Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

I know it's been said but...

I think more attention should try to be brought to the Last Stand point that has already been made.

It seems to me that THF's C+ in Marksmanship is been thrown to the wayside. Especially, so when compared to SAM's C+ in Archery. At level 75 having your best ammo that you could use being level 50 wasn't really that bad but now when your best ammo that you can possibly equip is around level 50. Well, that's just plain embarrassing. I don't see COR or RNG being left out of the daggers. And SAM isn't being left out of Bow's or Arrows. SAM even has access to the Relic bow and when was the last time you even saw a SAM using a bow? That's not my point though. My point is that if a SAM wanted to use a decent bow/arrow they could and they have the exact same skill for bow as THF does for Marksmanship and they have the exact same amount of use for a bow as THF does. If you're not going to give THF a viable option for using Last Stand then you might as well remove THF from the list and give us the option to merit something that's actually worth meriting.
    (12)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    As an avid SAM/RNG, I must intrude by saying bow upgrades have been somewhat lacking in their own right as I have addressed in my thread on Samurai Archery.

However, THF Marksmanship is hurting even more. Gunwise they have the Handgonne, first and only upgrade since LVL 72 Coffinmaker but can only use Lvl 50 Gold and Platinum Bullets. They do have access to Cannons but that is a very expensive alternative and dated too. THF marksmanship was primarily focused on crossbow anyway, and is sorely lacking there too. The Darkwing is low damage low delay and level 77, but bolts are still the lvl 20s status bolts.

I understand keeping the bolts, as the status inflictions are still quite effective, but virtually everywhere else, THF is due for an upgrade. New bolts would always be welcome too (Drain II perhaps?). I wouldn't go so far as to eliminate Marksmanship solely because we can't use Last Stand effectively though. As I mentioned, many still use status bolts quite effectively. Personally, I'm cheap though so I stick to Raiders Boomerang.
    (5)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    As an avid SAM/RNG, I must intrude by saying bow upgrades have been somewhat lacking in their own right as I have addressed in my thread on Samurai Archery.

However, THF Marksmanship is hurting even more. Gunwise they have the Handgonne, first and only upgrade since LVL 72 Coffinmaker but can only use Lvl 50 Gold and Platinum Bullets. They do have access to Cannons but that is a very expensive alternative and dated too. THF marksmanship was primarily focused on crossbow anyway, and is sorely lacking there too. The Darkwing is low damage low delay and level 77, but bolts are still the lvl 20s status bolts.

I understand keeping the bolts, as the status inflictions are still quite effective, but virtually everywhere else, THF is due for an upgrade. New bolts would always be welcome too (Drain II perhaps?). I wouldn't go so far as to eliminate Marksmanship solely because we can't use Last Stand effectively though. As I mentioned, many still use status bolts quite effectively. Personally, I'm cheap though so I stick to Raiders Boomerang.
    THF marksmanship is primarily about using bolts to add effects; not to be a primary source of damage. However, I agree that it should be improved upon.

At a minimum, a new line of bolts are in order, even if they repeat the same status ailments, they should come with a higher DMG raitng then their Lv40-and-below counterparts. Skill and AGI/INT? affecting the additional effects, etc etc....

Optionally, new Crossbows would be welcomed, but I think that THF is designed to primarily deal direct damage to mobs, so I don't think "too much" emphasis should be placed on the ranged attack aspect.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    [QUOTE=Delvish;323695]As an avid SAM/RNG, I must intrude by saying bow upgrades have been somewhat lacking in their own right as I have addressed in my thread on Samurai Archery./QUOTE]

I do apologize for my ignorance. I did not thoroughly look into how SAM archery had progressed I only took a brief glance at it and used it as an example but thank you for clarifying it for me and for the post. =D
    (0)

Player
    I want level 90 versions of Acid/Sleep/Blood bolts(Maybe 18% Defense Down/Longer Sleep/1.5-2.0x Blood Bolt potency). I always like using Xbow on THF for 99% of events(I figure the acid bolt proc adds more to not only the THF's DPS but also everyone else's DPS than 3% DW from boomerang would)
    (2)

As some of you mentioned, the original purpose of arrows and bolts for thief was not to deal high damage but to be able to impair enemies with the additonal effects. This is the reason why a higher level set of bolts/arrows was not added for thief.
    (11)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    As some of you mentioned, the original purpose of arrows and bolts for thief was not to deal high damage but to be able to impair enemies with the additonal effects. This is the reason why a higher level set of bolts/arrows was not added for thief.
    So we gave them guns then shitty bullets to tease them.

THF was given Last Stand as an option, soooo, how about lets use it.
    (7)
    Last edited by Washburn; 06-29-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Character
    Milva
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    There is a whole job called "Red Mage", whose ability to "impair enemies" is pointless in current game environment and shunned from all endgame activities. And it has debuffs much stronger in comparison to sleep/blind/poison lasting 10s from weak bolts.

tl;dr: THF marksmanship is useless. Fix it, please.
    (8)

Player
    so why do they get access to culverin...?
    (4)

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Culverin /+1 is decent. But handgonne is better, except youre stuck using lv 50 bullets. If the could have access to better ammo, last stand would be a viable option for a weapon skill.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast