 hit, you're not going to get 2 hits between ws's with 40~45 save tp.

You need to have a 5-hit setup with coercion and Miser's roll to get down to 3 swings.
    With Deluges and Samurai Roll you need 48stp (33 from gear + /sam) to guarantee a 4-hit with a roll of 2, 10 or 11 and 7 stp in gear for WS, assuming you have no regain. Considering 5% haste from Valiant, 48stp is incredibly easy to get, rather than the 54 needed for the save TP route, and stp route allows for rolls other than lucky or 11 too. If you can gear for 54 stp for save tp route, with the stp route a roll of 8 or 9 will also still give you a 4-hit. Or even a lucky or 11 with no SAM in pt.
    (0)