Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Puppet Damage

Player

Puppet Damage

I love Puppetmaster, and the way it used to be, the Automaton was the biggest source of damage (or at least a close tie even with Stringing Pummel) on BLM and RNG frame (sometimes Valoredge lol) Nowadays, in abyssea, I'm busting out 2.7-3.5k Victory Smites and my puppet is doing 700-ish WS's and about 1k-ish max nukes.

My skills aren't capped yet, I think my highest nuke on my automaton is Aero V(?) and I can't remember my ranged/melee skill, but I know that's not capped either. I'll list my gear and usual atmas below, but I just wanted to ask what other people's WS/Spell damage was, what's the highest that they've seen/done, and if anyone has any advice to raise damage or if the automaton is simply stuck with bad numbers.

BLM frame:
    H2H: MAAC+10 (Magian in progress)
    Mirke Body: MACC/MAB+7
    Desultor Pants: Pet MAAC+7
    Pantin Babouches (also have AF3+1 for INT+10, but don't use them)
    Cirque Earring
    Atma: Beyond, MM, Ultimate

WS:
    Mirke Body: ATK/RATK+15
    Cirque Hat
    C. Hands
    C. Legs
    Nitid Choker: ATK+2
    Cirque Earring
    Atma: RR, VV, SA/GH
    (0)

Character
    Frejan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    My Sancho is doing 5.5k Blizzard Vs with MM/Beyond/Ultimate, and the only equipment that boosts Automaton magic I have are the MAB Taipan Fangs +2 (10 MAB), Cirque Legs +1 (5 magic skill) and Cirque Scarpe +1 (10 Int).

Of course, that's with 3x Ice maneuvers and both Loudspeakers and the Ice Maker, but I'm still wondering why you don't get higher Aero Vs.
    (0)
    Frejan from Ragnarok, at your service.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Not trying to be rude, but for someone with Victory Smite, you must have been pretty poorly geared before abyssea and have slacked off on the pet since then. Pre-abyssea it was about 50/50 master/pet damage, with just spell haste it went to 75/25 master/pet. Although since abyssea, the masters gear has gotten so much better that Id wager outside of abyssea its closer 65/35 master/pet now with no spell haste and 85/15 with.

Like timemage said, if you want the blm to pwn in abyssea, you need to give it the atma to do so. RR/VV/GH/SA do nothing for the blm. I only have MM/Beyond for nukes and I still push out 4k blizzard Vs with no pet casting gear (aside from cirque legs/boots+2)

Ice maker + loudspeaker 1 AND 2 will see the most damage. Tranquilizer isnt needed really anymore.

As for your automaton. 700 is average/high for valoredge, but way low for sharshooter, which should be at 1500 with just rr,vv,gh/sa. You can bump it up to the 2000 damage range but the use of atma kinda bumps you down a peg on DD.
    (0)

Don't forget the magic attack/magic skill boost you can get with merits.
    (0)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Player
    PUP was a job I soloed more for fun and was never my main, so yes, it was rare that I partied or geared for much beside solo pre-abyssea, and it wasn't top of the line gear, but it was a lot better than some lolPUPs I saw. Now that gear is easier to obtain, my PUP is geared fairly well, working on AF+2 and capping skills atm. I have max merits for PUP as well (forgot to mention that above- 5/5 Optimization and 3/5 Fine Tuning) As I did mention, I do use different atma for Mage and other frames, as well as Loudspeaker 1& 2 for Mage frame (forgot about Ice Maker, so I'll have to try and see). I really think it must just be my uncapped skill causing my gimp damage- either that or Comedie is broken
    (0)

Valor has really good DOT, haven't tried my Rng pup in a good minute but I will when things are back up again. My mage pup Nukes on average 3k-5k+ pretty consistently. In fact I have about.

For Spiritweaver I use Beyond MM and Ultimate.. sometimes, depending on what im doing Ill use an HP regain atma instead of Mini, because i like to activate and reactivate when building lights on mobs.

Gear for BLM pet
    H2H: MAAC+10
    Mirke Body: MACC/MAB+7 (redoing ACP fight for the body)
    Cirque Pantaloni +2
    Pantin Babouches
    Cirque Earring

As far as attachments for BLM pet goes, you should be using...
    Economizer
    Mana tank II
    Mana Converter
    Mana Conserever
    Optic Fiber
    Auto repair Kit
    Mana channeler
    Loud speaker
    Loud speaker II
    Condenser
    Ice Maker
    Tranquilzer
    (0)
    To give up before you are done means you lose before you even started.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyoshi View Post
    As far as attachments for BLM pet goes, you should be using...
    Economizer
    Mana tank II
    Mana Converter
    Mana Conserever
    Optic Fiber
    Auto repair Kit
    Mana channeler
    Loud speaker
    Loud speaker II
    Condenser
    Ice Maker
    Tranquilzer
    depends if your talking inside abyssea our outside.

In abyssea:
    Mana tank I & II (More max mp = more casts before aspir, if you get low enough to have economizer go off you should just DAD)

Optic Fiber
    Auto repair Kit

Loud speaker
    Loud speaker II
    Ice Maker
    (cant use tranq with these 3 already, and these are the 3 you will want)

Mana channeler
    Condenser (if you have farsetto+2 you can drop this since you probably already have af gloves and buffon collar)
    (0)

Character
    Frejan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    In abyssea macc is totally and absolutely worthless as long as you equip one or two macc atmas, which coincidentally are some of the best mage atmas around: Ultimate for the awesome 50 mab and macc, and MM for 50 int (which should be about 25 macc).
    (0)
    Frejan from Ragnarok, at your service.

Character
    Luckycharmss
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    always make sure your Capped Frames no matter how long it takes u always stay capped im doin around 6.4kish Bliz V i have pics on ffxiah. its all about capping aswell as keeping your gear sharp as possible
    (0)

Character
    Luckycharmss
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Savlyn View Post
    I love Puppetmaster, and the way it used to be, the Automaton was the biggest source of damage (or at least a close tie even with Stringing Pummel) on BLM and RNG frame (sometimes Valoredge lol) Nowadays, in abyssea, I'm busting out 2.7-3.5k Victory Smites and my puppet is doing 700-ish WS's and about 1k-ish max nukes.

My skills aren't capped yet, I think my highest nuke on my automaton is Aero V(?) and I can't remember my ranged/melee skill, but I know that's not capped either. I'll list my gear and usual atmas below, but I just wanted to ask what other people's WS/Spell damage was, what's the highest that they've seen/done, and if anyone has any advice to raise damage or if the automaton is simply stuck with bad numbers.

BLM frame:
    H2H: MAAC+10 (Magian in progress)
    Mirke Body: MACC/MAB+7
    Desultor Pants: Pet MAAC+7
    Pantin Babouches (also have AF3+1 for INT+10, but don't use them)
    Cirque Earring
    Atma: Beyond, MM, Ultimate

WS:
    Mirke Body: ATK/RATK+15
    Cirque Hat
    C. Hands
    C. Legs
    Nitid Choker: ATK+2
    Cirque Earring
    Atma: RR, VV, SA/GH
    ok im just gonna take a guess your useing NQ h2hs for Victory Smite. Im useing Verethragna's. doing about 5.5 some 8kish depending on mob of course.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast