Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: NEO Nyzul 2.0

Character
    Divinius
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    People in this thread really need to learn the difference between "impossible" and "improbable".
    (3)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If your not using 3rd party tools & dat mods - getting to floor 100 NIv2 is very much like getting one of the body pieces in VW that has a drop rate of less than 1%. You can do everything right in NIv2 - have 4 strong DD, 2 SCH, flee boots - and the vast majority of the time you will come up short. There was a video of a JP group to got to floor 100 without any extra tools or mods that I studied carefully - they ended the run with 9 minutes to spare.

The most important factor about the run was - they jumped 8 to 9 floors *every time*, and all of their lamp floors were "code", and they had many "1 enemy" floors.

So - the most important factor is luck.

NIv2 is working exactly the way SE wants it to work - they want groups to just spam it over, and over, and over, and over, and over, until they finally hit that lucky set of floors.

Its not like the old NI, where once you get a good setup your chances of clearing your set of floor was 100%.

It is designed as a time sink to keep you playing until you hit that "lucky" floor combination.

Many groups have just given the virtual middle finger to SE by using 3rd party tools to greatly reduce the luck factor - and I think it is fair to say that anyone with more than 2 pieces of 100 gear at this point is using 3rd party tools.
    (3)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by larrymc View Post
    It is designed as a time sink to keep you playing until you hit that "lucky" floor combination.
    then easy way to do so: make a weekly bonanza!
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    We've gotten to 90+ two times, the one time we could have gotten to 100
    Without seeing through walls ? Without changing the lamps names ?

Quote Originally Posted by larrymc View Post
    This event had been designed by someone that didn't think more like 1 minute. I mean serisouly did they never heard of the trick to see through wall and dat mods ?
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 06-01-2012 at 02:58 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakima View Post
    TFunny story about lamp orders had a run where i was the one using sprinters drink was a 3 lamp order since i was the one ahead with flee i hit 1st lamp > found 2 hit > found 3rd hit couple seconds later floor objective complete not even 1 minute used on the floor had we not been so lucky we still would of accomplished the order in a timely manner.
    Yeah noone is seriously beileving you, I mean hey guys I found the first lamp ; how did you know it was the first lamp ? Dude there is absoultely no way to increase your success rate. I'm telling you your members have cheats they don't tell about.
    (2)

Ultimate DPS simulator

When I was doing this event, I only saw order lamp floors once every other run, if not less. I don't know why so many people complain about them. This event is actually based entirely on gear and the people you're playing with. Better geared people who know what theyre doing will clear more floors on average than poorly geared players, and increasing your floor average, even by only 1 or 2 per run, vastly increases your ability to reach 100.

Saying it's all luck at this point just shows that you're a terrible player. Sure, having bad luck will screw you over, (I remember once jumping 7 times before clearing floor 20 lol) but good groups will win with average luck on floor jumps, and amazing groups win with below average floor jumps.

EDIT: And seriously, 2x SCH and 4x good DD is required. Going in with anything else is asking to not reach 100.
    (2)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 06-01-2012 at 05:21 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I suppose this is where BG gimps show us a video of their awesome-cheatless skills. But obviously they won't.
    (3)

Ultimate DPS simulator

Character
    Sakima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Yeah noone is seriously beileving you, I mean hey guys I found the first lamp ; how did you know it was the first lamp ? Dude there is absoultely no way to increase your success rate. I'm telling you your members have cheats they don't tell about.
    All 3 lamps where on the same side. I hit the lamps in relation to the runic, so you understand it was the closest lamp to runic portal that i decided to hit first, then 2nd closest then 3rd which happened to be the order. I did not suck my thumb saying oh could this be the first lamp i just hit as soon as i came across them (sprinters drink) knowing the people behind me are smart enough to stand by on the lamps i left behind on the chance it would of been the wrong order. You obviously don't believe because your group has been incapable to clear it without tools? So because your group hasn't been able to beat it you makes you the standard? Ignorance is bliss. Do you even use x2 sch or is it a party of 6 monks? Ever think about taking a dragoon for angon, to improve your kill speed drastically on boss mobs or that horrible pudding that likes to spawn with pdt?
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The fact that you insist on killing speed in your argument against my statement proves my point. It's pretty obious that the killing speed is not what matters. The floors that matters are "code lamps" "order lamps" "enemies" the other are quick. The floors that don't matters are killall because each melee is unlikely to have more than 2 mobs to kill...
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 06-01-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator

Hey everyone,

The new Nyzul was not designed in such a way that it is impossible to clear. We understand that it is a challenge to reach and complete floor 100, but please keep in mind that successful runs offers guaranteed rewards. In addition, the development team was able to introduce rewards with some highly beneficial stats due to the level of difficulty associated with getting to and conquering floor 100. That said, there aren't any plans to simplify the journey up to the top
    (19)

Okipuit - Community Team

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast