Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Revamping zones is what they've been doing for years now. Nobody likes it.
    IDK why people want new zones so badly. New content using the dozens of useless zones would be better than wasting resources on more new zones that wind up being useless.
    (4)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    IDK why people want new zones so badly. New content using the dozens of useless zones would be better than wasting resources on more new zones that wind up being useless.
    Something to explore. Something new. Some of my greatest memories are from getting to know my way through unknown territory and exploring new places, like the temple, jungle, Xarc/Uleg, QSC, Kuftal, Movalpolos, etc. and I'm very sure I'm not the only one.

I'm not saying I don't want content either. Just new zones with nothing happening is also pointless. What I want is a full-blown expansion. New areas, new storyline with missions, new city, new dungeons and possibly new endgame event. I realize that at the current stage it's unrealistic, even though it probably would be their best move. No matter how much this game is currently declining, just imagine how many people would come back if they heard about a new expansion. If it's any good it could potentially revive the entire game, which is still their best-selling game yet (with the highest number of subscriptions, too). It would be in their best interest, but they're too busy with trying to save their other product, just so they can clear their imagine of having produced a bad game.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Pain
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaych View Post
    Threads like this should keep being made until SE fixes these things. I am sick and tired of them presenting an idea and use years to implemeting it. And also not fixing current problems.
    We need to post these complaints on the XIV forums. The devs actually read, respond, and take action over there. Typically I just lurk but I'm sick of this shit too.
    (2)

Character
    Cahlum
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    SE really needs something absolutely massive at vanafest and from what we seen so far that stupid lion fight thing. It doesn't look like we gonna get it.

Cerberus is completely void of EU players now
    (2)

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    To see something different for once besides the same old Abyssea, Port Jueno, White Nostalgia walk?

Yeah i dont keep up with these forums too much, but all i'll say to all the responses to my posts, im entitled to my opinion, as you are <3 And XIV had nothing to do really with this games decline, XIV is XIV and not XI. Once again opinions.

What this game needs is new things, not reskins, new content that doesnt involve going back to places we went to for years before lolbyssea came along. Problem solver? Yoshida needs to clone himself and work on XI, orrrrr we can do what sensible people do when a game becomes boring, leave?
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Something to explore. Something new. Some of my greatest memories are from getting to know my way through unknown territory and exploring new places, like the temple, jungle, Xarc/Uleg, QSC, Kuftal, Movalpolos, etc. and I'm very sure I'm not the only one.

I'm not saying I don't want content either. Just new zones with nothing happening is also pointless. What I want is a full-blown expansion. New areas, new storyline with missions, new city, new dungeons and possibly new endgame event. I realize that at the current stage it's unrealistic, even though it probably would be their best move. No matter how much this game is currently declining, just imagine how many people would come back if they heard about a new expansion. If it's any good it could potentially revive the entire game, which is still their best-selling game yet (with the highest number of subscriptions, too). It would be in their best interest, but they're too busy with trying to save their other product, just so they can clear their imagine of having produced a bad game.
    New zones boil down to some brief exploration, whacking a few new monsters and then you never return to that place unless it's absolutely necessary via some event or partying gimmick. Abyssea-Grauberg and Vunkerl had me exploring those two zones far more than the originals precisely because the zones had something to do and plenty of something to keep me coming back.

Sure, new zones and a new expansion are the ideal but we haven't seen ideal since *insert your golden age here* and I'd much rather see zones like Monarch Linn, Boneyard Gully, Arrapago Reef, Riverne, Pso'xja, Castle Zvahl (S), Yuhtunga Jungle and the host of other currently empty and wasted zones tweaked into something people still sticking around can enjoy.

Focus the efforts on fun content I'd say and the zone it happens to occur in should be an afterthought - though some scenery changes would be nice.
    (2)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

1393 people online at 3:30pm on a Sunday here on Phoenix. I'd also like to avoid another merger.

SE needs to get off their butts and start marketing this game again. Its age is irrelevant because its still a good game at the core. Without advertising and putting out game disks (almost nobody has a copy of ffxi regardless of format) it's obvious SE is intentionally phasing out this game - really no other way to look at it.

Yes, we need new real zones/mobs/missions regarding those new zones.

It's depressing to come online, see 5 out of 70 friends made over the last 6 years are online - the rest have honestly retired due to lack of enjoyable content.

Please SE - add new content. Market this game again - keep new money coming in for your dev team and no new mergers if they can be avoided. Sell us a new expansion at the level of ToAU, even if it takes a couple years you can add it to the plans and string us along for years with just a promise of new content.

Or, do nothing. Ignore us. Watch our servers average users continue to drop and tell yourself "meh, it was gonna happen anyway'....

I want to walk into a new zone and well... lol, feel like this Taru:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-hno...ure=plpp_video

...well then again I'd like to see a crawler eat a Taru too but who's counting... lol
    (4)
    Last edited by Jile; 06-11-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    WTF was that video???
    (1)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5