Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Avatar Behavior Issues and Requests

Hey everyone!

We’ve received a couple reports of issues and requests about avatar behavior and I would like to pass on some comments regarding this.
    • The recast timer is activated when an enemy dies right before a Blood Pact is executed
      We will look into whether we can make it so the recast timer does not activate similar to how it would when a target moves out of range after executing a Blood Pact.

• Ramuh and Titan Blood Pact animations are not displayed
      When performing another action or regular attack just before finishing the Blood Pact animation it is possible that the animation is not properly displayed. This is difficult to address because the way animations are displayed can be different depending on the client and the animation may be interrupted at different timings.

• Enhancing effects that were dispelled with Lunar Roar are not displayed
      We definitely understand that it would be beneficial to display this so that you could check whether you removed the effects you were aiming for or not, however, work-load wise this will be a bit difficult to address right away due to the need to create two separate log messages for each type of enhancing effect in each of our supported languages.

• After summoning an avatar there is a short period of time where actions cannot be performed
      This isn’t just limited to avatars and can be seen with other pets as well, but the system was set so that actions cannot be performed for a period of time directly after summoning an avatar to prevent erroneous actions for taking place.

• There are times when alliance members can be targeted for Healing Ruby
      As a result of our investigation, we have determined that this phenomenon will occur under certain circumstances and are currently working to resolve the issue. Out of all Blood Pacts and pet commands, this phenomenon only occurs with Healing Ruby.

There are a lot of items which are difficult to address and require some confirming, but we will continue to look into the above and update you as we make progress.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    How about the issue where your pet dying, or you releasing it in a situation where there are multiple monsters, where some of which who have yet to procure emnity on anyone, make a beeline directly for the Summoner?

It's pretty easy to see the problem in action when fighting Jailer of Love when it summons a wave of three mobs. Release your pet while they are out and untouched, and they'll go directly for you even with you performing no action on them.

There is also the quirk where using Assault with an Elemental Spirit resets its recast timer, which are long enough as is.
    (8)

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    After summoning an avatar there is a short period of time where actions cannot be performed
    Heh, good times. Gotta love a mage sleeping an entire group of mobs, then having a Summoner call an avatar and watch it go off and poke an enemy awake despite repeated Retreat commands.

Hence why my LS repeatedly tell me to PUT AWAY THE ******* AVATAR anytime we do stuff that requires sleep.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    How about the issue where your pet dying, or you releasing it in a situation where there are multiple monsters, where some of which who have yet to procure emnity on anyone, make a beeline directly for the Summoner?

It's pretty easy to see the problem in action when fighting Jailer of Love when it summons a wave of three mobs. Release your pet while they are out and untouched, and they'll go directly for you even with you performing no action on them.

There is also the quirk where using Assault with an Elemental Spirit resets its recast timer, which are long enough as is.
    This... why would the dev team not address this... This is the biggest issue for SMN right now, along with any other pet job.
    (1)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    How about Lowering the capp of Blood rage timer to 30 sec (at least) ??

As for pact DMG it's well below what imo it should be
    @75 it was equal to a good WS from a heavy DD or heavy nuke.
    @99 it's equal to 30%-50% from a heavy DD/heavy nuke.

Kinda bored how SE gave use alot of useless buffs and increased our DMG marginally either way i do miss playing SMN back at lvl 75 and i just wish it would be relative to what it was back then.
    (6)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Here's one I have on occasion. If I use Assault and my pet is not where it is supposed to be due to poor pathing then my Assault timer is reset and my command has no effect. Why can't I simply get an error message instead? The Assault recast time isn't lengthy, but sometimes every second counts.

Also, why is the pathing so poor for Avatars and other pets? Why do they see a slight bump in the terrain that doesn't impede progress at all as an obstacle to path around? It's not as though this sort of non-static terrain was added after pets were implemented. They should have been coded with it in mind should they not?
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Also, why is the pathing so poor for Avatars and other pets? Why do they see a slight bump in the terrain that doesn't impede progress at all as an obstacle to path around? It's not as though this sort of non-static terrain was added after pets were implemented. They should have been coded with it in mind should they not?
    Pets follow the same pathfinding nodes the mobs do, it's just the way the server was programmed.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Pets follow the same pathfinding nodes the mobs do, it's just the way the server was programmed.
    They should at least fix Assault being wasted when the Avatar is out of range if they can't correct pathing. Just have it say <Pet> is out of range.
    (3)

Player
    The recast timer is activated when an enemy dies right before a Blood Pact is executed
    We will look into whether we can make it so the recast timer does not activate similar to how it would when a target moves out of range after executing a Blood Pact.
    Do the same for Restoring Breath and Smiting Breath too PLEASE!
    (5)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast