Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Vana'diel Festa in Japan, 10th anniversary special event "Random Deal"

What do you think about this event?
    (sorry, but JP only. please translate yourself)

http://www.playonline.com/ff11/event/vanafest2012/
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11/event/vanafest2012/detail.html?id=item
    (13)

Character
    Bloodytears
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    it says like this ,
    6Metal Tags will be on sale at Fest in japan (500yen ,about 6~7$)
    with RANDOM register code of in game items.

Those items are MW, RW, EW, VW shining equipments,etc.

"sorry" for my poor english.
    (5)

Character
    Dathus
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Anyone going to Vana'Fest and wants to make a couple bucks?
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I think it is lame that SE is selling some of the hardest to obtain items, and I think it's pretty dumb of them that they are selling so cheaply. Maybe more details will come out as far as probability, but it looks like someone could buy almost anything they want (and a considerable number of incidental other things) for about $100. I know SE's budget has been tight, but selling what little integrity they have left for a few thousand dollars seems weak even for them.
    (15)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Um yeah, let's sell some random super weapons/items to one portion of our playerbase for the price of lunch and not give other people a similar opportunity. At least sell a few of the things on the goddanged SE online store or something.

Or better yet, don't do it at all, because that's a really lame way to give out relics. Do they really need to sell a couple dog tags that badly?
    (11)

Player
    lol what a slap in the face to the NA and EU base.

Seriously, selling the rarest items in the game for 6 bucks while bullshitting us about items needing to be rare for balance? Hahahahaha.

Please tell me this has a Tanaka-style trap involved and really the code is for a 'chance' at getting a rare item when you key it in at the moogle. You have a 5% chance of getting the item and a 95% chance of getting logs, ore or rock salt.

Let the games begin!~
    (22)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It would be nice if Camate and Bayohne returned from vanafest with a bunch of these to give away at an event. =\
    (1)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I want to assume that there's more chance of getting special event items out of this than VW drops or Weapon Coupons, but it really is an assumption at this point. All I can say it, can we have some?

Thought not.
    (2)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

And yet the Fanart contest have only gimmicky rewards... they could give things like this to people that at least put some actuall effort insted of just having some extra bucks and/or have the fortune to live in certain region.

SE need to spread the love, I as a mexican am used to be cut off of cool events like this, but FFXI is suposed to be something of a global thing. Not saying you should make a vanafest mexican edition (it would be cool tho, we have the best tacos after all, not those aberrations sold at taco bell) but at least put some more effort on rewads for global events, I know there are legal things involved in monetary rewards, not money per se, but things of monetary value like the shadowlord statue of the caption contest, or the PC awared at '09 vanafest fanart contest.

But theres nothing against an in game reward thats actually useful like the ones you are going to be giving up for cash at this event...

More love to the artist, they enrich your comunity and express the love for the game also.
    (2)

azjazo.deviantart.com

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Wow, what a slap in the face of loyal non JP customers. I have been kind of a diehard FFXI fangirl, saying I will be there when the servers shut down etc etc. However if they are now RMT'ing relics/emp/rare gear to JP only I am not sure I am long for this game.
    (13)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast