Character
    Crucible
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Bazaar Restrictions

SE has already added additional Aby. NPCs to main city locations and additional sections of Jeuno. However, there still seems to be extreme congestion in specific zones, i.e. Port Jeuno. Many of the characters are AFK with items for sale in bazaar. You can't blame people for this because it is the primary area of traffic on the server now. The large number of people in the zone causes server congestion, game lag, and sometimes platform crashes on many machines. I was wondering if it is feasable to limit what bazaar items are available to be purchased by Jeuno zones. Example: Port jeuno wouldn't allow ancient currency to be sold but Lower Jeuno would. This would create a tiered system for the city that would let people know where to go to find certain items and spread out the characters into different zones. This is simular to the early attempts of AH zones that were implemented for FF14.
    (2)

This is an idea that could actually be remedied by the player base...but it would take some time for the idea to take hold and put into practice. Forcing it via a game mechanic may pose some problems with bazaars. For instance, I will have various items up as I'm running around. I rarely plop down in one place for bazaar purposes, yet I may have hundreds of thousands worth of items up for sale as I'm running around shopping/crafting, gearing up, etc. Some examples: home point is in PJ and I could be running across restricted zones to get to Magian Moogle, or to NPC rendezvous point, if I want to shop the bazaars, etc. and if someone wants an item I have up because of the price I am asking, they may have to follow me around in order to buy it, or depending on how the restriction is imposed, they may never see it unless I actually do plop my butt down in the required zone. It might ultimately wind up contributing to more congestion or even higher prices in the long run because it may potentially reduce the accessibility to certain items via the bazaar system.
    (1)
    Last edited by RAIST; 06-08-2012 at 02:27 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucibleff11 View Post
    SE has already added additional Aby. NPCs to main city locations and additional sections of Jeuno. However, there still seems to be extreme congestion in specific zones, i.e. Port Jeuno. Many of the characters are AFK with items for sale in bazaar. You can't blame people for this because it is the primary area of traffic on the server now. The large number of people in the zone causes server congestion, game lag, and sometimes platform crashes on many machines. I was wondering if it is feasable to limit what bazaar items are available to be purchased by Jeuno zones. Example: Port jeuno wouldn't allow ancient currency to be sold but Lower Jeuno would. This would create a tiered system for the city that would let people know where to go to find certain items and spread out the characters into different zones. This is simular to the early attempts of AH zones that were implemented for FF14.
    this is remedied by limiting the amount of characters that load on your client, as well as reducing your settings.
    and if you want to go to a place where bazaar-ing isn't welcomed, try whitegate.
    (0)

lol, well I'm all for bringing Rollan-Mart back...

If SE were to implement a change though I think I'd just ask that no bazaar's within 30 yalms of the Mog or AH.. Or bring back the bazaar fees which would drive people back to the older clusters of people like Rollan-Mart.

That said, I'd really hate to have AC mixed with other items in my bazaar but they couldn't all be sold in one spot when I afk them over night.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm all against bringing rolanmart back, because it was the stupidest idea ever concieved by the playerbase. The sole benefit was moving a crowd of afk ppl from one place to another.

The jeuno tax was SPECIFICALLY REMOVED to bring bazaars into town, because the whole reason people did the rolanmart thing in the first place (on Shiva it was batallia downs mart) was to evade the jeuno tax.

I'm wondering what the heck this has to do with localization though???
    (0)

Character
    Nyerieri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Don't ever add a "Bazzar" area like in Final Fantasy 14. To say that was a huge disappointment would be understating it
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyerieri View Post
    Don't ever add a "Bazzar" area like in Final Fantasy 14. To say that was a huge disappointment would be understating it
    You're wrong.

A dedicated Bazaar area with offline Bazaar retainers and searchable items would be amazing.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Nyerieri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    You're wrong.

A dedicated Bazaar area with offline Bazaar retainers and searchable items would be amazing.
    No sir, you're wrong. The one he is talking about in Final Fantasy 14 was a huge fail. Like I said, saying it was a huge disappointment would be understating it. If you don't play on some grandma PC you should be able to see bazzars fine.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    No sir, you're wrong. The one he is talking about in Final Fantasy 14 was a huge fail. Like I said, saying it was a huge disappointment would be understating it. If you don't play on some grandma PC you should be able to see bazzars fine.
    You're not even a good troll. 1/10
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The one he is talking about in Final Fantasy 14 was a huge fail.
    Calling one of FFXIV's most lauded features "a huge fail" tells me all I need to know about how seriously to take your opinion.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

11. 06-28-2012 03:40 AM