Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67

Thread: NEO Nyzul 2.0

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Fupafighter View Post
    I think he still isn't winning lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I myself haven't done NNI recently because I am making a new static with better people, and have been taking the time to make sure we have the right gear to get it done as best we can. In either case it has nothing to do with my complaint.
    This is the guy that wants to bring red mage to nyzle. ANd red mage can keep on par with damage with a blue mage.
    This again... Heres an old post of mine from this thread a good... 25 pages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fupafighter View Post
    Once again, if this event required skill, they would make the drops luck based like they used to be. Then we would be bitching our skill isn't giving us reward (VW). NO NO NO red mage CANNOT melee even close to as efficient as a heavy DD or a dnc nin thf mnk pup blu. They're an enfeebling master. That's what they're designed to do. So stop saying it can. I had a melee rdm, it didn't work. What do you seriously want them to do to this event? How the hell would they make it "skill based"? How would they make it "skill" based without making it extremely easy for the current setups of sch x2 4 heavy DD? YOu want them to make it so you can go in with 6 bst and clear content no problem and get the best gear in the game, using said "skill" of pressing 4 buttons. Or 6 red mages "meleeing" fodder mobs. So much skill right. Give me good suggestions and the dev team good suggestions on how not to break the event and make it too easy on 2 SCH 4 heavy DD setups while making it managable for other random job setups to do the event and I will be satisfied.
    READ THIS

I am not saying necessarily my RDM should be able to do NNI (Don't get me wrong, I would like it to be able to, meleeing I tend to out damage most other LDDs and some HDDs and none of my other jobs beat it in damage) I'm saying something other than just 4HDDs & 2SCH should be able to. The fact they made it so limited is just flat out stupid, your excluding what is basically 75% of jobs from participation, I know everyone has the ease of getting anything they want to 99 in 1~5 days, but that doesn't make it right that everyone is be limited to 5 choices they might not even like or enjoy just to get some gear for a different job.
    Lets look at that again...

I am not saying necessarily my RDM should be able to do NNI
    Get your head out of your ass for 10 seconds and read my post and you might actually understand something! I said, many times, I do not expect RDM to do NNI, I understand it can't, you want to know 1 main reason above all else?
    Its not hard to read. Its fairly simple, not hard to grasp. It gets annoying that you take my words out of context every time this subject pops up and you feel like speaking out. In either case, I know how to do NNI, and already said I made a new static and am making sure the people in it are geared up for it. The point still stands, I could go win 15 runs in a row, starting today, and I wouldn't think any different, I would say I was lucky. I could go with a perfect 40/60% win/loss rate, still would say its luck.

If anyone can explain how the layout & contents of a floor, along with pathos, does not effect your run because your skilled, by all means, do. I however think that no matter how skilled you are, large floors, soulflayer floors, and bad jumps, are a massive screw over, not to mention when WS pathos pops up at the worst times, like NM floors, or boss floors.

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Luck based for NNI doesn't mean it's "bad", considering everything in MMO, or at least everything in FFXI are 99% luck based.
    If you don't like luck based, then you may as well not play an MMO.
    In most cases, luck is simple, its only 1 thing that is random that reflects your rewards, and the battle itself is normally put down to skill alone. NNI for you to win, you go through the luck part and will definitely get something if you win. The major difference here is skill doesn't pop up except to mitigate the luck, more luck, more floors you complete, more jumps you make, and thus better odds of winning because bad jumps or floors have less of a chance of stopping you cold.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Wish is talking out their 5th point of contact, he's the pole SCH, the one without secret ninja magic. Without secret ninja magic your talking less then 5% win rate, heck I'd say somewhere in the 1~2% win rate.
    No, no, no, no, no. Did you even watch videos I posted beyond the first? 75% of the time I am not the rune SCH. My group has a 40% win rate without secret magic or any other BS excuse you're trying to claim. This event is simple: Good players win, Bad players don't. Become a good player and you will clear this content in a few weeks. My group clears 20 floors on average and won 7 and lost 9 or 10. Suck less, quit making excuses, etc.

Part 1: http://youtu.be/zfSsZS60DjI
    Part 2: http://youtu.be/4Pd4FDemLOM

And Demon, youre just bad, I dont even care, suck less and you'll win, that simple.
    (0)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 09-09-2012 at 02:37 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I've already seen your vid's wish, their just you running around by yourself most of the time. Your group is running incredibly slow, at least on camera. The floors are so large that it takes ages to run to the bottom and get the last specified family, and god help you if you get kill all and it's that big. There are a number of things that spell instant fail. It's rather strange, of all the crying about NNI the ~ONLY~ "video" is a pole SCH running around by themselves claiming that their simply "better" then everyone else. Only way you have a 40% "win rate" is your melee's have attended the azure underwear school of secret ninja techniques.

Now what's really happening, your melee's are using secret ninja magic and lots of it. As one of the SCH's you don't need any of it, just powder boots. For lamps they will plant you at one and tell you when to fire it off cause they know the order.

You may be able to BS the pleebs out there, but having done a metric f*ck ton of NNI to get members of my LS gear I know your BSing. Most others who regularly do NNI know your BSing. We realize you don't want it nerfed as you and our group are most likely using it for mercing, and that would be bad for business.
    (13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    No, no, no, no, no. Did you even watch videos I posted beyond the first? 75% of the time I am not the rune SCH. My group has a 40% win rate without secret magic or any other BS excuse you're trying to claim. This event is simple: Good players win, Bad players don't. Become a good player and you will clear this content in a few weeks. My group clears 20 floors on average and won 7 and lost 9 or 10. Suck less, quit making excuses, etc.

Part 1: http://youtu.be/zfSsZS60DjI
    Part 2: http://youtu.be/4Pd4FDemLOM

And Demon, youre just bad, I dont even care, suck less and you'll win, that simple.
    Meh, it does not matter how good you are. Bad jumps will fuck the run up probably every one out of four or so runs regardless. There is too much luck involved. Nothing like clearing four two or three floor jumps in record time only to know you could have been at floor 20+ in shorter time with better jumps instead of floor 8 or 12.

That being said my group (SAM DRK WAR BLU SCH SCH) has about a 50%+ win rate with no movement cheating, powder boots, or any of that annoyance. In fact one member does not even have w legs for his DRK. Only had one night we did not win any runs. Lately it has been 2/3 wins with the loss always being in the 90s. We have lost on floor 99 more than any other floor.

I think most of the problem with people who can not win is that they have bad strategy, ordinary gear, and a lack of coordination. I save a lot of time by taking a room on all floors and AoEing it to death on BLU while everyone moves on to more mobs. IMO you gain more from VOIP than anything else. Being able to call out dead ends early, telling people to keep going because you will solo this mob, and verbally notifying direction for NMs, singles, and lamps shaves time off everywhere. Even for (dare I say it?) calling out skill chains. The WAR and I go one way on boss floors and the SAM and DRK the other way. When we find the NM I set up light with CDC and the WAR rape closes it with Ukon.

Nyzul is actually really easy even if the lamps could use adjustment IMO.The difficulty is solely in the random floor jumps.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sp1cyryan; 09-10-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Only two right things in your post are the following :
    *lamp floors completely suck
    *being able to talk to others while playing increases your success rate.

So basically you are agreeing with all the comlaints so stop defending it. When the devs did post about nyzul they did say they wanted people to reach F80 if not too unlucky anf F100 if extremely lucky. Turns out this is not what is happening by any means. They also ajusted it so that you can either get F80 or 100. If at least we had the possiblility to go up after F80. You could easily imagine F80 being forced.
    (2)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67