Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pup help

pup help

hi i am planning on leveling my pup when ff11 is back up and wondering if anyone could help me understand it more example things like what best stats for them and gear?
    (0)
    Forget the past. Ignore the future. Enjouy the pressent.

Character
    Cruxus
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    All depends on how you plan on playing pup, tbh.

When I lvl'd pup there were plenty of people around to do full exp parties and the such, where as now there seems to be less in the way of actual low level exp parties, and more solo/duo/trio'ing going on. In both situations you'd want to gear yourself differently, full blown exp parties focus on acc/att (gl finding attack gear at low levels though), where as if you plan on doing solo exp you prob would want an even mix of acc/att with a slightly more emphasis on evasion depending on how high you plan to hunt especially with the new exp calculations making easier mobs more worthwhile.

While actual job adjustments have been made to the job, gear additions are slim pickings for the low to mid range levels from what I've seen (been max lvl pup for long time now...haven't really spent too much time browsing low level gear). If you're looking for some in-depth advice on a level range basis, might wanna check out wiki, they have some good gear/camp suggestions for soloing, as well as advice on several matters (which frame to pick first Sharpshot > Mage > Melee) and such.
    (0)

ok thank you very mutch for the advice ^^
    (0)

When you start PUP, you want to stick static with /mnk and use h2h until 20. After that, there's all kinds of things you can do.

Alot of ppl switch to /dnc so they can solo more. Me personally, I stayed /mnk 'till 40 as a mithra. You want str and dex if you're planning to stick melee.

For your automaton, do your best to unlock the new models at or around 10, 20, and 30, then, if you want the alternate heads, at 40 and 50 they become available. Also, invest in as many attachments as you can get, atleast starting out with the ones from Yoyoroon in Nashmau.
    (0)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

thank you ^^ i have been farming attachments from hilltroll pup and its a anouyin drop rate got like 5 more left to get from them.
    (0)

Character
    Orenwald
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    I personally did /MNK till 25 (when PUP gets natural Martial Arts) then switched to /WAR. I got the mage at Lv.10 and had it cure bot for me.... good time
    (0)

Character
    Shakuzen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    It really does appear to be quite a fun job to play, perhaps i'll level it too...
    They say that PUPs can solo ITs and the like, can anyone perhaps tell me some of the methods of PUP soloing?
    Or is it just a solo tank and spank + a trash can to blow HP into you by raising its arms? =D (cure bombing puppet)
    (0)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've had my mage puppet do some nice melee damage with it's individual hits + WS. It's not the best DD when it comes to melee of course but it's not horrendous, at least to me. But if your on your game, you can pop fire manuevers to help it's damage and then lights when your needing cures. Otherwise water for more debuffs, earth to help it's defense (and if you have the attachment) Stoneskin so that it doesn't get hurt as much. Then there's the 3-9 MP per tick with dark manuevers. All of this is if you have the right attachments though.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    I've had my mage puppet do some nice melee damage with it's individual hits + WS. It's not the best DD when it comes to melee of course but it's not horrendous, at least to me. But if your on your game, you can pop fire manuevers to help it's damage and then lights when your needing cures. Otherwise water for more debuffs, earth to help it's defense (and if you have the attachment) Stoneskin so that it doesn't get hurt as much. Then there's the 3-9 MP per tick with dark manuevers. All of this is if you have the right attachments though.
    There's a wind attachment so it has shadows. Not had it myself, but it's either like nin shadows or blink, but everyone that's used it has told me it's great for sharpshot and magic models going offensive who pull sudden hate with big nukes/shots.

If this helps any, sharpshot is your ideal first automaton to unlock purely for skill reasons. You can wait to unlock it like I'm being forced to on my second PUP toon, but expect to level that ranged using too weak mobs as your personal punching bags. Atleast until they stop giving skillup.
    (0)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Character
    Miyazakii
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    If this helps any, sharpshot is your ideal first automaton to unlock purely for skill reasons. You can wait to unlock it like I'm being forced to on my second PUP toon, but expect to level that ranged using too weak mobs as your personal punching bags. Atleast until they stop giving skillup.
    I agree the Ranged Frame should be your first frame that you unlock due to the fact that skilling up takes forever. Also I recommend looking into getting some friends for Targeting the Captain. Sadly, very few people still do this fight and obtaining the last few attachments is going to be difficult. They are worth obtaining when you have the chance to get them.

One last thing about leveling pup, make sure that you gear yourself for multiple situations. Make sure to get evasion gear set it does come in handy. But, also look into getting good gear for your level. The JSE body at lvl 50 is really good for a few levels. Remember to have fun while leveling up Pup and don't burn yourself out.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast