A Feast for Gnats

Okay, I give up. How exactly is anyone supposed to beat this unreasonably unfair quest? Let me list the problems I've been facing, so you have an idea of how frustrated I am so far.

1) It's nearly impossible to get backup for this mission-based quest. You have to have either beaten it already or be on the quest, meaning you can only side with other Windurst players. I'll leave it to your imagination how well quest shouts go in Jeuno unless you offer a significant reward.

2) Mihgo is worthless. She takes damage like crazy, has no survival instincts whatsoever, and incessantly finds the biggest group of mobs to run into. Every mob group she finds is always a good mile away from the Belfry.

3) The endless gigas' that spawn seem to home in on Mihgo, further reducing her already paltry HP and making it very difficult to keep her alive even with full time curing on WHM.

4) Crowd control is next to impossible. You can't use sleepga, breakga or any such spells with any degree of control (I abhor SE for giving us a weak version of Break instead of the NPC version which holds regardless damage taken, but I digress). There's no such thing as a "Provokega" so despite your finest efforts, there's no easy way to pull mobs off Mihgo's furry hide without dumping a humongous Blizzaja and awaiting the icy embrace of death as they come for you instead.

Basically, I've hit a brick wall with this quest. I can't progress beyond it because I can't find anyone either willing or ABLE to help me with it, thanks to the stupid entrance criteria, and I've come to the end of my tether trying to devise working strategies for it.

Has anyone successfully soloed this? If so, how did you go about it and what recommendations do you have?
    (4)

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The way to do it at 75 (or 80 at the time i don't remember) was to hundred fist to death the Confederate Belfry before Mihgo dies.
    A mnk 99 with empy should be able to storm it in a blink of an eye while you try to keep her alive. (icarus wing recommended)
    You have to find a mnk, that narrows your search i hope.
    (1)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

I think I did it with 3, or well, 2 and a ½ (“dual-boxing”), and I guess we took the hard way about it. Laraul for example has uploaded a video to youtube soloing it as a Samurai, indeed just running for the Belfry.

I, for one, would gladly assist, but alas, I'm on Fenrir. ^^;
    I enjoyed all of that which is the Wings of the Goddess, and would likely not pass a chance to fight in any of the related battles again!

Such fond memories...
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Alistaire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiowan View Post
    1) It's nearly impossible to get backup for this mission-based quest. You have to have either beaten it already or be on the quest, meaning you can only side with other Windurst players. I'll leave it to your imagination how well quest shouts go in Jeuno unless you offer a significant reward.
    Edit: nvm, skimmed and didn't read about needing to be on the quest.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alistaire; 06-12-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They really really need to do for WotG battlefields what they did for the add-on scenarios. It'd be OK if WotG was all on one set path for everyone, but when you create optional paths like this you need to be a little more lenient into who can access what battlefields.
    (4)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°ĸ

I'm unsure of the reason really. Sure, the add-ons have less of a story, but it's sort of a spoiler nevertheless.

All in all, I would encourage anyone and everyone to do all of them quests. I, for one, enjoyed all of the stories, not that they rival the old ones, sure they are quite cliché'd, but I was entertained, and I think that is what counts. Some of my best memories only because I did them with the closest of friends available (which is basically the only reason I ever really enjoyed this game in the first place).
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    How exactly is anyone supposed to beat this unreasonably unfair quest?
    Go as whatever job you have that can deal the most damage to a single target in the shortest period of time; kill that Belfry dead before the monsters kill Mihgo. Leave everything else alone, just kill the Belfry ASAP.

Unless your only jobs are White Mage and Black Mage, you probably have something at level 99 that can kill the Belfry with time to spare. Twenty-four levels later, it is pretty frail.
    (2)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You have to have either beaten it already or be on the quest, meaning you can only side with other Windurst players.
    This is untrue. The storyline quests aren't like the present-time rank missions; they're available to anyone regardless of nation affiliation. I'm currently allied to Windurst in the past and have fully completed the Bastok and San D'Oria storylines, but not Windurst's. It is possible to solo this with 2hr on BLU, but I was unsuccessful because I fumbled some macros, so a friend of mine (also on BLU) came out and we just spell-zerged it down. Good luck (if you haven't already beat this)!
    (1)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN