Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lienn View Post
    IMO PLD needs a way to DD. The very first step would be filling it with Fencer...i can't understand why PLD, one of the only job that will have most of the time a shield equipped, doesn't have it.

I would give PLD:

a) Fencer I-V (it's part of PLD since it's one of the only jobs that doesn't use 2-handed weapons or dual wield).
    b) Quadruple attack trait (to make up to the low attack).
    c) Change Sepulcher so it can be used on any foe but has stronger effect on undeads.
    d) Add Enlight II that adds light damage to auto-attack and increases the enmity of each hit.
    e) Increase the cap of Atonement (adjusting the formula maybe...750 damage is pathetic if compared to 99's WS damage).

The damage of DD jobs went way too high...PLD need options to start hitting harder too.
    While more DD is always welcome, as other posters have stated, PLD's enmity generation is not the problem.

I think a new "Provoke" -type ability would solve most of the issues, but instead of generating enmity for the user, this ability would:

1. Lower the enmity of everyone on the target monster's hate list (excluding the ability user). Enmity -30% on a 90 secs recast seems reasonable to me.
    2. Additionally this ability would also decreases enmity generation for everyone taking action towards target monster (again, excluding the ability user.). This effect would last 90 seconds and decay over time from enmity generation-80% to enmity generation-20%.
    (1)

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    PLD needs a JA that keep the mob locked on him for a set amount of time regardless of current enmity.
    Like 10 seconds for 30~60 secs recast, something like a taunt.
    I agree that our damage outpout is laughable.
    (1)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Pld has been, and most likely will always be, my favorite job. The sad fact of the matter is that the thing that made Pld was the fact that it could take the hits that would kill regular dd's.
    Now that just about anyone can build a -damage taken set and the fact that high defense is mostly useless is what really killed the job. Even if Pld got that special ability to lock hate for any amount of time I doubt it would bring them up to par.

I'd love to see Pld get some nice dd traits to level the field a bit, but sadly it was already stated that SE found Pld's damage output at a level they were comfortable with. To be quite honest, I have no idea what would give the job that push to make it really wanted again. Pld is one of those jobs that is hard to find a good spot for without seriously screwing with things.
    To SE strong offense and defense would be to broken. Holding hate 24/7 via higher emnity cap is a neat idea, but also a bit broken to be honest. Even if Pld could hold hate without losing it, it really wouldn't change the fact that alot of dd's can put out quite a bit more damage and with the right gear take about the same damage in return.

Everyone knows something is needed, but the real question is what would make a group -want- to take a Pld. If anything Pld needs something unique other then just being able to hold hate or a higher damage output. It's just in a difficult spot and I'm not sure what or if it can truly be fixed. =/
    (0)

Just on another note, I seriously have no idea what SE was thinking when it came to atonement. For Pld, atonement was a game changer at 75. With a joyeuse spamming an ok damage ws that really didn't get resisted really made the job shine a bit more in my opinion. Since the level caps atonement really took a nosedive to the point of not even making sense. There are better weapon skills out there now sure, but why would they make it do half damage to just about every new enemy? I suppose from a lore standpoint doing half "spirit" damage while "in another dimension" is goofy and all, but it still burns me for some reason.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    "Valorous" : Job ability or PLD-specific gear bonus that grants a sphere effect during combat that lowers enmity levels of all nearby party members while the PLD's enmity level increases.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2