Thread: Parrying on COR

Character
    Hrasvelg
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    COR Lv 75

Parrying on COR

In my opinion, I'm happy corsairs have A- in parrying (matching them with ninja, thief, and samurai). I love soloing as a COR/NIN.

Ninja has multiple shadows and high evasion (A-) to work with.
    Thieves have insane evasion (A+) and job traits that add on to this.
    Samurai, well, I don't see many of them as /NIN anymore, sadly, but that Seigan and Third Eye are pretty nice.
    I think it would make more sense if COR got a little bonus to parrying. It could be a really good strong point with them.

With that in mind I'd like to offer the following suggestions:

Job Ability
    lvl 72: Duelist's Roll/Pirate Roll - Enhances parrying for party members within area of effect. (Similar to Ninja Roll)

Job Trait
    lvl 55: Fencer (Hard to believe that BRD has this, but way to go BRD!)
    lvl 77: Tactical Parry

These are the only bonuses I've been wanting for COR (mostly the parry roll) since the announcement of the level cap increase. I would like to know how the community feels about this.

Also, I know a lot of CORs use /DNC and I am happy that it totally works out for them.
    Yes I am aware of it, but I absolutely hate /DNC and wouldn't be caught dead with it (on any main job for that matter). Please try to ignore my feelings for /DNC when evaluating my suggestion.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I find myself /sam very often on cor but I also enjoy parry when I get the chance to melee. It's very fun that COR has a nice skill rating in it. I like your ideas, especially the roll... it would be cool to parry even more.
    (1)

Character
    Bishopward
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    COR Lv 91
    It's cool I suppose, I don't really do much solo'n on cor, and if I do it's kiting, so the parrying doesn't really help me much. But great ideas for those who do solo. Still ass defense and find myself in trouble alot with hp, which is why I do go /dnc a lot when I do solo.
    (0)

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Parrying saved my pirate booty many times xD would be nice to have a boost to our highest skill! Fencer and TacParry sound cool(and reasonable).
    (1)

Player
    Parrying is a nice passive means of def but i would like to see some active def on cor right now the only thing they have is a sleep shot. Off the top of my head how about a random def buff such as you can get SS, darn spikes, um.. shadows from a random ja.
    (1)