Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Character
    Draiman
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 95
    As someone who used to work in sales I suppose to some people are going on the notion that "I paid for service, I should get service" But after you watch the footage I saw of the Tsunami devastating Japanese villages, the nuclear power plant exploding, or the fact that engineers are risking their lives by going inside the nuclear power plant to prevent a meltdown. If I were you I'd think twice about complaining about them shutting down servers. All we can do at this point is give the Japanese people our support and I believe that they can pull through.
    (0)
    Last edited by Draiman; 03-17-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Player
    People are still focusing the OP's question around the fact that Japan is a crisis at the moment. EVERYONE knows this. BUT SE is a company, when a company closes their doors for a short time (GM/Ford/Toyota in 2008) they still provide frequent updates, not say "for at least a week" and everyone is suppose to just sit around until the week is up to be told "at least another week". This is bad business & they DO need to focus on their clients. If they want to still have a company to run will have to do so regardless of the current situation. Have you ever seen a doctor that told a cancer patient they only have a couple weeks left to live & then figures out it is more like a month or two but did not bother to tell them until the initial "couple weeks" was up? That is just absurd logic.

Again good post OP & i am sure even the bashers that keep posting are sitting there wait & waiting for an update.
    (0)
    NightDagger
    Server - Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by annewandering View Post
    To be honest I figured they posted that update information hoping to pacify people like you who have little or no patience. Trust me you are not alone in wishing it was up but we can bite the bullet cant we? If not then the problem is within not from without.
    For SE to postpone the Version update due for Mid april when thats 1 month away, thats saying that there planning on keeping the servers down Probably till may ;_;
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by NightDagger View Post
    People are still focusing the OP's question around the fact that Japan is a crisis at the moment. EVERYONE knows this. BUT SE is a company, when a company closes their doors for a short time (GM/Ford/Toyota in 2008) they still provide frequent updates, not say "for at least a week" and everyone is suppose to just sit around until the week is up to be told "at least another week". This is bad business & they DO need to focus on their clients. If they want to still have a company to run will have to do so regardless of the current situation. Have you ever seen a doctor that told a cancer patient they only have a couple weeks left to live & then figures out it is more like a month or two but did not bother to tell them until the initial "couple weeks" was up? That is just absurd logic.

Again good post OP & i am sure even the bashers that keep posting are sitting there wait & waiting for an update.
    SE never gave updates like that, so why do people expect it now? They told us "a least a week" why is it so hard to understand this? FRI/SAT we should get another update, if the game will be down longer, or if they have the problem under control. We don't need an update ever 12 hours saying the same crap over and over. Have you ever thought that maybe SE does not know what will happen? In a situation like this, it is not hard to imagine some of SE's higher ups just sitting at a desk with their hands covering their face, trying to figure out what to do next.

and no the OP is not "a good post" he worded it in a horrible way, and he continues to show that he does not care/understand anything.

Servers are not easy to move..... not in the slightest bit, and to even ask to move them in the condition that the area is in now, again shows that one does not understand the situation.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kailea_Nagisa; 03-17-2011 at 11:40 PM.

hehe...sometimes I wonder what peoples concept of a server is these days. These things are likely racks of blade style servers connected to massive NAS racks--enough equipment to fill just about an entire floor. Yeah... lets pick all that up and move it overseas....it's just not that simple.

And as has already been mentions (starting to sound like a broken record), SE stated they would release more information WHEN IT CAME AVAILABLE. The situation has not improved enough for there to be a change in expectations just yet. Until the situation changes enough to have some sense of certainty one way or the other--there is no new information to relay to us.

Rasit
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    hehe...sometimes I wonder what peoples concept of a server is these days. These things are likely racks of blade style servers connected to massive NAS racks--enough equipment to fill just about an entire floor. Yeah... lets pick all that up and move it overseas....it's just not that simple.

And as has already been mentions (starting to sound like a broken record), SE stated they would release more information WHEN IT CAME AVAILABLE. The situation has not improved enough for there to be a change in expectations just yet. Until the situation changes enough to have some sense of certainty one way or the other--there is no new information to relay to us.

Rasit
    Yeah i showed my wife a photo of what the servers look like & she could not believe the size. An entire floor is a good estimate. Moving them in not an option unless they are relocating their whole office! It is along the same lines as having a backup server in NA. That would be impossible to have a live back-up system, let alone the cost it would be to have another set of servers running just so once every ten years they can get used. Is everyone ready to double/triple the monthly fee for this to happen? Yeah i doubt it.
    (0)
    NightDagger
    Server - Lakshmi

Character
    Bloomingodsname
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    you know from reading the paper here Japan doesn't even know when the power will be back to normal so in taking that I'd say SE doesn't have a clue when they can be back up and running the military dumping saltwater into the reactors is corroding them...that'll most likely lead to meltdowns in the future even if they can be prevented for now...and if a meltdown does occur all that nuclear power will go into the atmosphere - and then what? the Japanese ppl better have a new place to live for awhile as they'll need it...
    and from what I've heard on the radio they're even using charter planes to fly Japanese out of Japan to get them away from the radiation...
    and even when they do get back up and running say tmw...with the 3hr blackouts still happening around Japan - are ppl going to throw a fit every time the portion of Japan that SE is located in is out of power? most likely even if it's jus 3hrs a day I'm sure there will be ppl upset over that
    yes I would like to see the game back up and running, but not to be able to play it but to find out if some of my Japanese friends are alright...right now I could honestly careless abt the game...
    (0)
    ~Bloom and Kayloni on Lakshmi~
    White Mage by day...Dancer by night!

Player
    They are currently working on getting power from the mainland to help with the cooling systems. That will not restore power to everyone but it will make the workers able to start doing their job more effectively & will help delay the process.

here is a quote from the news:

A new power line could restore electricity to cooling systems at the Daiichi plant, its operator said early Thursday, a development that would reduce the threat of a meltdown.

Construction of the line is nearly complete, said TEPCO spokesman Naoki Tsunoda, and officials hoped to try it "as soon as possible."

Good article to read on the power problems:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/japan-denie...73527-025.html
    (0)
    NightDagger
    Server - Lakshmi

yeah.. just heard on one stream that they were looking to have that line completed by tonight US time.

<crosses fingers>

Raist
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    yeah.. just heard on one stream that they were looking to have that line completed by tonight US time.

<crosses fingers>

Raist
    That would be a huge help, if this works & the turbines arrive soon they will be able to really start examining the situation of the reactors better & get this fixed^^

Hoping for the best!
    (0)
    NightDagger
    Server - Lakshmi

Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast