Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast

Thread: NEO Nyzul 2.0

Character
    Lenrei
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I see alot of player comes with kikugosaku widowmaker and most ppl dont wana spend gil to buy powder boots they dont have set of temp items and they dont listen most like "dont tell me what to do" type of ppl
    (0)

Player
    You can't downplay the 'skill' involved then say perle/pink dds aren't winning it no matter how hard they try. Having skilled and well geared players is going to raise your chances of winning due to clearing kill all/specified floors faster. It simply doesn't help with lamps/pathos.
    (1)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 07-11-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    You can't downplay the skill involved then say perle/pink dds aren't winning it no matter how hard they try. Having skilled and well geared players is going to raise your chances of winning due to clearing kill all/specified floors faster. It simply doesn't help with lamps/pathos.
    You made the classic mistake of confusing "skill" with "gear". An idiot with an augmented HQ Adaberk and a 99 Rag is still an idiot and will cause you to fail. You also made both straw-man and false dichotomy fallacies. Stop trolling for confrontation.

I never said there wasn't "any" skill, only that there isn't much skill once your past the initial learning curve. Once you get moving through floors down it's all luck. Moving through floors isn't hard, its just learning which NM is which and how to rapidly scan through mobs to determine the specified enemy / leader / family. Learning how to quickly move through rooms and identify lamps and call them out. Of course lamps in general suck, an 5-lamp order floor will pretty much instantly sink your 100 run (without ninja techniques).

I also said that you don't need extreme damage, aka 4 super relic DD's. The four melee's you do bring must be well geared as there is a damage threshold you must meet. Going beyond that won't help you much as your bottleneck becomes movement and not damage. See my above example, going from a Rag DRK to a Almace BLU is a step down in raw damage power. The additional utility and multiple damage types gained by doing that was worth more then the loss in raw damage. Bringing along a DRG is less pure damage then another DRK / WAR / MNK, yet it also brings a damage type that neither DRK nor WAR tend to have, piercing. Your single biggest damage block will be the multitude of flans and jelly's you end up having to fight. Those are the mobs that will slow your DRK's, MNKs and WAR's down but a DRG (or any piercing melee) tears them apart. Thus right when your two heaviest DD's lose their offensive edge, your lessor DD suddenly gains it which results in faster kills. Of course the damage increase from a 5/5 Angon with augmented relic +2 isn't to be trifled with on the NMs. That evil PDT flan everyone hates, our WAR chunks a 5/5 hawk with augmented +2 relic right as we engage, it dies within 10 ~ 15 seconds (depending on our TP).

Its those things that people need to learn to do. Adjust your tactics based on whatever F8cked up sh!t that SE throws at you.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    No, I didn't really. Knowing how to gear oneself is apart of skill. It doesn't matter how much you believe in happiness and rainbows, you still acknowledge subpar dds are not clearing nyzul at all.

How is finishing the objective faster not helping... There is movespeed gear/powder boots/sprinter's for increased speed and many strats tend to leave a sch at rune or have one person with movespeed+powder on the ready anyway.

Drg still won't be very useful or desired for Nyzul, nor will Nin. Sam can bring piercing if you're that adamant about bringing it.

Both mnk and war can bypass the damage resistance of slimes.

EDIT: Please post this list of common monsters in nyzul weak to piercing that won't be felled in a matter of seconds from slashing damage. There isn't anything particularly special about piercing that warrants having to bring it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 07-12-2012 at 03:30 AM.

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think Pup can contribute about the same as a mnk lol. Don't go draggin them down haha. Pup destroy fodder mobs alot faster than mnk. I use both with all the best gear except thaumas, and pup destroys.
    (0)

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    #1: Create a option to automatically go "up ??? after an objective is completed" that we can "turn off/on", then we can turn off when we're so close to a Boss floor. then this will become "the time" wherein we'll need to go back to Rune to active it. (Sprinter's drink)

#2: Remove order/same time lamps and their horrid 30sec cooldown.

#3: wake up Square Enix; we all (Company + players) need more players. Neo Nyzul is the kind of event that will make people take a break to wait for new gears. /waitforseekersofadoulin type of thing.

This is my input, we really need to do with 6 ppl and not with 5
    (3)
    Last edited by Waldrich; 07-13-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Player
    DRG is actually amazing in Neo Nyzul. I'm 15/15 on the gear and I went exclusively DRG. Jumps for instant TP, Stardiver does like 2.5-3k+ to most mobs, Angon is amazingly useful for Leaders or Bosses, can restoring breath for 1k-1.5k instantly when melees are in trouble and the SCH is out of range or silenced, Smiting Breath does almost 2k to Flans if you have Empathy/EXP bonus on the Wyvern, close to 3k with Deep Breathing, Ancient Circle rocks for Wyvern/Puk/Dahak floors, can Super Jump over Tribulation/Boss's Stun moves/Amnesia so when you land you'll be the only non-impaired DD to either finish the mob off or use a Cleric's Drink. Did I mention the Wyvern has pretty decent DPS on DC mobs? Hien was hitting for 100-120 to most mobs.
    (3)

Player
    I advocate 3 two handers, 2 schs and a BLU. BLU is really useful for the following reasons:

1) With Almace they pull off 2-3k CDCs easy.
    2) Dream Flower gears/adds on lamp floors or NMs that might be problematic(Waraxe Beak) without making the SCH have to shift Addendums(annoying/waste of strategem if Enlightenment isn't up)
    3) Self SC CDC>Amorphic is like 6-7k burst of damage.
    4) CA QC does like 4k
    5) BLU can run up to a cluster of mobs and CA/Efflux Whirl of Rage for 2.5k aoe+long stun.
    6) Sudden Lunge is like a 12 second stun, amazing for Soulflayers/Chariots
    7) Delta Thrust's -10TP/tick plague is amazing for leaders/bosses
    8) While other DDs are hitting for 80 and doing 500 dmg ws to Cardamom Custard, BLU can spam 4-5k Requiescats.
    9) Can oneshot most trash mobs with a Heavy Strike or a few swings+Delta Thrust.
    10) Winds of Promyvion is indispensable, 2 second cast AoE Erase for almost no MP, saves the SCH strategems. Amazing for removing Soulflayer's Bio or Chariot's Bindga.
    (5)

Player
    I can't even begin on how wrong some of those statements are.
    (1)

Character
    Ica
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    I can't even begin on how wrong some of those statements are.
    Care to elaborate which?
    (0)

Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast