Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VanaFest 2012 Live Stream Schedules

VanaFest 2012 is drawing ever nearer and the Community Team is working at full speed to get everything prepared to bring the fun and excitement of VanaFest into the comfort of your own homes! As previously mentioned, Bayohne and I will be broadcasting live from the venue, giving a breakdown of the dev panels, history panel, and showcasing all the other activities that take place. All of you will be able to watch both the main stage stream (this will only be provided in Japanese) as well as the Community Team stream (English). So with that said, we’ve gone ahead and prepared a comprehensive schedule that gives the times for both of these streams side-by-side.

Even when we are not streaming (annotated by "OFFLINE" in the schedule) we will still be giving updates via Twitter, the forum, and other means, so everyone can follow along with the main stage content in real-time (or as close to humanly possible!).

I can tell you that we have been looking over the announcements here at the office and the excitement is already through the roof. Take a look at the schedule and starting making plans to check out the streams! You won’t want to miss a second of it!

*Schedules are in PDT.

*Please note that schedules are subject to change
    (7)
    Last edited by Bayohne; 06-21-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Camate-san,

I can understand needing time to properly translate between the "Live" Dev talk sessions and the community stream, but is theree a reason why community stream members will not be able to enjoy the music performances?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    Camate-san,

I can understand needing time to properly translate between the "Live" Dev talk sessions and the community stream, but is theree a reason why community stream members will not be able to enjoy the music performances?
    We will have the streams playing side-by-side, so when we are offline, you will still be able to watch the main stage events. The actual reason the Community Team stream is offline during the concerts is so you can all enjoy the concert content on the main stage stream. It's music, so basically no translation should be necessary. We can update what's going on via twitter or other means if necessary though
    (5)

Character
    Raucent
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

Even when we are not streaming (annotated by "OFFLINE" in the schedule) we will still be giving updates via Twitter, the forum, and other means, so everyone can follow along with the main stage content in real-time (or as close to humanly possible!).

I can tell you that we have been looking over the announcements here at the office and the excitement is already through the roof. Take a look at the schedule and starting making plans to check out the streams! You won’t want to miss a second of it!

*Please note that schedules are subject to change
    Agreed Llana the Performances would be great to even listen to
    (1)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We will have the streams playing side-by-side, so when we are offline, you will still be able to watch the main stage events. The actual reason the Community Team stream is offline during the concerts is so you can all enjoy the concert content on the main stage stream. It's music, so basically no translation should be necessary. We can update what's going on via twitter or other means if necessary though
    Thanks for the clarification!

One more point though: although translating the music itself may not be an issue, the introductions/closing remarks or other MC comments during music presentations might... I don't know how the event is scripted, but I like to be able to enjoy every detail of an event, so please look into this as well (a twitter feed update to MC scripts will be fine).
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

We will be doing our best to cover the entire event so if even if you don't speak Japanese you will be able to fully enjoy it

We will definitely be using twitter to give updates during the concert so our voices do not disturb the beautiful music
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So I have to ask, but are we going to be able to participate in the live mog bonanza this year?
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Those times are Pacific, I presume?
    (0)

Character
    Yurai
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Very excited to chillax and watch the stream this year. I was hoping you guys would appear on-stage for that other Vana Con where they revealed level cap increases. "And this is our NA Community Team!" (Crowd goes wild)!
    (0)
    Yurai of Odin, BlueHat Linkshell.
    Monk. White Mage. Awesome.
    Auspice and Boost-AGI are your friends. Please use them!

Character
    Freebytes
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I actually noticed Project XI under the "History" panel on there. This is in no way related to the user created client that was canceled a few years back, right?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast