Hybrid View

Character
    Castortroy
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

NEO Nyzul 2.0

Is there any freaking way to finish this 1-100 and kill boss for armor without cheating. People online on forums are posting winning, but every single absolute one of them has to flee hack/lamp .dat hack/clipping hack/god mode hack!!! Is SE gonna fix this, or have they stopped banning people for doing this because the only way it seems to even get close to beating this right now is by cheating. ??? unless you have 6 char with 99 relics including 4 DD and 2 SCH that absolutely still even though they are geared well and play well fail if anyone dies, or if they get shitty floors...
    (14)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The amount of DD with 99 relic or SCh doesn't matter. It's pure luck you have to roll ~9 floor jumps 7+ times. To answer your question no it's not possible to reach floor 100 without cheating.
    (17)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 05-30-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It's very possible but it's just really unlikely. Certain floors (lamp order, anything where you have to kill sky/GK NMs etc.) will eat up too much time and probably kill any chance of reaching 100.

On top of that you need a lot of luck with floors, without any form of mods/hacks a good group should be able to clear 15-16 floors or thereabouts so would need to average 6-7 floors per jump, taking into account that floors from 92+ will reroll if it puts you over 100 making that section normally take longer.

Probably been said before but yeah, 2xSCH and 4 well geared DDs is pretty much essential to give you any chance.
    (2)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    It's very possible but it's just really unlikely. Certain floors (lamp order, anything where you have to kill sky/GK NMs etc.) will eat up too much time and probably kill any chance of reaching 100.

On top of that you need a lot of luck with floors, without any form of mods/hacks a good group should be able to clear 15-16 floors or thereabouts so would need to average 6-7 floors per jump, taking into account that floors from 92+ will reroll if it puts you over 100 making that section normally take longer.

Probably been said before but yeah, 2xSCH and 4 well geared DDs is pretty much essential to give you any chance.
    The essential: 2xsch and 4 DD, flee boots, 1 stack of oils and powder, appropriate temps. But you cannot fight the random. What is goign to eat your time:

1 - lamp order: 2-3min since its goign to be 30s per attempt.
    2 - kill all: even if there arent many mobs contrary to 75 nyzul (it seems) it still takes ~2minutes.
    3- bad ???floor jumps.
    you warp on average by 5 floors, so the chance of getting enough warps (~15) to reach 100 is already small. Say you get to 100 within 15 jumps. that's 2 minutes or less per floor. You need ot have almost no "lamp order" and "kill all" floors, and many "specified enemy". Cheats allow to clear "specified enemy(ies)" and "lamp order" in like 1mn but if you dont cheat you're fucked up.

Nyzul is impossible, winning it is like having 100% crit hit rate outside abyssea.
    (2)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's impossible to clear 15 average floors without cheat. There is always a minimum running per floor, it's not farfetched to consider that you need to run as much as the distance from PJ "signet" to ¨PJ"guidestone" on average per floor which takes 50 second (yes!) so you spend nearly 15 minutes running, and then each floor requires specific action and you are allowed one minute per floor max ? That's impossible or I want proof of the opposite. A simple "code lamps" floor which may look like a quick floor will take more than a minute since you can't see through walls and when the lamp is found everyone has to cross the zone AGAIN. An order lamp is going to take 30 seconds per attempt and you 'll need probably at least 3 or 4. It's safe to say that anyone with a level 99 Nyzul gear has been cheating.
    (13)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 05-31-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Atirathi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Did the development team play Nyzul Isle Uncharted before it was realeased? Was it on the test server? What was the feed back from the test server? Has the development team ever commented on NIU?

What could the development team do except make it extremely easy to get to floor 100 to resolve this issue. I can't see them changing it to be honest. Get to floor 80x125+ for a full set or get to floor 100 once or twice year if your lucky. Goodluck, Regards The Dev team.
    (3)

Player
    It just follows what this game has become. Everything is luck, not skill, not effort. VW drops, all luck, can take 1 kill or 300 to get the same item. Nyzul, can get screwed on random floors & on what you do each floor, if you get bad floors and bad randoms, thats to bad, you lose. Luck has become part of our world of FFXI, its what we get now, if your lucky, you get somewhere, if your unlucky, your doomed.
    (5)

Player
    -Make it so that the timer does not start until a Destination Floor is chosen so that players can freely buff up, get items from the chest and get ready before starting.
    -Add time extension chests randomly from mobs.
    -Remove the Pathos thing or at least the restrictions because the event is already extremely difficult dealing with the luck factor of Jump floors. It stinks when we're making good floor jumps quickly then get stuck on a boss floor with weapon skills restricted and no matter how well you did before, you'll now lose because of the time sink.

Though I suppose all those things are meant to filter out as many people from winning 100 as possible to make the 100 floor gear 'rare' and they figured most people would achieve 80 gear and 100's through the 1/25 gold astrariums but didn't count on thousands of people cheating.
    (5)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    a good group can make it to 80 without cheating, hence to get to 100 you need luck AND skilled players. We've gotten to 90+ two times, the one time we could have gotten to 100 but the floor 80 boss killed a DD, then another died fighting a random nm agro on 92 or 94...point is it is possible just alot of luck is needed to win without cheating.

That said, yes, i've read about alot of cheaters getting temp banned and i'm not sure but SE must have stopped. I believe anyone with 5/5 niur gear has cheated. Someone who just has one or two peices may not have cheated.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Sakima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    To say anyone that has 3 or more pieces of hq gear is cheating is completely ignorant. It is possible to beat ny isle without any forms of cheating just do no expect to accomplish it on a daily basis . The event does have a learning curve in order to succeed so i can see why people that are unfamiliar with mechanics are frustrated. Your already failing 100% by not trying the event so if you want the gear you might as well try, best advice i can say is practice makes perfect and even then you will run in to horrible jumps/floors. I am positive that none in my current group uses any form of tools like lamp order/wire mode/clipper as we are always splitting up to cover ground, still having deal with 5 order lamps by in the order they where found which i don't mind so much these days versus a huge kill all floor or a boss that feels they are 5 mins away from the start point. The event is very much luck based at times but there are ways to increase your chances without cheating that involves playing at a fast pace and concentration from everyone. Many times we have come across 90+ runs where using lamp order or knowing where everything was would of resulted in a win so i see the frustration, we get over and still plug away at the event since everyone in the group agrees that its not worth the risk in getting banned. Cant say my group has the best progression in gear but i am content in the gear we have achieved when the stars align on a winning run. Funny story about lamp orders had a run where i was the one using sprinters drink was a 3 lamp order since i was the one ahead with flee i hit 1st lamp > found 2 hit > found 3rd hit couple seconds later floor objective complete not even 1 minute used on the floor had we not been so lucky we still would of accomplished the order in a timely manner. Also if you have aggro around a lamp learn to turn it on even with a couple mobs hitting you instead of wasting your groups precious minutes/seconds fighting the mob. Wouldn't dare do nyzul without x2 sch x2 body boost. Good luck on coming across a winning floor jump layout as i call it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast