Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    This doesn't solve the fact that NA/EU doesn't get to participate. The Weapon thing was kind of cool, sad to see it removed (if its because of selling just make it so you don't know what the item is until after you use the code).

I'm still upset that NA/EU territories have no way to obtain the tags either for the tag itself (collection purposes) or for a chance at an item.

We'll all get the information from VanaFest, that's not a problem. But it's the collectables and the merchandise that I really want to know about.
    (8)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    No idea why people would pay 500 yens several times for fail VW bodies. You guys don't have to worry about you stock of tags, you just removed the very reason people were going to pay for it >_>.
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 06-01-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Yurai
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You guys are upset that they fixed the reason that everyone was upset at this event? How odd. Most people seemed to be upset that "Square Enix is selling R/M/E weapons for $7 to Japanese players only." That is absurd, and they did the smart move by correcting that. The Tags/Item Codes themselves aren't that big of a deal and are standard for these sorts of MMO Conventions. I would suggest you guys focus your energy on asking Square Enix to host an event in US/EU, rather than saying "The Japanese event shouldn't get to have anything cool."
    (4)
    Yurai of Odin, BlueHat Linkshell.
    Monk. White Mage. Awesome.
    Auspice and Boost-AGI are your friends. Please use them!

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    If they aren't giving away R/M/E to people (and only a select few at that) then I no longer care. Giving away shinies to a small group of people is something maybe I should be upset about, but R/M/E are sacred and should be offered to everybody or nobody.
    (6)

Character
    Raucent
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    agreed while VW drops can be very potent they don't cost anywhere near 100M gil to attain
    (1)

Player
    Thank you, SE, for listening to your players worldwide and getting rid of the biggest issue. While some of us are going to be sour about potentially not having the chance to get the merchandise or to enter in a content now, you have the opportunity to make that up to us at a later time.

Also, FusionX is so right. It would be great to have access to FFXI merchandise regardless of the region you are in. This is a good opportunity for SE to make some extra money via their website. We don't need in-game items for everything you offer. Some of us just like art books, soundtracks, and other memorabilia. Most of us are more than willing to look past raw Japanese text if it means access to original artwork and the like.
    (5)
    Last edited by Sfchakan; 06-01-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfchakan View Post
    Also, FusionX is so right. It would be great to have access to FFXI merchandise regardless of the region you are in. This is a good opportunity for SE to make some extra money via their website. We don't need in-game items for everything you offer. Some of us just like art books, soundtracks, and other memorabilia. Most of us are more than willing to look past raw Japanese text if it means access to original artwork and the like.
    It's not just "FFXI merchandise" (though in general it feels like more should be made and made available to all regions) It's the 10th anniversary stuff they said would be at the event. The impression I got is that it might only be available at that event which makes me a bit sad. That being said, it's not like I haven't imported FFXI stuff for my collection before, however it's not like I can simply order stuff from VanaFest. Certain things being exclusive to the event I can understand, I still have my little notebook and stuff from 2007, but 10th anniversary merchandise should be available to all regions that play the game imo.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This doesn't solve the fact that NA/EU doesn't get to participate.
    It doesn't really matter now- nobody would be interested.

They should offer a limited number for sale in other regions but with the broken items removed I doubt if anyone would buy at this point. Is anyone here really that crazy about dog tags?
    (0)

Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I probably would just buy a Mandau for $200 if SE put it up in a cash shop like that, tbh... don't have the time I did when I was in my early 20s when XI released.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    did not see another post related to it sooo

i got the red translated as "Has been discontinued"
    you know, why don't they like remove the items from the list instaead of actually take the time to upload new images that are crossed out in red? That's like some kind of a taunt.
    (0)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast