Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Suspended World Merger... Character Creation too?

My friend has been trying to join FFXI since the start March 6th and Cannot join Odin's Server due to the suspended Character Creation relating to the World Merge.

So far the World Merge has been pushed back from March 16th -> Mid April Update -> ???. Is there any chance of reinstating the Character Creation before the Unknown Update?

I'd like for him to be able to play when the servers come back up without having to eventually pay a $25 fee to transfer to Odin.
    (0)

Player
    Pay $1/mo to add an account and play the game on his server until the merge. Give him everything and delete your char when done.
    (0)

The merge is probably going to happen pretty soon after the servers get back up. I would just wait the week or two that we'd be looking at.

The character creation is disabled because during the first time when server merges happened, some people would grief others by creating characters on the receiving worlds that would conflict with the names of those who would join that world, forcing them to change their names.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 03-17-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas
    Pay $1/mo to add an account and play the game on his server until the merge
    He doesnt want to put effort into that game thats just gonna be erased later on...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    The merge is probably going to happen pretty soon after the servers get back up. I would just wait the week or two that we'd be looking at.
    They just announced the merge/update will now be mid May. Which is gonna be a good 2.5 months away. There is no way my friend is gonna hold interest that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    The character creation is disabled because during the first time when server merges happened, some people would grief others by creating characters on the receiving worlds that would conflict with the names of those who would join that world, forcing them to change their names.
    Yeah i realized why they did it. I just wish instead they could extend the don't steal a players name from YOU CANT CREATE CHARACTERS to We've added the names if the merging server to the list of names you cannot create on the destination server...
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Why was teh character not made on Odin in the first place?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Why was teh character not made on Odin in the first place?
    Until the server merges are complete, players cannot create new characters on the destination worlds. It's a measure to circumvent all the tomfoolery that happened on the destination worlds before the first server merges around this time last year.
    (0)

Player
    why don't he start on a non-merging server & you get him a world-pass when the merge takes place?
    just a thought not even sure if it will work...... ^^

NightDagger
    Server - Lakshmi
    (0)

Player
    World Passes have since got extinct. What they used to do is allow a player to Specify which World they wanted to join before SE implemented this functionality regularly.

It does not allow him to transfer his character from one server to another. In order to do that he would have to pay $25 to come to Odin still. It's gonna be hard enough convincing him that after 30 Abyssea would be a good investment let alone a $25 fee just to play when the servers are back up.
    (0)

it is best to just wait till all this crazy has settled down, and SE does the merger.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Character creation suspention and world merger delays are for entirely different reasons. Completely unrealted.
    You said he hasn't even started yet? Not seeing the harm then or then waiting.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast